Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• melliemel34544melliemel34544 Posts: 1 New Member
    Cant wait to play the sims 4. What am i waiting for you ask? Well, I need to either upgrade my ancient old desktop/ get a complete new one or get a laptop.. gaming or non gaming.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Cant wait to play the sims 4. What am i waiting for you ask? Well, I need to either upgrade my ancient old desktop/ get a complete new one or get a laptop.. gaming or non gaming.

Hello @melliemel34544 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

When you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and if would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    > @melliemel34544 said:
    > Cant wait to play the sims 4. What am i waiting for you ask? Well, I need to either upgrade my ancient old desktop/ get a complete new one or get a laptop.. gaming or non gaming.

I'm using a laptop it keeps up fairly better than expected, it has an Intel 1,70Ghz proccessor.
    Only problems encountered with it is that it gets very slow with 8 sim families in gigantic houses.
    However i am restricted to lower graphics.
    > @melliemel34544 said:
    > Cant wait to play the sims 4. What am i waiting for you ask? Well, I need to either upgrade my ancient old desktop/ get a complete new one or get a laptop.. gaming or non gaming.

I'm using a laptop it keeps up fairly better than expected, it has an Intel 1,70Ghz proccessor.
    Only problems encountered with it is that it gets very slow with 8 sim families in gigantic houses.
    However i am restricted to lower graphics.

Hello @Kenneth4484 :) Welcome to the forums! Happy simming! :)
  • The Secret SimmerThe Secret Simmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Ola! I have played The Sims for quite a while, just never got around to the forums bit of it I suppose- Now I am on my journey to becoming a member.. Whoo!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Hmm, My favorite expansion pack- that is super hard! I really enjoy seasons, university and supernatural. I find that university is really diverse and different, and gives sims a really good "backstory." As for seasons- it is so nice to see weather change over the course of a game and being able to do different things according to the season with sims , adding more to gameplay to the norm. With that- supernatural is just downright fun to shake up from the normal sims already in game, who doesn't like turning all of your neighborhood into frogs?
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Well- being able to do anything and everything! Its frank to say most of my sims are more successful then I probably will every be. I mean well its not everyday you own 100 cats in a mansion or go ridding the town of vegetarians.
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I don't often play with cheats- but I do know quite a few of them. The only time I play with cheats is if I am just messing around or if something is bugging out.
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Hmm... tips and tricks..Well, my major tip/trick is as cliche as it sounds, be free and have fun. Don't try to limit yourself to major storylines or restrictions that may stop you from playing to the fullest! Also always put an alarm in your house for burglars please, don't ask why- but RIP my expensive toilet.
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do own the Sims 4! Like the rest of the community, I don't hate it- nor love it. It is one of those things were it's just I feel like it had so much potential but because they took out features that were fan favorites in the sims 3 it kinda is just a bummer. Despite that- the plus side is that is more convenient to load up; and the graphics aren't half bad, yet it for sure needs its extra content to give it flavor.
    Ola! I have played The Sims for quite a while, just never got around to the forums bit of it I suppose- Now I am on my journey to becoming a member.. Whoo!

Hmm, My favorite expansion pack- that is super hard! I really enjoy seasons, university and supernatural. I find that university is really diverse and different, and gives sims a really good "backstory." As for seasons- it is so nice to see weather change over the course of a game and being able to do different things according to the season with sims , adding more to gameplay to the norm. With that- supernatural is just downright fun to shake up from the normal sims already in game, who doesn't like turning all of your neighborhood into frogs?
    Well- being able to do anything and everything! Its frank to say most of my sims are more successful then I probably will every be. I mean well its not everyday you own 100 cats in a mansion or go ridding the town of vegetarians.
    I don't often play with cheats- but I do know quite a few of them. The only time I play with cheats is if I am just messing around or if something is bugging out.
    Hmm... tips and tricks..Well, my major tip/trick is as cliche as it sounds, be free and have fun. Don't try to limit yourself to major storylines or restrictions that may stop you from playing to the fullest! Also always put an alarm in your house for burglars please, don't ask why- but RIP my expensive toilet.
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do own the Sims 4! Like the rest of the community, I don't hate it- nor love it. It is one of those things were it's just I feel like it had so much potential but because they took out features that were fan favorites in the sims 3 it kinda is just a bummer. Despite that- the plus side is that is more convenient to load up; and the graphics aren't half bad, yet it for sure needs its extra content to give it flavor.

