Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S.O.S. (Sims On Survivor)/TS3 Interactive Reality Show/Finale Part Two/Winner Is Revealed

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Actually the prize money is one million monopoly dollars.

I'll be looking forward to all that Monopoly money.

Boardwalk and Park Place, YOU WILL BE MINE

You can have it. Just give me Red and Orange zones and then I'm fine. :)

Soon you shall be bankrupt and will be forced to turn over your properties to me.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Very scary. But that's only if you land on the tiles first. We might form an alliance against you, assuming we don't start sabotaging each others socks I think it'd stand a chance.

I call the train piece.

I be the car
    Banner.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Actually the prize money is one million monopoly dollars.

I'll be looking forward to all that Monopoly money.

Boardwalk and Park Place, YOU WILL BE MINE

You can have it. Just give me Red and Orange zones and then I'm fine. :)

Soon you shall be bankrupt and will be forced to turn over your properties to me.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Very scary. But that's only if you land on the tiles first. We might form an alliance against you, assuming we don't start sabotaging each others socks I think it'd stand a chance.

I call the train piece.

I be the car

I be the Tardis.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I guess I'll be the old boot.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    I guess I'll be the old boot.

The better to smell you with, my darling feathered friend.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    No one is gonna be the dog? That's good, it means Twiddle's boot is safe.
    Also a lot less hair.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    No one is gonna be the dog? That's good, it means Twiddle's boot is safe.
    Also a lot less hair.

Perhaps but feathers make me sneeze.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    And darn it all, you are making me want to play monopoly now. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    No House Rules though, Lo.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

But house rules are the best, Vul!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    House rules can be broken though... :p
  • Options
    What's free parking do? You get all the money that have been payed in tax since the last time someone landed there, right?
    unknown.png
  • Options
    It depends on the house rules. I mean, steal someone else's socks is fun but smelling someone else's socks wouldn't be fun.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I don't get it at all. They vote out the strong players, or the threats as they call it, and get all weepy when they lose a challenge.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your duck too!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Quick Update- I will be fine with just having ten people on this season. If nobody else signs up until Thursday or so, then we can begin the show.

However, I will prefer if at the very least, we have eleven people. Try asking all of your friends who played the Sims to try to join the show. The more people who signed up, the better I feel.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Going to bed soon.

If more than two people are interested in joining by the time I wake-up, then I can make more room for them to join the show
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I am creating my sim, unfortunately my idea with the fairy sim can't work because she is too much of a Plain Jane :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options

The most common are not though, they just make the game unneccessarily long. Like this one:
    What's free parking do? You get all the money that have been payed in tax since the last time someone landed there, right?

Pure junk. That rule just pumps more money into the game. The goal of the game is to make the other players bankrupt and throwing more money into the player's hands just delays the inevitable and makes the game a long, boring sit.

Some house rules can be interesting (I've read one about making it possible to travel by train if you land on a station (only to a station owned by the same player though)), but more because they give the game a new interesting mechanic instead of just bothering the game's progress.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    @x_MG_x What EPs, SPs and Worlds do you have?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    I just sent my sim to Vul so once they've made him in Sims 3 (Thank you again for that so so much :) ) Then my app will be completely complete :D
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    @x_MG_x What EPs, SPs and Worlds do you have?

He just went to bed, so it'll be awhile. However, the below is on the first page, if that helps.
    I have all expansion packs except for Showtime as well as the Movie Stuff Pack. If your sim has anything I don't have, expect it to be replaced by something else I do have.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

The most common are not though, they just make the game unneccessarily long. Like this one:

Pure junk. That rule just pumps more money into the game. The goal of the game is to make the other players bankrupt and throwing more money into the player's hands just delays the inevitable and makes the game a long, boring sit.

Some house rules can be interesting (I've read one about making it possible to travel by train if you land on a station (only to a station owned by the same player though)), but more because they give the game a new interesting mechanic instead of just bothering the game's progress.

But I like both of those house rules. And some versions have free parking in the rules.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options

I asked since I've played with that rule a couple times, but I don't know if that's a thing or now.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I read that Monopoly is supposed to be frustrating because it demonstrates an inherent flaw in unchecked capitalism (that is, when the free market devolves into a monopoly). And yeah, it's true that the point is to bankrupt the others by monopolizing the properties.

Of course, modern variants are designed to be fun, because kids don't really grasp microeconomics. :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

I asked since I've played with that rule a couple times, but I don't know if that's a thing or now.

According to the official rules, Free Parking is exactly what it says: free of anything. Nothing to buy, nothing to pay, nothing to get. Just nothing. :)
    Banner.png