Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

if you have to replace the disk for ps4 will the installed dlc still work?

Just wondering about this as console games tend to get damaged quickly for me.
Or will I have to install and download everything?

Thank you.
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Thank you.
    It should still work if you are using the same account I don't think you have to worry if your disc is damaged and you have to replace it with losing DLC. But I don't know for sure. But I would personally think you don't have to worry. <3

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Thank you.
    It should still work if you are using the same account I don't think you have to worry if your disc is damaged and you have to replace it with losing DLC. But I don't know for sure. But I would personally think you don't have to worry. <3

Thanks

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Thank you.

I know on the Xboxone if I install an game from physical media, I have to put the disk in the drive everytime, it may be some kind of verification method ensuring you own the game and do not install the game on another person's console. Consoles works differently than the PC meaning you can buy it physically for the PC and you do not need the disc after that if you have to reinstall. Digital which is an nobrainer you do not need an physical disk.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited February 2018
    No its fine, ive done this before myself with a game. Its all installed to your console so the disk is only really used to verify that you own the game, hence why qfter a while the disk drive stops spinning. Using a different disk wont cause you to lose anything. It wont make a difference to anything.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No its fine, ive done this before myself with a game. Its all installed to your console so the disk is only really used to verify that you own the game, hence why qfter a while the disk drive stops spinning. Using a different disk wont cause you to lose anything. It wont make a difference to anything.

thank you.
    i did wonder about this, if a year down the line. I own all this packs. then the base game disk breaks :#