Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather have a new PC to play sims on or xbox/playstation and multiple games?

I cant make up my mind and the time is fast approaching. I am either gonna choose the console and a couple fun games or a good laptop to play sims 4 on. What would you do in this situation? :)

I am enjoying Sims 2 at the moment, but Sims 4 is my fave. But on the other hand I have been wanting a console and fun games OTHER than sims to play! Which option would be smarter?

Its and either/or situation because I cant get a gaming laptop AND a new xbox/playstation :s

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I'd rather you get a new laptop to play TS4. I bet those other new games won't have a good replayable value compared to TS4. Plus, with a new laptop, you can also play new games. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'd rather you get a new laptop to play TS4. I bet those other new games won't have a good replayable value compared to TS4. Plus, with a new laptop, you can also play new games. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! :) I grew up on playstation. I played it all from around 8 or 9 years old. Havent played in years though. I have been considering racing games, I love those and maybe a decent one from the horror genre. I have been wanting a decent laptop to play sims on for the longest time though. The console is a LOT cheaper, so I could wait for Christmas on that one <3@DeKay
  • MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    I'd rather have a gaming PC that can actually run games on high graphics
    Being a laptop gamer is hard when you have to lower the settings so much its not even worth it in the end
    Like Overwatch for me is so low on quality its so pixel-y and I still lag - sometimes so much I disconnect, lel
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I was struggling with this myself recently. Below was what I ended up with:

PC vs. Xbox One: Most games you can get for the Xbox One you can get for PC. You could even get an Xbox controller and you'd basically have a console and a PC wrapped in one. No real reason to buy an Xbox One except to spend less money for a less useful product.

PC vs. PlayStation 4: The PS4 has more exclusive games than the Xbox One. You might want to look into PS4-exclusive games and see if there are any you're interested in (or if any of those games are more interesting than having an incredible gaming PC than can play nearly everything).

Stray thoughts:
    * PC has significantly more exclusive games that can't be played on either console
    * for less tech savvy gamers who just want to play games without any hassle, a console would be easier to set up and maintain
    * for more tech savvy gamers, tinkering with and upgrading a PC is part of the fun of owning one

I ended up getting a new PC and have enjoyed it immensely without any regrets. I did however buy a Nintendo Switch last year for a couple of Switch-exclusive games. But I still play on my PC way more than I play with my Switch.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    This is a very difficult question because we don't really know you. I have a PS3 and will be buying a PS4 to catch up on some games that look great judging by their trailers and Tomb Raider of course. However if I had to make a choice between a PS4 and a new laptop for simming, I'd choose the latter. TS4 had durability, you can continue playing for years to come. A regular game on a console doesn't last longer than a day or two (for me at least). Sure you can play it again after a few months but that's it. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS3! But I love the sims more. Besides, if you pick a good laptop you can play the games on it instead of using a gaming console. I guess it's all very subjective, it is up to you to think about what means most to you, the sims or a broader gaming world :smile:
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    If you're really focused on playing TS4, I would say choose a PC, because you'll be very limited to what packs you'll have access to on the console.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I'd say get the PC. In a few years you may be able to buy the console at a cheaper price along with those few games that didn't get PC ports.

Or even the next console because many consoles these days are at least backwards compatible with the games released for the console before it.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Get a PC because you can still play other video games on it, and you can use it to get work done as well!
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    People who play Sims 4 on the console are viewing it on their television screen? I imagine that might have some advantages. We have a big screen TV, which seems like it would be fun to play on, because you could see so much. If I lived alone, I might get a console. But since I have to compete with my husband and the kids for the TV, it seems like a laptop works better. It does depend on your situation.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    If you are still looking at it 15 days later, I may be able to provide you my thoughts on the tale.

I hugely stress going for PC.
    I would go into too much detail but in short: consoles are generally way too expensive with upkeep now, online fees are a thing, and unlike PC £50 adds up a lot ontop of what you pay for everything else like DLC/Expansion Passes (ugh that word scares me)

PCs are avalible for modding which allow you to run rampant:
    Want a NFS game with faces on the road? That's possible.
    Want your Sims to all look like Monika? (Just Monika) That's possible too!

Consoles are extremely limited, if even moddable at all, only with EXTENSIVE restrictions you have to abide to even have a mod system. So you can't mod much, and what is possible is limited by the developers and the Console's owning corporation, so unfortunately, you can't have .

Since you mentioned going for Laptop too, you can also do all the work, video editing (if you choose so) and modding yourself from the direct comfort of the keyboard, and that means you don't need a capture card (only really a screen-recorder, which if you choose wisely on, can find a good free alternative to the paid ones)
    L9q8VGi.png
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh wow. This thread got popular so late lol! :D

I bought a laptop. It was sort of expensive but it is also above the recommended requirements to run cats and dogs and the latest games. I really enjoy it. Load screens last 2 maybe 3 seconds now and Im playing sims and there are also other games that can be played via computer. So Im SUPER HAPPY to say the least.

I play sims 4 on ultra now , it flows like water :)<3@Sorak4 @MumuDesuyo