Hello :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    Each of the three Sims 3 expansion packs that you like are great to have in our games! They add many special and great game features, activities, worlds, venues and build, buy and cas mode items to our game! The ever changing weather conditions and the effects of the season on gameplay and the world landscape is very nice and enjoyable in the game.
    I am sorry that burglars stole your expensive toilet!
    Happy simming! :)
  • SlavujSlavuj Posts: 2 New Member
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    'K, shoot!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    Currently my favorite SP is Fast Lane. I still don't have a favorite EP, but that's because I still haven't bought it yet. I'm working on that. I think my favorite SP would probably be Seasons, minus the aliens... no love for aliens, man. :smile:

Definitely the building part of the game. I just love the Sims 3 build & buy mode.

From time to time. For the most part I only use the ones that give my Sims money, like motherlode and that other cheat which gives funds to the family of your choice in the menu... I can't remember which one it is, I haven't been in the actual gameplay for quite a while now.

Sure, even thought I think mostly everyone here probably knows this one. I'm only sharing this one since I learned how to do it just recently.
    When you try to build the attic, first make a room on the floor you are trying to built it on, and then just manually add the half-gable roof (to whatever side of the building you wish to add it).
    Attach it to the wall of your linking. By tweaking the height of the roof you can make space for windows and doors to put on those side walls that come automatically with the roof. By adjusting the width or length of each roof, depending on how you look at it, and by tweaking the contact wall (those four walls that make up the room), you can even make fully functional attic by freeing more of open space.
    You can even make separate rooms in the attic by repeating the proces with this type of roof.
    NOTE: I don't know how it would work with other roof types since currently this is the only roof type that I use in creating my attics, and I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting from it.

I don't have the Sims 4.

Counter-question!
    Will people who download a lot which has a store item in it which they do not have themselves be able to see that item in that house and interact with it or not?
    Slavuj wrote: »
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    'K, shoot!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    Currently my favorite SP is Fast Lane. I still don't have a favorite EP, but that's because I still haven't bought it yet. I'm working on that. I think my favorite SP would probably be Seasons, minus the aliens... no love for aliens, man. :smile:

Definitely the building part of the game. I just love the Sims 3 build & buy mode.

From time to time. For the most part I only use the ones that give my Sims money, like motherlode and that other cheat which gives funds to the family of your choice in the menu... I can't remember which one it is, I haven't been in the actual gameplay for quite a while now.

Sure, even thought I think mostly everyone here probably knows this one. I'm only sharing this one since I learned how to do it just recently.
    When you try to build the attic, first make a room on the floor you are trying to built it on, and then just manually add the half-gable roof (to whatever side of the building you wish to add it).
    Attach it to the wall of your linking. By tweaking the height of the roof you can make space for windows and doors to put on those side walls that come automatically with the roof. By adjusting the width or length of each roof, depending on how you look at it, and by tweaking the contact wall (those four walls that make up the room), you can even make fully functional attic by freeing more of open space.
    You can even make separate rooms in the attic by repeating the proces with this type of roof.
    NOTE: I don't know how it would work with other roof types since currently this is the only roof type that I use in creating my attics, and I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting from it.

I don't have the Sims 4.

Counter-question!
    Will people who download a lot which has a store item in it which they do not have themselves be able to see that item in that house and interact with it or not?

Hello @Slavuj :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is very nice bringing our design ideas into sims gameform! It is a special and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game. Your tips about making the attic are very helpful :)
    If simmers download a lot which has store items that they don’t own, the items get replaced by other items that the downloader owns. The downloader will not see the original item as it will have been replaced by another item.

