Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fire Prevention System Utility Panel

JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
Does anybody know how to use it? Everytime there is a fire, I click on it and I get a message saying it can't be used because of the fire!?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    It is like a sprinkler system for the home. It needs to be in the same room as where the fire starts. I always put one in my kitchen. It auto-activates if a fires starts in the same room.
  • I stick mine on the outside of the house and the sprinklers start a little bit after the fire starts.
  • plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    I've read that if you put the panel on the outside of the house on a particular floor, then it'll activate sprinklers in every room on that floor as needed. So say if you have a 3-story house & put a panel on the second floor, the panel will activate when there's a fire anywhere on that floor, but not on the 1st or 3rd floor.

If you put a panel inside the house, it'll only activate in the room that it's contained in. So say, for example, if you had an open-layout living room/dining area/kitchen & your sim's stove catches on fire, sprinklers would come on in that whole area & not just in the kitchen part since it's technically all one room. However, if your sim kid's experiment with the bunsen burner went horribly wrong in their bedroom but the panel isn't in their room, then well...
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Don't know why it hasn't been working for me. I didn't know it has to be in the same room where the fire starts, but sometimes I've put it on the outside of the house and still nothing happens?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    Don't know why it hasn't been working for me. I didn't know it has to be in the same room where the fire starts, but sometimes I've put it on the outside of the house and still nothing happens?

It can be placed anywhere for the floor you want to use it on, I put it on the outside of the house. I believe you also need a fire alarm in the room with the fire to set off the sprinklers.
    edited February 2018
    It can be placed anywhere for the floor you want to use it on, I put it on the outside of the house. I believe you also need a fire alarm in the room with the fire to set off the sprinklers.

I always put a fire alarm in the kitchen and the utility panel somewhere else in or outside the house. Still I've never seen the sprinklers in action. Makes me wonder if it's a bug.
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    Mine has worked with putting the utility panel outside and a smoke alarm in the kitchen. The sprinklers went off automatically. This just happened in a house I had modified to add the sprinklers. I think the first time I saw the sprinklers in action was in the original Goth home.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I put mine outside as its ugly and the spinklers still work inside the house.
    For some reason mine seems to be working now. Had a fire and the sprinklers extinguished it, although they only started after the cooker and a counter were charred black.
    It appears to be a random thing in my game. Got another fire and had the alarm in the kitchen and the utility panel outside the house. Still the sprinklers didn't activate. I would say I've had like 5 or 6 fires so far and I've only seen them working once.
  • plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    That's really strange, I wonder if other people experience this? It sounds like a bug. I personally haven't had a fire yet & have no idea what'd happen to me if there was one.
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    You can put it outside the house, the sprinklers will be on a few seconds after the fire starts.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    You can put it outside the house, the sprinklers will be on a few seconds after the fire starts.

I know but, it doesn't always work for me.
  • simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    What are you guys doing to get all of these fires? I've had one fire since playing the game. I kind of want to go start a fire now, just to see the sprinklers in action.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2018

In the description for the panel it says there must be a ceiling for it to work. Are you certain you have a full ceiling in the room?I

Edit: spelling
    simoleanj wrote: »
    What are you guys doing to get all of these fires? I've had one fire since playing the game. I kind of want to go start a fire now, just to see the sprinklers in action.

You just need a cheap cooker and a sim with a low cooking skill, I think.

In the description for the panel it says there must be a ceiling for it to work. Are you certain you have a full ceiling in the room?I

Edit: spelling

I'm pretty certain of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top