Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we get a ‘Future Sims Titles’ subforum?

Rumours around the fifth Sims game are becoming more and more frequent and every thread I’ve seen regarding any future sims games either gets closed or moved to off topic, so it would be really cool if we could get a subforum where we can solely discuss and speculate about future sims titles. I assume there will be more games after TS4, so instead of people not knowing where to discuss and flooding TS4 Spec and Rumor with non-related TS5 threads, we could have our own little section of the forum to talk about it. Just a thought! :smile:

@SimGuruDrake @EA_Lanna @EA_Leeloo @EA_Mage

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Linking this thread as someone already had asked a question like this that EA_Mage had already made a comment about any rumor about future games.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933851/can-we-have-a-sims-5-forum-even-if-it-is-declared-as-non-committal-etc#latest
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Linking this thread as someone already had asked a question like this that EA_Mage had already made a comment about any rumor about future games.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933851/can-we-have-a-sims-5-forum-even-if-it-is-declared-as-non-committal-etc#latest

Thanks for linking, but I'm a bit unsatisfied with that answer, I wish they would just create a general Spec and Rumor forum, one not tied to just TS4, but for all Sims games. Oh well.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It would be good to have an area to discuss ideas for a future game rather than having post in the TS4 ideas section as some of the things I would like would not be possible in TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    As much as I'd like to see one of these, you know if this happened, it would send Simmers into a tailspin. I doubt anything will happen with getting a sub-forum until the time comes if and when they announce the next game.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to see one of these, you know if this happened, it would send Simmers into a tailspin. I doubt anything will happen with getting a sub-forum until the time comes if and when they announce the next game.

I agree with you. I don't think EA wants to add this section just yet as it would seem like that they're admitting to the fact that they're working on TS5 before making an official announcement. There will be some who will be swearing up and down that EA is working on the next installment of the game just because they've given this site a TS5 Rumors section. I believe that EA would wait until they actually announced the next installment to add a TS5 section. They didn't have a TS4 rumors section on the old TS3 site, so I don't think that they would put a TS5 rumors section here either.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    That's what the Ideas Corner forum is for.

Really though, it'd just be taken as proof of Sims 5 being in development if they did that.
    edited February 2018
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »

I agree with you. I don't think EA wants to add this section just yet as it would seem like that they're admitting to the fact that they're working on TS5 before making an official announcement. There will be some who will be swearing up and down that EA is working on the next installment of the game just because they've given this site a TS5 Rumors section. I believe that EA would wait until they actually announced the next installment to add a TS5 section. They didn't have a TS4 rumors section on the old TS3 site, so I don't think that they would put a TS5 rumors section here either.

There wasn't a Spec & Rumour section on TS3 forum either, yet now they have one here. I'm not really asking for a TS5 specific area, just somewhere to discus future Sims titles, separate from TS4 area and off topic area (where threads get buried very very quickly).

ETA: They could even put a disclaimer stickied to the top of the page saying it doesn't confirm there will be a TS5, it's just a place to speculate about Sims games that aren't 1,2,3,4, or mobile.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Thank you all for the feedback on this.

I am not ruling anything out when it comes to forums structure, but for now please keep topics on speculation about the future in The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor board.

EA_Mage wrote: »
    Thank you all for the feedback on this.

I am not ruling anything out when it comes to forums structure, but for now please keep topics on speculation about the future in The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor board.

Thanks for the reply! :)