• SlavujSlavuj Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @Slavuj :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is very nice bringing our design ideas into sims gameform! It is a special and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game. Your tips about making the attic are very helpful :)
    > If simmers download a lot which has store items that they don’t own, the items get replaced by other items that the downloader owns. The downloader will not see the original item as it will have been replaced by another item.
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Hello @rosemow :)
    Thank you for a quick and insightful answer. Now I can get back into the game to continue building the house I started today. It's a pity that these items get lost if the downloader doesn't have them in their inventory. Well, I guess I can build some houses with store items in them and some without store items.
    Happy Simming!
    Slavuj wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @Slavuj :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is very nice bringing our design ideas into sims gameform! It is a special and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game. Your tips about making the attic are very helpful :)
    > If simmers download a lot which has store items that they don’t own, the items get replaced by other items that the downloader owns. The downloader will not see the original item as it will have been replaced by another item.
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Hello @rosemow :)
    Thank you for a quick and insightful answer. Now I can get back into the game to continue building the house I started today. It's a pity that these items get lost if the downloader doesn't have them in their inventory. Well, I guess I can build some houses with store items in them and some without store items.
    Happy Simming!

You’re welcome :) I hope that your work on the WIP house continues to go well.
  • RozliRozli Posts: 17 Member
    I had a quick question, I got 15 posts and 25 points and I still can't upload photos and link. When will I become a member?
    Not So Berry Legacy Challenge
    Rozli wrote: »
    I had a quick question, I got 15 posts and 25 points and I still can't upload photos and link. When will I become a member?

Hello @Rozli :) Congratulations on becoming a full member! Happy simming! :)
  • RozliRozli Posts: 17 Member
    <3<3 Thanks, @rosemow <3<3
    Not So Berry Legacy Challenge
  • mprosebrookmprosebrook Posts: 2 New Member
    i'm brand new to the forum but not new to the game - i've been playing since sims 1 was first released.

What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? -- island paradise is my favorite EP, because it added a lot of new gameplay and content not before seen in sims 1 and 2 and the environment was quite different and immersive as well

What is your favorite thing about the game? -- my favorite part of the game is building and furnishing!

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? -- i try not to for the most part, but move objects is something that i will definitely use often as a builder. money cheats are always handy if youre anything like me and play with just 1-2 sims at a time and don't want to play the entire game in 3x speed while they're at work all day lol

Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? -- yes, my favorite thing about sims 4 is the gallery and being able to share builds and such with other players. least favorite things (there are honestly a lot) so instead i'll say my main gripe is the release of expansions we have already seen before. i'd much rather we have had some of those features from the get-go so that i could see brand new content rather than pay for the same expansion (such as pets) 4 separate times. sims is a franchise with amazing potential and i think it really stunts the longterm growth of the game to do this. and i'd think as a developer you'd have plenty of ideas outside of what's already been done and that would just be frustrating on their part to create the same things over and over. its frustrating as a consumer and as someone who has played since sims 1 there is not nearly as much excitement now over new releases and announcements as when expansions and stuff packs weren't being repeated.
    i'm brand new to the forum but not new to the game - i've been playing since sims 1 was first released.

What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? -- island paradise is my favorite EP, because it added a lot of new gameplay and content not before seen in sims 1 and 2 and the environment was quite different and immersive as well

What is your favorite thing about the game? -- my favorite part of the game is building and furnishing!

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? -- i try not to for the most part, but move objects is something that i will definitely use often as a builder. money cheats are always handy if youre anything like me and play with just 1-2 sims at a time and don't want to play the entire game in 3x speed while they're at work all day lol

Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? -- yes, my favorite thing about sims 4 is the gallery and being able to share builds and such with other players. least favorite things (there are honestly a lot) so instead i'll say my main gripe is the release of expansions we have already seen before. i'd much rather we have had some of those features from the get-go so that i could see brand new content rather than pay for the same expansion (such as pets) 4 separate times. sims is a franchise with amazing potential and i think it really stunts the longterm growth of the game to do this. and i'd think as a developer you'd have plenty of ideas outside of what's already been done and that would just be frustrating on their part to create the same things over and over. its frustrating as a consumer and as someone who has played since sims 1 there is not nearly as much excitement now over new releases and announcements as when expansions and stuff packs weren't being repeated.

