Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @HEW310 @rosemow @lsnishi - Thank Ya'll so much for the sims love :smiley: I definitely wanted to make Andrew have a stocky build and to make Maggie a fit beauty. Shout out to @Ainsleyf - I used your restaurant as the backdrop for my sim pics :smile:
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    QC challenge no: 58
    Origin ID: liel88
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Asphalt Abodes in Newcrest
    Gallery Name: Riverboat Romance
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E5DAA5EF09A711E88D2333263BC3CA0F
    Do you have Dine out pack?: Yes
    Notes about entry: I used the move objects cheat to put the canal boats in the water, and then elevated them a bit so they wont disappear in the water. However the bottom of the boats are intersecting with the water, i did this on purpose though, to make it look like the boats are actually moving through the water. I thought it would be a nice decorative touch.
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    sXs5ynm.jpeg
    0aszMTB.jpeg
    jOkKyOb.jpeg
    OvhTeoD.jpeg
    YIJumxc.jpeg
    FJyeM5k.jpeg
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @Cbear13 here is my very very pink entry, is inspired by toy castles :D Something cute that allowed me to play with romance ;) They are 4 different dinning rooms to adapt it to my style of play: one for humans, one for occults, a terrace and one for families or group of friends (sometimes families use the restaurant at my game and I do not want them to be split, but that room works to celebrate the wedding or the votes renovation, both available at the game).

Origin ID: osiazul
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rustic Residence at Windenburg
    Gallery Name: Happy Ending Restaurant
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4DE055B508F511E881F02EE48FE21983
    Do you have Dine out pack?: yes
    Notes about entry: I keep the fence open because this type of fence have a problem: tthe joints of the grid are not clean, you can see leaves through the wall (inside the room, like some plants where sticking), outside does not look clean, but I wanted that type of fence. It looks better open and I keep the problem out. Here is the picture (ignore the woohoo bush, lol):
    9E5omRA.png

mD2lxwn.png
    TxVaHgW.png
    YtLanDJ.png
    VNqi6UH.png
    2QI3COi.png
    tPVlUhW.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    The design and layout of Riverbost Romance looks so very nice! @liel88 :) It is very special and creative the way that that the restaurant is built over the water with the riverboats and candles in the canal! The brambles and flower petals look very nice on the walls of the venue. Very nice outdoors dining areas! It looks very nice how the 2 heart shaped dining chairs and red coloured tables have been set up for the sims to enjoy eating their meals in the outdoors air. The roses are a romantic touch on the tables, and the red candles look very nice. Very nice wedding ceremony area! The heart shaped chairs look very nice how they are placed for the wedding guests to enjoy watching the wedding. It is nice how the reception tables area has been designed, off from the wedding arch area. The views of the natural water, candles and fountains area whilst dining would be very nice! It is nice that the music stage area is on the edge of the water. Sims will enjoy listening to the music being played.
    It is a very special and very nice designed Valentines restaurant! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Wow, all these restaurants are absolutely fantastic, I love everyone's take on this theme. I'm in a Tuscany mode and couldn't resist creating an Italian restaurant for Valentines Day :)

Origin ID: Cevans1962
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rustic Residence in Windenburg
    Gallery Name: Ristorante Da Valentino
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0DEAE05809D311E881422EE48FE21983?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes about entry: A traditional Italian restaurant with romance in mind. Private tables for two, a bar area, stage for the band and dance floor for those intimate slow dances. There is a formal wedding room on the first floor as well as an office to sign the register. Ladies and Gents WCs are also on this floor. At the rear there are more tables for dining al fresco and a casual wedding area for those beautiful sunny days :)

