Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims University ( a new world for uni by MySimsRealty)

MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I don't know if this has been posted before so sorry if I'm late to the news . Not exactly sure where to put this either .

I came back to sims 3 after a break. Breaks help me get reimmersed into the game . I was looking for new worlds and happened upon a university world made by MySimsRealty . I've used their worlds before and their lots . Always amazing .

I haven't tested this world too much yet but from what I see it looks amazing and different from the original university world . It is a nice change .

http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_SimMeapolis.html

NOTE
"University Version. This is an additional file of the world that has been modified to be a functional university you travel to. It will replace the EA university world. Installation instructions are included in the zip file. **YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ORIGINAL VERSION."
Happy Simming!♥
Post edited by MemoriiValentine on

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Looks amazing. Can you replace the ordinary campus by this one or..., how does that work?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Looks amazing. Can you replace the ordinary campus by this one or..., how does that work?

why yes you can! theres instructions on how to do so when you download the university version. " University Version. This is an additional file of the world that has been modified to be a functional university you travel to. It will replace the EA university world. Installation instructions are included in the zip file. **YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ORIGINAL VERSION."
    Happy Simming!♥
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited March 2017
    A different university would be nice (it's just not realistic that sims that live in the pacific, in the US, in Europe and in the carribeans all go to the same university) but I just don't find it the most beautiful world personally. It seems a bit basic, with the basic green SV-grass and all. Maybe I'm just to picky. A desert world university or a tropical world university would be more interesting as a university for sims that live in world like Isla Paradiso or Lucky Palms.
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    A different university would be nice (it's just not realistic that sims that live in the pacific, in the US, in Europe and in the carribeans all go to the same university) but I just don't find it the most beautiful world personally. It seems a bit basic, with the basic green SV-grass and all. Maybe I'm just to picky. A desert world university or a tropical world university would be more interesting as a university for sims that live in world like Isla Paradiso or Lucky Palms.

that sounds interesting as well. even if a tripocal university was small it would make sense
    Happy Simming!♥
    I really sounds great for variety (and I love how it looks like a real town). If you're going to play (my current sim is nearly graduating so it will be a really long time before I go there again), could you please share your experiences here?
    5JZ57S6.png
    I really sounds great for variety (and I love how it looks like a real town). If you're going to play (my current sim is nearly graduating so it will be a really long time before I go there again), could you please share your experiences here?

I will be sure to do so! Plan on going there again today or tomarrow with a new save
    Happy Simming!♥
    So I played a day in the university world. with my simself and my frien misty's simself(sisters in game though).

We had a rough start. We had to skill up and sell everything in the house to afford uni.
    Screenshot-4_zpsxkpn2y5y.jpg
    but when we arrive we moved into a nice apartment in a highrise near campus.It had easels , a treadmill, even golfing and a place to plant ! Even a grill!
    Screenshot-9_zpsvskfn4il.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsvym2qn34.jpg
    Screenshot-11_zpsvlhegkgy.jpg

Pictures out in the world I've taken this far
    Screenshot-6_zpsqt40x71x.jpg
    Screenshot-13_zpseifrgqpp.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zpsbjleqiag.jpg
    Happy Simming!♥
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Looks awesome! I'm thinking of trying this university out with my current game. Are there dorms? I've got 8 in the household who will be attending, and I'm planning on playing them mostly on free will, with parties every night. An apartment (or anything with elevators) wouldn't cut it.

I have a modified version of De Anda Hall I could use, but a CC dorm might be more interesting.

Also, did you populate the world at all, or does it come with sims already?
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Looks awesome! I'm thinking of trying this university out with my current game. Are there dorms? I've got 8 in the household who will be attending, and I'm planning on playing them mostly on free will, with parties every night. An apartment (or anything with elevators) wouldn't cut it.

I have a modified version of De Anda Hall I could use, but a CC dorm might be more interesting.

yes! theres 2 dorms next to the campus to use
    Happy Simming!♥
    It looks awesome. What I am wondering, does it have a real campus vibe? Or are the university buildings sort of dispersed through town?
    5JZ57S6.png
    It looks awesome. What I am wondering, does it have a real campus vibe? Or are the university buildings sort of dispersed through town?

theres a city side and a campus side. It was made that way incase you wanted to use it as a home town as well
    Happy Simming!♥
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

I'm interested in the answer to this too. :)

theres a city side and a campus side. It was made that way incase you wanted to use it as a home town as well
    Thanks, that feels very realistic.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @TreyNutz sorry I missed your last question. I believe it had to be populated . The whole week I was there ,no one showed up on online dating
    Happy Simming!♥
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Thanks for answering. :) I guess I'll try NRaas SP's Rapid Immigration when I get there and see what happens.
    Thanks for answering. :) I guess I'll try NRaas SP's Rapid Immigration when I get there and see what happens.

should work alright. I would try 10 families at first and see how that goes
    Happy Simming!♥
    I had an idea. of making a tropical university for anyone who might want one. Any thoughts?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    With dive lots and surfing and plenty of places to sunbathe and when are sims ever going to want to go to class?! :D But yes, that could be awesome!
    giphy.gif

• ChessMessChessMess Posts: 1 New Member
    The install instructions for this world do not cover those who play The Sims 3 through Origin, so here are some instructions for the Origin users on downloading and replacing this University world.

After you follow the link:

1. Download the original version. It downloads as a zipfile, so simply extract the world (SimPack) and download/install it the same way you would any CC, by placing the SimPack in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads. (Be sure to double click the SimPack itself so that Origin will be prompted to install it!)

2. Back-up the Sims 3 original University world somewhere safe, in case you need it in the future. I put mine in a desktop folder labeled Sims 3 JIC (just in case)

Here is where the original world is location if you use Origin. This is also where you will be placing the new, replacement University world.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP09\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

3. Go back to MySimReality and download the University version. Again, it will download as a zipfile, including both the world and install instructions for those not using Origin. Extract this world, and place it where the original was. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP09\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds)

Since this is an actual file and not a SimPack, you will not need to tell Origin to install it, as it will read it as an original world.

Hope this helps!
  • kaylajones1991kaylajones1991 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @ChessMess said:
    > The install instructions for this world do not cover those who play The Sims 3 through Origin, so here are some instructions for the Origin users on downloading and replacing this University world.
    >
    > After you follow the link:
    >
    > 1. Download the original version. It downloads as a zipfile, so simply extract the world (SimPack) and download/install it the same way you would any CC, by placing the SimPack in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads. (Be sure to double click the SimPack itself so that Origin will be prompted to install it!)
    >
    > 2. Back-up the Sims 3 original University world somewhere safe, in case you need it in the future. I put mine in a desktop folder labeled Sims 3 JIC (just in case)
    >
    > Here is where the original world is location if you use Origin. This is also where you will be placing the new, replacement University world.
    > C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP09\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
    >
    > 3. Go back to MySimReality and download the University version. Again, it will download as a zipfile, including both the world and install instructions for those not using Origin. Extract this world, and place it where the original was. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP09\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds)
    >
    > Since this is an actual file and not a SimPack, you will not need to tell Origin to install it, as it will read it as an original world.
    >
    > Hope this helps!

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. You are a life saver. I have been trying to figure this out and have been getting no where. I was about to give up before i found your comment.
  • mELANDREImELANDREI Posts: 1 New Member
    I followed the Instructions and opened the game and went to University. When University finished loading, the world got f up and it was glitchy. Need help. p.s. Still playing in 2021 lols