Hello @mprosebrook :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing many sims households over the time and enjoyed building and furnishing many types and styles of homes for them to enjoy living in or venues for them to visit.
    Building is a very enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! The moo cheat is very helpful when working on builds. We can creatively design and place items in new ways using the cheat! It is great that you share your creations through the Gallery. Simmers would enjoy downloading them and using them in their games.
  • LUVtaliaLUVtalia Posts: 25 Member
    Hello^^ I come to this board for artist haven’ forum and story forum.
    I’m new for this forum and new for Sims4 too. I’ve play sims2 never play sims4...and now I’m play sims4...it’s not very fun as sims2 but still great and I should waiting for more new game pack.
  • LUVtaliaLUVtalia Posts: 25 Member
    *I’ve never play sims3
    Sorry
    LUVtalia wrote: »
    Hello^^ I come to this board for artist haven’ forum and story forum.
    I’m new for this forum and new for Sims4 too. I’ve play sims2 never play sims4...and now I’m play sims4...it’s not very fun as sims2 but still great and I should waiting for more new game pack.

Hello @LUVtalia :) I have posted to you on the other threads but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
  • andrevivey92andrevivey92 Posts: 30 Member
    All I want is help with an issue that I am having. It is annoying that I have to go through all of this in order to post a simple question.

I am a veteran. I have been in the game for a LONG time--since I was 10...and I am 25 now. It's senseless that I have to go through all of this.
    TNhwLG.jpg

All I want is help with an issue that I am having. It is annoying that I have to go through all of this in order to post a simple question.

I am a veteran. I have been in the game for a LONG time--since I was 10...and I am 25 now. It's senseless that I have to go through all of this.

Hello @andrevivey92
    You have the required points, and just need 3 more posts and then you will be a full member. You nearly have the required 15 posts/25 points.
    > @rosemow said:
    > andrevivey92 wrote: »
    >
    > All I want is help with an issue that I am having. It is annoying that I have to go through all of this in order to post a simple question.
    >
    > I am a veteran. I have been in the game for a LONG time--since I was 10...and I am 25 now. It's senseless that I have to go through all of this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @andrevivey92
    > You have the required points, and just need 3 more posts and then you will be a full member. You nearly have the required 15 post@andrevivey92

Thank you, I am still a little frustrated though.
    TNhwLG.jpg

> @rosemow said:
    >
    > All I want is help with an issue that I am having. It is annoying that I have to go through all of this in order to post a simple question.
    >
    > I am a veteran. I have been in the game for a LONG time--since I was 10...and I am 25 now. It's senseless that I have to go through all of this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @andrevivey92
    > You have the required points, and just need 3 more posts and then you will be a full member. You nearly have the required 15 post@andrevivey92

You’re welcome. You have the required points and posts now. Try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that shows you as a full member
    rosemow wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @andrevivey92

You’re welcome. You have the required points and posts now. Try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that shows you as a full member

Yes thank you, that worked incredibly
    TNhwLG.jpg

• CerulleCerulle Posts: 27 Member
    Am working towards Member status so lets get started! :3

TS3 — World Adventures / Ambitions ; I know, I'm cheating but there are so many good EPs in TS3 I have such a hard time picking!! But it's definitely between those two for top EPs. WA cause I loved, loved, loved all the content and different worlds and having so much to explore. And Ambitions for all the new career options that made the game feel all the more interactive.

TS4 — Cats & Dogs ; Cause who doesn't love a bunch of floof balls?

TS3 — The whole generational thing. Family trees. Being able to see your household/family grow on and on and on and spread their spawn everywhere and eventually take over the town (Muhahahahhahahah!). On a more serious note, I just like being able to do almost anything and everything with the game. Want to have 100 babies? Totally possible in the Sims.

TS4 — Gets a special mention because I absolutely loved the new build/buy mode in this game. I've never been a great builder or anything, but building in TS4 is so easy and enjoyable that I find myself stuck in the build/buy mode for hours on end at times.

Depending on what I'm trying to achieve in that game save, then yeah, I do use cheats. Sometimes I want my sims to start of filthy poor, so I use cheats. Sometimes I want to have unlimited money for whatever far fetched reason so I cheat. And sometimes, I just want to have my sim be enemies while lovers at the same time so I use cheats. Cheats allow me to get more flexible gameplay. :)

4. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes. The build/buy mode is my favouite thing about the game and the gallery system. Along with the graphical upgrade from TS3.
    Least favourite would be the huge amount of loading screens/lack of open-world that TS3 had.
    koNiqwj.jpg