Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of my sims got a diploma but the other didn't?

I bought University life 2 days ago and I sent my brother and sister Sims off to university after the sister graduated from high school. They both did well in uni and received perfect GPAs, and they went to graduation. The sister was the first one to go into the building, and she received her diploma. The brother was the very last Sim to go into the building out of the whole lot. He went in there and when he came out, he doesn't have a diploma or the "Graduated From University!" emotion. He's wearing his grad attire. Is there any way to fix this glitch? Will his diploma be in the mail after he goes back home?

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully you have a save before they went to the graduation ceremony. I always save sometime that Sat. morning.

Assuming you do, get them to the Stadium and Annex early, around 12 pm. Position your sims near the doors farther away from what the crowd usually uses. They'll usually go in early and beat the crowd. If they don't, cancel the current action, position them near an uncrowded door, and click on the building to queue them up to graduate.

If you actually saved after the glitch and have no other back up - I don't know what you can do. I don't know if your sim will get a diploma in the mail, but if you got the chance to give him an additional trait maybe you'll be ok. I'm not sure. I always save before graduation if it goes wonky I exit w/o saving and try again.
  • annalenore1988annalenore1988 Posts: 53
    edited June 2014
    He ended up never getting the extra trait, but he did get the workforce boost. Eh. Oh well.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2014
    There is one little way you can fix this, but it requires a mod. After the fix you can easily remove the mod, if you are one who chooses to play without them.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler

Sim> Nraas> DebugEnabler> Options Smartphone> Academic Degrees

Automatically provides the specified University degree to the selected sim, at the completion level noted.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler+Phase+Five+Interactions

I have ran into this glitch as so many others have. With the mod, you can pick the grade level your sim had reached, they will get their deploma, and to be able to start at a higher level in their career, depending on the their grades.
  • AzureSkittyAzureSkitty Posts: 2 New Member
    i saved before graduation, if you really want the sim trait its a little long but it work, pause the game and hover over each person there write down their names excatly on notepad/word/wordpad(faster cause copy and past) or a piece of paper, then use ctrl+shift+c to enter the cheat/chat bar type ResetSim and the sims name i.e ResetSim Nathaniel Macklamoor, do this for each sim infront of your sim and youll be the only one there to graduate then :D
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @AzureSkitty, thanks for sharing that info ^^ I'll close this thread off now as it's an oldie (necroposting) and there's been some good workarounds shared.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top