Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2018
    @marcel21

My teen prefers console games, but found the PC version of the this particular game more relaxing. Nothing is wrong with that. There are a couple games that were originally on PC that do not translate controls very well when brought to console. We own 2 consoles, 1 handheld, and 3 PC, so we always go for the most relaxing versions in all our games. Personally, I only played the console version for 45 minutes and found it was not what I prefer. I only usually play in 20 to 30 minute sessions via PC, leaving my game on pause between household chores (stay at home parent). The console does not work for that playstyle.

I see.
    fair enough.
    no theres nothing wrong with it. i just found it odd. some times playing a new game takes a little time to get use to.
    if she had given it more time she might have improved with the controls, but she could have just used the curser instead. its what a lot of us are using and it makes it easy to build and create sims.

I am playing resident evil 7 at the moment and only had it a month and I am still struggling with it.

It seems you are both more into playing the pc version. why people are even buying it if they love the pc one more I don't know as it mosly the same game.

unless you have no option due to computer issues I would say stick with the pc.

For me I stopped the pc version because i am spending more time playing ps4 games.
    i find the ps4 version very fun and relaxing and i play for hours at a time as it takes me at least an hour to create a sim and about 4 to build a fully furnished house.

and I pause it and go back to it just like i used to do with the pc version

so confused. it does work for that play style for me.

Anyway

I hope she as fun with the pc version. whitch at least is getting the best packs first
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    The only reason I bought the console version is because I don't have a computer that can handle the game right now. If that changes. When I get a good computer I will go back to playing Sims4 on PC.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @marcel21

Pausing a game to come back to later does not work for our console, because we only own one tv. So, it shares 2 consoles and a bluray player. I can keep my computer running and no one will touch it, but my kids and husband may want to use our tv. In my family, if you need to pause it, you just need to save and quit so the tv is free.
  • Options
    @marcel21

Pausing a game to come back to later does not work for our console, because we only own one tv. So, it shares 2 consoles and a bluray player. I can keep my computer running and no one will touch it, but my kids and husband may want to use our tv. In my family, if you need to pause it, you just need to save and quit so the tv is free.

I see your problem.
    Absolutely.
    It used to be like that in my family home.

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I haven't bought it and most likely will not. I just don't enjoy playing Sims on a console. Well except for Urbz :)

Kind of off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I was just looking at some screenshots though and I'm surprised at how bad the graphics look for a console game. I play a lot of games on my PS4 and the graphics are STUNNING and the screenshots show it. Do the graphics really look that bad in the S4 console or is it just the screenshots not doing the game justice? Because I'm actually shocked at how bad the screenshots that I saw looked.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    I haven't bought it and most likely will not. I just don't enjoy playing Sims on a console. Well except for Urbz :)

I was just looking at some screenshots though and I'm surprised at how bad the graphics look for a console game. I play a lot of games on my PS4 and the graphics are STUNNING and the screenshots show it. Do the graphics really look that bad in the S4 console or is it just the screenshots not doing the game justice? Because I'm actually shocked at how bad the screenshots that I saw looked.

strange.
    the game looks just the same as the pc game for me on PS4 PRO.

I know the past console games don't look great, but have yet to see the sims 4 looking bad on ps4 pro

• Options
    Pandasim2Pandasim2 Posts: 34 Member
    I was considering buying the console version but so far I haven't seen any videos or comments about it being any different than PC version. For instance better graphics, different gameplay or little extras (like Sims 2 Castaway where their hair grew or their clothes get worn out). Can anyone tell me if there is anything that makes it better than the PC version?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    Pandasim2 wrote: »
    I was considering buying the console version but so far I haven't seen any videos or comments about it being any different than PC version. For instance better graphics, different gameplay or little extras (like Sims 2 Castaway where their hair grew or their clothes get worn out). Can anyone tell me if there is anything that makes it better than the PC version?

It is exactly like the PC. I was programmed and supposed to be the same, unlike previous iterations that had console be their own game. That has even been stated in interviews with the gurus. They just needed a team that could localize the game from PC to console. There is nothing special or different.
  • Options
    plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    > @Pandasim2 said:
    > I was considering buying the console version but so far I haven't seen any videos or comments about it being any different than PC version. For instance better graphics, different gameplay or little extras (like Sims 2 Castaway where their hair grew or their clothes get worn out). Can anyone tell me if there is anything that makes it better than the PC version?

As far as I can see, nothing regarding the game itself is made better for the console. It's more about having the convenience of being able to experience the game on the console for those who prefer to sit on their bed or couch & play games, or if they don't have a computer that can handle the PC version. Aside from missing the gallery, PC mods, & some DLC packs, it can still be said that the game is a full port from the PC version.
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited February 2018

I guess maybe the screenshots were bad. The game is definitely at high settings, not ultra but high. It’s the exact same as my pc settings i had. I don’t notice a difference. We even have the lightings upgrade which has made the game even more enjoyable to look at. Guess whoever’s screen shots you saw wasn’t the best lol. I dunno.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Also i have to add i take many screen shots and they don’t do the game justice when i upload them. But on my tv it’s enjoyable. I love sitting on my couch having a good juice and playing the sims ;) I’m more immersed in the game playing on console than i ever was on pc. Where so i would play it for a while then put it down for months and then come back. Maybe it’s bescause i love the confort and the fact that I’m playing it on a big screen so i feel more involved. It’s the same as pc though, nothing more nothing less. And the fact i have Nostalgia sims 2 and urbz music (because it’s the best lol) playing on Spotify through the game. Lol

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Double post. -deleted-

• Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I must say that I've always played the game on PC, until now, and I prefer it a million times more. Don't think I'll ever go back to PC again.
    It is so much more enjoyable for me now. Much more relaxing.

Also, with the computer you get other problems (low specs, graphic card and such). You need a really expensive one to run the game smoothly. Now with the console, if there is an issue with gameplay, I know it's a bug and not my machine. They're likely to do something about it sooner or later (hopefully) because everyone playing the console will have the same problem.
  • Options
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I must say that I've always played the game on PC, until now, and I prefer it a million times more. Don't think I'll ever go back to PC again.
    It is so much more enjoyable for me now. Much more relaxing.

Also, with the computer you get other problems (low specs, graphic card and such). You need a really expensive one to run the game smoothly. Now with the console, if there is an issue with gameplay, I know it's a bug and not my machine. They're likely to do something about it sooner or later (hopefully) because everyone playing the console will have the same problem.
    I definitely agree. Don’t have to worry about updating a graphics card or anything like that. That’s one of the pros for console games they are catered to the system unlike pc where you have to update your own system to play. And it can get expensive.
  • Options
    Also the if anyone plays on the Xbox, there’s a club called the Sims 4 Community has about 4,000 or so members i think and that community is awesome. I love looking at everyone’s creations and post & tips. :)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

The textures are not as good on pc and their are some jaggies. Some games find ways to better hide those issues more then others. I see what your saying tho.