Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing the sims 2 again after nearly a decade...observations

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
The game is just as silly and fun as I remember. The sims are more violent. I have to admit it's sort of uncomfortable to watch Lilith pleasant be slapped around by her hateful evil twin sibling.

My one gripe is the camera. The live/build mode camera is terrible. You cant angle it right on to look at your builds straight . And it's unsteady. Other than that it's really playable and fun until I get my new computer to play sins 4 :)

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    The graphics are less awful than I remember :#
    It's also very hard to repair the bad relationships. I want Lilith and her sister to be friends.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I feel like its harder to have big family with a lot of children. Maybe in the Sims 4 its easier because of the multi-tasking. But in the Sims 2 it is so stressful and lots of 'What are you doing? No.. no dont go that way, why are you walking alll the way over there?' moments.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    edited February 2018
    garapoes wrote: »
    I feel like its harder to have big family with a lot of children. Maybe in the Sims 4 its easier because of the multi-tasking. But in the Sims 2 it is so stressful and lots of 'What are you doing? No.. no dont go that way, why are you walking alll the way over there?' moments.

Thanks for sharing your observation. I haven't played with toddlers. I'm only going to play with the premades :)
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Well you have the Capp household in Veronaville with the 4 kids, extremenly stresfull! And in Sims 4 I usually have a lot of kids running around without a problem. Maybe money is also an issue since the Capp household need to live in a small house.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m glad you are having fun with it. Have you updated your graphics with the graphics rule maker?

Families are harder in 2 but I think it’s because it’s a more challenging game. In a good way.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    If you are not opposed to modding the game, you can try Gunmod's camera. It works great and gives you a lot more freedom. Here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642

Just make sure you read the instructions carefully. It does not go in downloads like other mods. Make sure you make a backup of your camera file before putting it in. That way if you don't like it, you can just switch out the files again.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2018
    The game is just as silly and fun as I remember. The sims are more violent. I have to admit it's sort of uncomfortable to watch Lilith pleasant be slapped around by her hateful evil twin sibling.

My one gripe is the camera. The live/build mode camera is terrible. You cant angle it right on to look at your builds straight . And it's unsteady. Other than that it's really playable and fun until I get my new computer to play sins 4 :)

You have to tilt your mouse and then raise or lower the camera (hit tab) use keyboard shorts to set the camera at the angle of where you want it. Honestly you have more option to get any angle you want in TS2 rather than in TS3 or TS4. It takes a little practice to look straight on into your Sim's eyes, etc. If you don't want to use mods. And good luck with making the sisters friends, because they are programmed to hate each other.

ETA: What I find more uncomfortable was TS4 wife not saying a word to her cheating husband but hanging out and joking with his lover....I was always thinking, What are you doing? Why are you a doormat, slap somebody! kick him out, tell him off, slap that bimbo and show you are not a push over. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
    It's also very hard to repair the bad relationships. I want Lilith and her sister to be friends.

Same here! I’m playing the Grunt household and Tank keeps wanting to slap Ripp any time he’s not selected. I have to keep canceling the interaction. :D I might try to build the dysfunctional family’s relationship at some point, but at the moment it just seems like too much a hassle.
    85k4x.gif

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Hanging out (have a mutual friend or aquaintance invite them both) is probably the quickest way to repair a relationship because it is a good booster and it doesn't time out anywhere near as fast, so they can't have bad conversations or poke each other during it.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    I’ve been debating back and forth if I want to download TS2 from the Mac App Store lately. I didn’t realize mods were still up
    edited February 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’ve been debating back and forth if I want to download TS2 from the Mac App Store lately. I didn’t realize mods were still up

You could get TS2U for free if you win The Sims 18th anniversary challenges, they are giving it away if you win a contest.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hanging out (have a mutual friend or aquaintance invite them both) is probably the quickest way to repair a relationship because it is a good booster and it doesn't time out anywhere near as fast, so they can't have bad conversations or poke each other during it.

This works well if you have Seasons and try and make friends or repair relationships in the summertime. They get a slight social boost during the summer. The lifetime and daily scores get a boost in the summer as well.
  • PamelaBeaufortPamelaBeaufort Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I’ve been debating back and forth if I want to download TS2 from the Mac App Store lately. I didn’t realize mods were still up

I think modders are still creating as much new content daily for TS2 as for TS3/4.
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I’ve been debating back and forth if I want to download TS2 from the Mac App Store lately. I didn’t realize mods were still up

I think modders are still creating as much new content daily for TS2 as for TS3/4.

Oh ya absolutely! Actually now a days there are some fantastic mods and CC coming out! Things you never thought possible in the past are being done.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:

Oh ya absolutely! Actually now a days there are some fantastic mods and CC coming out! Things you never thought possible in the past are being done.

yes, the CAS sliders have surprised me a lot

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    So I have stopped playing sims 2 now. I will always give a nod to TS2 because it was the first sims game I loved, but Sims 4 is better, in my opinion. I loveeeee sims 4. And cant wait for more content! Going back to sims 2 was a shock, because its so basic in comparison.
    > @Chazzzy said:

Oh I know! I was shocked to see those released, everyone always said it couldn't be done. There are some very talented people making things for 2. Just in the last few days there have been awesome mods and CC released on MTS alone. Taking Toddlers and pets on vacation, Prom and after school hobby activities, mood swings for pregnant sims, teens, and mid-life crisis. Toddlers playing peek-a-boo with each other. Plus a actual sofa bed that works! Sweeeeeet!! I went on a downloading frenzy lately. :D To bad I haven't had time to play with any of it yet :pensive:
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Wait where did you find that working sofa bed @JULES1111 ? :open_mouth: My sims need one !
    > @Chazzzy said:

Oh I know! I was shocked to see those released, everyone always said it couldn't be done. There are some very talented people making things for 2. Just in the last few days there have been awesome mods and CC released on MTS alone. Taking Toddlers and pets on vacation, Prom and after school hobby activities, mood swings for pregnant sims, teens, and mid-life crisis. Toddlers playing peek-a-boo with each other. Plus a actual sofa bed that works! Sweeeeeet!! I went on a downloading frenzy lately. :D To bad I haven't had time to play with any of it yet :pensive:

Please Jules, don't get me started...I swore off cc downloading the past couple months since you know I had so much Trillions! lol I don't want to know....sneaks off to see MTS cc. :p

Congrats OP, I guess you got your new pc!
    Wait where did you find that working sofa bed @JULES1111 ? :open_mouth: My sims need one !

It is right here! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=607165
    Cinebar wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:

Please Jules, don't get me started...I swore off cc downloading the past couple months since you know I had so much Trillions! lol I don't want to know....sneaks off to see MTS cc. :p

Lol! :joy: Sorry! You know there are some things that are just to cool to resist!!!
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

It is right here! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=607165
    Cinebar wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:

Lol! :joy: Sorry! You know there are some things that are just to cool to resist!!!

Oh my ! This is just awesome ! Thank you for sharing :)
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > Taking Toddlers and pets on vacation

i need this in my life omg

do you mind telling me where you got it?
    spoopy wrote: »
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > Taking Toddlers and pets on vacation

i need this in my life omg

do you mind telling me where you got it?

Answered in the other thread. :)
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member

When I first played the Pleasant household I didn't like all the fighting that was going on with the twins. So I used the Grandparents to "influence" each of their personalities. It took a while but I found it fun to change them slightly so they would be nicer to each other LOL