Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flower Additives, foul smell?

Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
I've been messing around with additives and my first I put in was cherries, which in turn caused my sims to become embarrassed about the foul smell of their clothing. but I have read that if you add flowers it will make the clothes smell good.... I've used so far, Daisy, Blue Bells, and Lillies and my sims still get the foul smell moodlet, and I've always made sure to remove additives before adding a new one or even washing the clothing....

I'm so confused, does anyone have an idea of which kind of flowers will make the clothes smell nice?
tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've used flowers with good moodlets and sometimes fine moodlets show up instead when they change but unfortunately can't remember which ones.. they are very nice quality though not sure if that matters though. Pretty sure I've used tulips and roses and probably lilies and bird of paradise. Are you sure the clothes were dry? Oh also I've only used them in the washtub so far. I've been avoiding using food that's labeled under flowers for now.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I've used roses and sage in the washtub (although not the machine) and gotten good results.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I've used bluebells and roses. All of the flowers should add a pleasant smell. Sounds like a bug (or possible mod conflict?)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've used roses and sage in the washtub (although not the machine) and gotten good results.

We're did you find roses?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

There are some in Willow Creek near the picnic area in the neighborhood the Pancakes live.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    At this point I usually wait until the romance festival (City Living) and collect the flowers there and graft them onto faster growing plants at the sims home. Roses are always there.
    egTcBMc.png

There are some in Willow Creek near the picnic area in the neighborhood the Pancakes live.

I was trying to remember where I found them originally and that may have been it - I've been passing them around from family to family for a couple of generations now. I want to say there's also some in the little garden in the maze at the Von Haunt estate but I'd have to double check to be sure.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    IIRC there are some in the community garden in the Goth's neighbourhood.

I've tried basil and orchids as flower additives and both have worked out well but I am not game enough to try some of the other options. (fireleaf as a flower additive? -yikes!)

It sounds like the OP's washing machine has become glitched. Anybody else had problems using flower additives after first using food additives in a machine? Maybe it's something that should be reported to EA.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    Thanks everyone for your replies, I have a feeling it might be a bug but so far the only flower that has worked for me after testing all of the flowers was Tulips, so now I have a nice little plant growing and to make sure everything was working properly I went one sim week without adding any Additives and just washed the clothes normally and its just Tulips that work for me haha. I haven't seen anyone else having this problem like I have with the additive lingering even after removal. But I will still report it to EA just in case.

Thank you again everyone ^^
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hi @Linnyxx17, you mentioned that you removed the additives... did you do that by cleaning the washing machine, or replacing the water in the wash tub? Doing those interactions should remove any foul or scented fragrances that would otherwise be applied to your laundry, and returns those washing objects to their default unscented states.

Otherwise, it'd be good to know if you're using any mods. It's hard to determine if there's an actual issue here, as yours is the only report I've seen of this behavior.

The science facility! I finally remembered.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2018
    Deleted.