More pics here

OD3g7sv.png

pxNwR5E.png

hkcmSAg.png

40huQD3.png

7xn2gdY.png

mvMilh8.png

uzE2H1V.jpg
    The castle exterior design of Happy Ending Restaurant looks so very fairy taleish! @emere :) The towers look very nice and the pink colour scheme looks very pretty! The flower box windows are a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! Very nice host and waiting room. The black and white chequered flooring gives a very nice look to the room. Nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to sit in front of the fire waiting for a dining table. The flowers on the round table and fireplace ledge look pretty. It looks very nice the way that the dining tables areas have been set up in the diferent areas for humans and for occults. The pink chairs and the gothic style chairs suit the types of dining . The pink wall pattern in the human dining area looks pretty! The red roses are romantic touches on the tables. The candles look very nice there. The black and white colour scheme of the occult dining area looks great! Very nice bar area! The drinks shelves are a nice touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to music through the wall speaker. Very nice design of the outdoors wedding corner nook! It looks very nice how the seats have been placed on each side of the arch. The water feature with the engagement ring is very special! It looks great!
    It is a very nice fairytale castle restaurant :)
    The Tuscan exterior design of Ristoranre Da Valentino is so very nice! @masajo ) Very nice roofing, and the exterior wall texture and greenery on the walls looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the areas of the interior of the restaurant ! The salmon pink, orange and green colour scheme of the venue areas looks very nice! I have posted about your home on your showcase thread but just posting again to say that it is a very special Italian style restaurant ! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Many thanks dear @rosemow for all your kind and wonderful words and support, you are a shining ray of happiness :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Origin ID: chips46
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Dusty Turf / Oasis Springs
    Gallery Name: Two Hearts Restaurant
    Gallery Link: Two Hearts Restaurant
    Do you have Dine out pack?: yes
    Notes about entry: Just been having some problems with the rounded fencing on both at the front they keep flicking its like if there's two fences into one I can't seem to fix it and I think thats about it
    SKr5pVj.pngm6sRr7N.pngqKFXUU7.pngFqOkJOP.png3lXu8lk.pngZFqT6Tu.png
    QC challenge no:58
    Origin ID: chips46
    Sims Gallery Name: Be My Valentine
    Gallery Link: Name: Be My Valentine
    Images (1-2 images):
    EWw2Ryq.jpgQ9YGtNw.png
    The exterior design and layout of Two Hearts restaurant looks very nice! @chips46 :) Very nice trellis covered front entrance area! The hearts over the entrance area and floral petals on the floor looks very pretty! The seat benches look nice on the sides of the area . The flowers in the front garden areas and on the wall, and the statues there looks very nice. The water fountains are very nice! The ceramic awnings over the windows look great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! It looks very nice how the white round dining tables and red chairs have been set up for the sims to enjoy eating meals there. The red roses are romantic touches on the tables. They will enjoy having food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain. The music platform stage is great! Sims will enjoy listening to the music whilst dining. The water fountain and swans feature in the corner nook looks very nice ! Very nice bar counter area! The wine glass pictures, bottles wall shelves , drinks bucket on the counter and the nectar racks either sides of the bar area look great! Sims will enjoy dancing on the floral petals dance floor! The design of the wedding area looks very pretty! The flower petals on the aisleway are very nice!
    Margaret is very pretty and Andew is very handsome! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Wow what gorgeous restaurants and soooo romantic, fantastic entries everyone
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited February 2018
    Wow, I agree with @Cbear13, there are so many gorgeous romantic restaurants! I have to agree with @emere, it's hard to do romantic so I tried to be creative.

For me, romantic restaurant brings images of an Italian restaurant, so here's Romanza Ristorante. The main dining room is in the showroom. There's a bar area with an area where guests can wait for their tables to be ready. Upstairs, there's a private party room with a dance floor and DJ booth; it's perfect for a private party like a bridal shower or engagement party. Outside there's wedding arch and an area for outdoor dining or an outdoor wedding reception.

Origin ID: lsnishi
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Asphalt Abodes in Newcrest
    Gallery Name: Romanza Ristorante
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9D7C7E770B5D11E886D34C4F02C5D395
    Notes about entry: Paintings in the showroom/main dining room downstairs were done by SimFairyPetra, Nat052970, Eevam and surfchiccreation. The rose petals on the stage intersect with the pink border on the floor. The Replica Rangoli overlap on the dance floor upstairs because I was trying to make a heart shape using three of the rangoli decals. Almost all of the decorations on the wedding cake sculpture in the back yard go into each other because I was trying to achieve the effect of frosting decorations so they could not look like they were separate items. There are floor lights under the wedding arch and trellis in the back yard to give more but unobtrustive light to that area. Hollyhocks are massed together around the sign in front and in The Folly of Lady Chloris. Perennials for Millennials has been pushed into the front of The Folly of Lady Chloris in the backyard to make it look like the floral arch is a part of the Folly. The Quetzal wall lights intersect each other and the top of the sign in front of the restaurant. Malva ground cover also goes under the sign in the front of the restaurant. Hedera Canariensis ground cover goes into the bottoms of the swan sculpture and the plants in the front "heart shaped" flower bed. I needed the ground cover to complete the bottom of the heart shape; there are also ground lights under some of the plants in the heart shaped flower bed. Finally, H.S. Trionic draperies intersect with the Royal Wedding Swags in the bar/waiting room.
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo):
    GIn0uOv.png
    Waiting area/bar:
    EJ9BIEP.png
    Main dining room/showroom:
    orGZ0OY.png
    Dance floor in the upstairs private party room (I was trying to make a heart with the decals):
    2AMXvEo.png
    Outdoor reception area with wedding cake sculpture:
    0KRW54D.png
    Wedding arch area:
    ZDmD0OI.png

