Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition vs. Standard

Hey

So I thinking of getting the game for my Xbox One because I've never played a sims game on a console before so I think it might be interesting even though it's the same as the PC version it might be nice to sit on the couch instead.

So I know there are some content like the tiki bar and hats etc for the Deluxe Party Edition but I don't really care about that, I bought the Limited PC game version. Then I found out that there were a party type and I think some food items that came with the "nicer" version so I actually bought the upgrade for it.

I'm thinking of getting the Standard version again because I don't care about the objects but I don't want to miss out on gameplay (like a party type) because of that. I can't find any info that suggest it though so I guess there shouldn't be any, otherwise they would probably have advertise it like the objects. I just don't want to make the mistake of buying the Standard version and then find out there were a difference besides the objects (and that you get early access).

Do you guys perhaps know more than me?
Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Is there not a party exclusive to the deluxe edition? Is it the black and white bash is that not exclusive to it. May be wrong.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Is there not a party exclusive to the deluxe edition? Is it the black and white bash is that not exclusive to it. May be wrong.

I can't find any info in that for the console version. I'm pretty sure I didn't see any info on that for the PC version either until after they were released and people noticed differences but I might be wrong on that.

If the Deluxe Party Edition are supposed to be the PC equivalent then it should have the party as well but I can't find any info on that at all and if it does, why not just say it does?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017

I can't find any info in that for the console version. I'm pretty sure I didn't see any info on that for the PC version either until after they were released and people noticed differences but I might be wrong on that.

If the Deluxe Party Edition are supposed to be the PC equivalent then it should have the party as well but I can't find any info on that at all and if it does, why not just say it does?

There is a black and white party included in the dulux edition. Also the hamburger cake, light show, 2 other cakes one black and one white, the animal hates and tiki bar. Probably missed other things. I know there are a few outfits too.

Edit: I meant animal hats not animal hates lol.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

There is a black and white party included in the dulux edition. Also the hamburger cake, light show, 2 other cakes one black and one white, the animal hates and tiki bar. Probably missed other things. I know there are a few outfits too.

Edit: I meant animal hats not animal hates lol.

Okay, thanks!
  • iiTzJayxDiiTzJayxD Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey Guys! I’m ready to pre order the deluxe but i’m not sure who to pre order it from? Does anyone know who does the best deal?
    iiTzJayxD wrote: »
    Hey Guys! I’m ready to pre order the deluxe but i’m not sure who to pre order it from? Does anyone know who does the best deal?

Have you shopped around online? Check amazon, target ect. I bought mine via the PlayStation store but i know it was more expensive there then amzon which was the cheapest i could find it.
  • iiTzJayxDiiTzJayxD Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-16104039"][quote="iiTzJayxD;c-16104015"]Hey Guys! I’m ready to pre order the deluxe but i’m not sure who to pre order it from? Does anyone know who does the best deal?[/quote]

Have you shopped around online? Check amazon, target ect. I bought mine via the PlayStation store but i know it was more expensive there then amzon which was the cheapest i could find it.[/quote]

I think i’ll have a good look, not sure who do good prices but also deliver on time !

I was thinking of pre ordering it directly from the Playstation Store but i’m worried about storage!
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I'm just waiting for it to become available again on Amazon. I wasn't familiar with how preorders worked, and now it's unavailable. Just waiting for when it IS again.

Just sharing that. :p
    MrStrange wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for it to become available again on Amazon. I wasn't familiar with how preorders worked, and now it's unavailable. Just waiting for when it IS again.

Just sharing that. :p

Usually when it shows as currently unavailable on amazon that mean they have sold out which is good as it means the console version should sell well!
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Dose anybody know if these two versions can share the same saves? I currently have the standard version, and I want to buy another copy of the delete version, will I be able to use the saves from the standard version? Thx!
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Dose anybody know if these two versions can share the same saves? I currently have the standard version, and I want to buy another copy of the delete version, will I be able to use the saves from the standard version? Thx!

I don’t see why not. You may get a pop up telling you certain things aren’t owned by your account (all of the deluxe edition extras) which will be removed and replaced with base game things, but other than that there’s no difference between the two games or how to write or read save data.