Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridgeport vs Starlight Shores?

Just Wondering?

Also, can you please tell me why you chose that town please?

Comments

• TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    I prefer Starlight Shores because it has more of a town feel than a city feel.

It's really all about how you want to play the game though. I like starting with an empty lot or a wreck of a house and building up. I like gardening, pets, and kids' toys in the yard. That's why Bridgeport isn't my cup of tea.
  • superjenn12superjenn12 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited March 2012
    i don't really like bridgeport too much. i played it when i first got the game but i am not one for cities.
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2012
    I too prefer Starlight Shores. I like how it does have some buildings that could belong in a city, but it also has a lot of HOUSES. Not just a ton of apartment buildings that give you no possible way of starting a family. And I like it's downtown area. It has a very...relaxed yet urban feeling to it. Whereas, Bridgeport is completely urban and there really is no downtown because it's all downtown :lol:
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've had a quick look at Starlight Shores and to me it seems kind of empty, I was expecting more buildings and maybe a Bridgeport kind of look to it. I've not played it though, I was going to but the emptiness put me off it.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited March 2012
    I do kinda like Bridgeport over Starlight Shores, because at least Bridgeport has apartments and some tall buildings w/ a city feel & not need to feel like an ordinary town. Starlight Shores feels like another town that is nothing different from Sunset Valley.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2012
    Bridgeport is awesome once i get done editing it.

Starlight shores has some really nice modern looking homes. but for some reason im not too crazy about the town itself.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like the homes in Starlight Shores. They are the first EA made homes that I actually like. I don't care for the town though. It's too small.

Having all the Bridgeport Clubs and Entertainment venues is awesome in Bridgeport.
    I had to do a heck of a lot of editing to get in enough family homes, but I managed to do it.

Screenshot-1415.jpg

Screenshot-1414.jpg

Screenshot-1416.jpg

Screenshot-1386.jpg

Screenshot-13a1.jpg

Screenshot-1389.jpg

Screenshot-1283-1.jpg

Screenshot-1284.jpg

Screenshot-1299-1.jpg

I may go back and raid some Starlight Shores homes for Bridgeport.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love Starlight Shores.

Bridgeport is way too laggy for me!
  • Needles1987Needles1987 Posts: 228 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Bridgeport is always lagging whenever I play it.
  • manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have to agree with well... all the posts so far, haha, Bridgeport is big and lags if you don't have a good computer. But it does have the homes across the bridge that get you away from the big city feel.

Starlight Shores is smaller therefore runs better on lesser machines. There is not much room to add the skyscrapers and such, if that's what you like, actually there isn't much room there to add much at all, without major demolition. I did manage to get the prosper room in though and added a dive bar I made myself, and I have been playing there alot so, I would have to go with Starlight Shores as my favorite,at the moment.

:mrgreen:

mw
    this may be my longest post ever! :shock:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2012
    Bridgeport

Because it's larger,has a city and apartments.

Starlight Shores is too small to me.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2012
    i like starlight shores rather then bridgeport, not into city's and to many stuck sims in bridgeport either in the lifts of apartments or routine problems, i am not into a big population town either starlight shores is just enough people populating it for me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2012
    I do kinda like Bridgeport over Starlight Shores, because at least Bridgeport has apartments and some tall buildings w/ a city feel & not need to feel like an ordinary town. Starlight Shores feels like another town that is nothing different from Sunset Valley.

Were did the heart on your avie come from?

Also just my opinion but I think Hidden Springs and Lunar Lakes are the best EA worlds overall. Both my favorites. :mrgreen:
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love Hidden Springs too! It's beautiful and you can add a lot of community lots from the expansion packs to it.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2012
    I prefer Bridgeport.

Though I do wish there was room to add more lots to it.Although my game places the ST lots for me.
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited March 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    I like the homes in Starlight Shores. They are the first EA made homes that I actually like. I don't care for the town though. It's too small.

Having all the Bridgeport Clubs and Entertainment venues is awesome in Bridgeport.
    I had to do a heck of a lot of editing to get in enough family homes, but I managed to do it.

Screenshot-1415.jpg

Screenshot-1414.jpg

Screenshot-1416.jpg

Screenshot-1386.jpg

Screenshot-13a1.jpg

Screenshot-1389.jpg

Screenshot-1283-1.jpg

Screenshot-1284.jpg

Screenshot-1299-1.jpg

I may go back and raid some Starlight Shores homes for Bridgeport.

Gorgeous!! Just what I had in mind! :thumbup: Did it take very long to edit?
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited March 2012
    I prefer Starlight Shores, I like that there was a Hollywood feel to it. I also just think that it is prettier than Bridgeport. I don't hate Bridgeport, but I'm not really a fan of the cramped little apartments and I feel like the center of the world is overcrowded with all of the skyscrapers.
  • Riven18Riven18 Posts: 181
    edited March 2012
    I was fully expecting Starlight Shores to be a city, not just another suburban town, one of the main reasons I still have not decided to purchase Showtime.

That and I agree with all the people who say it looks kinda empty. I don't have a fully informed opinion, but from what I've seen Bridgeport's still my favorite. I play it to death, with is why I was kinda hoping we'd get another city for me to choose from... :(
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    I tried playing in Starlight Shores, but it was buggy to the point of almost unplayable on my computer. After a few quick edits in Bridgeport it isn’t quite as difficult to play in on my computer and I use it often .