Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet career - what am I missing?

I'm running a clinic with two of my household Sims because employees were a huge headache... I'm stuck at 4 stars and it says that I need to improve quality of service. I'm a bit confused about how I'm going to do that considering that both my vets are level 10, always diagnose pets properly on the table, I always give them whatever shot is appropriate (or take them to the surgery station if shots won't do it), and I have high quality supplies. I have all the useful perks at this point too.

Any input? Am I doing something wrong? The other thing that can improve is ambiance, so I suppose I could buy another vacuum or two and have three of them run instead of just one (I clean up as fast as possible, but yeah, sometimes it's still too slow).

Also, diagnosing a pet makes no sense whatsoever because my Sims somehow figure out that my dogs have low temperature by checking their mouth.

Moving on...

I hit a bug as well where a pet at some new illness but the only option I had was to give him a preventive shot... but it only happened once.

The crafting station - is there any point at all in making anything else than treats with it?

Overall, I played it enough to get my Sim the wealthy aspiration (it didn't take long, at 5000 Simoleon earned a day, then transferring money to their account), but it's boring and repetitive and I'm not really seeing much point to keep playing it.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is about this.

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Do you have a surgery station? Some of the higher levels of ailments require surgery (a thing which I did not realize, and which resulted in quite a few cones of shame leaving my vet clinic).

You can try doing things like petting or talking to the animal when you're done diagnosing, or sometimes before you bring them in. This gives a boost to the owner's satisfaction.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I use the surgery station to cure what can't be cured with a shot.

The main issue is that as soon as you greet a patient, the pet goes straight to the exam table, and the owner gets billed right after too, so unless you cancel the actions, you don't have options to pet the pets... would it count if I did it before greeting the patients?
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Someone else here had a solution that worked for me. Basically, you first make sure your clinic has pretty high level environment. You disallow new patients as soon as the first has spawned. Then you wait till the client notices the decor. Then you greet warmly, making sure to calm the pet if needed. After you're done, queue up call a good pet. Even if the client pays first, if they notice you've done that, you'll get a 5 star review.

I had my sim have her employees do nothing but clean or make treats, pref. the ambrosia ones.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Is the vacuum cleaner (cleaners?) PLUS the dock both fully upgraded? The Roomba is two separate units - each with their own upgrades (I found this out not too long ago myself). My vacuum cleaner doesn't have to be emptied out now (when it re-docks the trash is incinerated).

Another upgrade include the surgery station itself, so it doesn't go haywire while you're treating a patient. Very nice to have, since the pet's owner is watching over your shoulder.

I personally have my own clinic 100% upgraded - including the toilets - so nothing breaks (or breaks less often)! It also means that I don't really need a separate employee to go around fixing things, since my Vet is mastered in handiness skills as well. As of right now, she just needs to hire another Vet to help out - no need for a repairman that takes up an employee "slot".

Another thing I do is keep the vending machine fully stocked. At the end of the day, I check it's inventory and see what is the best seller vs. the not so great seller. From there, I try to make a couple extra treats for the best seller selection.

I hope you can use some of these ideas for your game (and get that 5th :star: )!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes everything is fully upgraded. I've given up on it for now...
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey francI27 I have some advice for you. Did you forget about the thing that you need to improve on after a shift you see what u need to improve and here are other tips to improve
    Stress:it's not fun but try to keep the bar under yellow and NEVER go into orange or red
    Cleaning: the rumba never works for me so I go around and clean and do the work if something brakes I go work on it ASAP
    Bedside manner: you do really have time but try talking to the pet owner or pet
    Try the call go pet before exam to boost star that's a rummer

Training:What I do i train before I get my first patient or the patient could get upset with how we greet

Decorations: get high quality decorations and plants

That's all the advice I have i wish I had more than that but hope u can do something with it