Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims 4 packs will the PS4 hold?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I'm curious. I plan on downloading every one but I also have other videogames on my Ps4.

Comments

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I assume it's like the computer and it depends how much space your PS4 has on it. I believe the DLC tells you how much each download size is.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think the same as pc, maybe smaller. When i was downloading the dlc bundle a while back city living looked smaller in gb's then pc but i could be wrong.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    That depends on your storage capacity on your PS4. The size of the base game is roughly the same on console as it is on PC, so the best way to gauge the space you will need is to look at how much space Sims 4 is taking up on your PC.

I don’t own PS4 so I’m not sure how many different storage configurations are available, but I know my Xbox could not hold the entire Sims 4 library of content with all of the other titles I have installed on it.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I only bought my xbox for the Sims and i have somewhere around 800 gb (not really sure)
    I own all the packs so far and I've only used 2% of my storage. Im sure there is a way too see how many gbs the sims 4 and all its packs are taking on your ps4.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I have every pack except for vampires, the game is holding pretty well
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    I only bought my xbox for the Sims and i have somewhere around 800 gb (not really sure)
    I own all the packs so far and I've only used 2% of my storage. Im sure there is a way too see how many gbs the sims 4 and all its packs are taking on your ps4.

I bought a new pro for the sims, i had the regular ps4 beforehand but it was like a jet engine in the end.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm curious. I plan on downloading every one but I also have other videogames on my Ps4.

I have a terabyte with 700 remaining the
    With only,

Tomb raider 2013
    Grand theft auto 5
    Resident evil
    Revelations 2
    Resident evil 0
    Resident evil 5 and 7
    Evil within

All sims packs but romantic garden

A terabyte would be a save bet.

You can always add and remove other games to free up space if needed.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Good thing I came across this thread. I am planning on getting a PS4 for my birthday so I was wondering which capacity I would need. I will only be playing Sims 4 on it.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I have a 500 GB system. I hope that will be enough if I only play Sims 4.
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I have a 500 GB system. I hope that will be enough if I only play Sims 4.

You should be fine. The base game uses ~9GB but the packs are much smaller than that.
  • MissHawkGirlMissHawkGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    As of PS4 update 4.5.0 the system supports up to an 8 TB external drive in addition to whatever sized hard drive is contained within. It will need to be formatted by the console before using, then you should have all the space you could need! Hope this helps.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I actually bought a refurbished PS4 this past weekend. Hopefully when I get it set up I will find out the capacity since it didn't say on the box.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    How much space does just the Base Game take up?
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    How much space does just the Base Game take up?

I think you have to have 12GB available or at least that's what was mentioned by simguruduke on twitter back before the game launched on console as I remember alot of people kept asking him. I don't know the exact soze though.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    As of PS4 update 4.5.0 the system supports up to an 8 TB external drive in addition to whatever sized hard drive is contained within. It will need to be formatted by the console before using, then you should have all the space you could need! Hope this helps.

Is that any external harddrive or one specifically for the PS4? That's awesome. I didn't know about that.

Is that any external harddrive or one specifically for the PS4? That's awesome. I didn't know about that.

External. You can find some relatively good ones that don’t cost very much. I have a 2TB external hard drive that only cost me like $50 on Amazon. I don’t use it for console gaming, but it can be formatted for it.

I didnt know you could do this either, ive used about 700GB on my ps4 now so this might be a good idea for me.