Note: I had to reupload the lot because the gallery notes on the lot did not properly spell out SimFairyPetra's name when I credited her/him for the paintings I used.
    Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited February 2018
    The exterior design of Romanza Ristorante is very pretty! @lsnishi :) The awnings covered open shutter flower box windows are very nice in the build! Very pretty flowers and swans feature in the front area. The chef pigs either sides of the sign look cute! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! It is very nice that there is bar area in the waiting room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa having a drink from the in front of the fire as they wait for a table. The flowers and floral wall picture are very pretty there. Very nice design of the dining room! The raised music stage area looks great! The wall pictures, red patterned wall squares, pink patterned floor rug and floral petals on it looks so very nice! It looks very nice how the dining tables and heart shaped dining chairs are set up there. The red roses are romantic touches on the dining tables. Sims will enjoy listening to the music being played whilst dining. The heart shape of the patterned floor prints on the dance floor is a nice touch. Very nice design of the outdoors reception area! The white floor patterns, pink tables and white chairs and the candles on them look very romantic. The design of the wedding cake sculpture using the mannequins and heart teddies looks creatively great! Very pretty outdoors wedding area! The flower petals along the aisleway and the candles on the edges of it looks very nice.
    It is a very nice restaurant ! :)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Wow, so many Gorgeous entries, such creativity they are all so different and unique, so glad I am not a judge :)
    I think I may have to add one or two into my game, the level of creative detail I've seen this challenge is Awesome!
    there's sure to be lots of Maxis Fav's coming up!

Thank you for the lovely comments on mine, so far so good the laptop is behaving, so hoping to pop into sim land and actually play!
    @Cbear13 did you want an actual proposal picture for the sims at the Venue or have I made that up ?
    I'm going to play Marg & Andrew now, so will get a picture anyways :)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for the nice comments @rosemow!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Liziann1 glad the laptop is behaving its so frustrating when they aren't working right. The proposal pic is completely up to you :)
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    edited February 2018
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @Liziann1 glad the laptop is behaving its so frustrating when they aren't working right. The proposal pic is completely up to you :)

I spoke too Soon!
    it died on my 3 times while playing, think its time for more Ram or even a new graphics card . . . Ouch!
    my chaps looking at it on Saturday for me the game litrally just shuts down my pc, which then struggles to re boot, but it does reboot and I can get in the game and play for a bit again . . .
    However, Ive mangaged to load it this morning and finish a few tweaks on my build, as I wasnt happy with it when I looked at it in the gallery so decided to do something about it!
    It took the full 3 attempts, but I have re uploaded

@Cbear13 I have updated the link and 1st image in my original post.
    Skye Dining* ---> https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F714F3230BEF11E889AFB32801A8F5FC
    39232438595_7a8bf37e3d_h.jpg
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

I am sorry that you are having computer issues @Liziann1 :(
    You may like to start a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums, post yout dxdiag information, and simmers can try to assist you with your issues.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post bon the forums thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site.
    Thank you for the nice comments on my restaurant @rosemow
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    It's so fun to see what everyone creates, we all have different ideas of romantic places. Great restaurants everyone!
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    rosemow wrote: »
    You may like to start a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums, post yout dxdiag information, and simmers can try to assist you with your issues.
    Click OK

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post bon the forums thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site.

Aww thank you @rosemow I've trawelled the forums and so far checked my system 64bit, windows 10 and plenty of Ram,
    I've reset the graphics card and just doing a repair via origin, the dx report will be next if this fails, so thank you,
    your instructions are the easiest I've seen to follow so far!

aka DizziSquirrel

Liziann1 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Click OK

Aww thank you @rosemow I've trawelled the forums and so far checked my system 64bit, windows 10 and plenty of Ram,
    I've reset the graphics card and just doing a repair via origin, the dx report will be next if this fails, so thank you,
    your instructions are the easiest I've seen to follow so far!

You’re welcome :) I am sorry that you are having the computer issues,
    Ok, in case anyone else is having the crash issues with the game, Ive found a fix, in windows 10, disable the game dvr setting! it was that simple, Ive been in simland about 4 hours, with no issues! I have had to raise the keyboard to let the air flow, but its working really well, fingerscrossed for another play tomorrow :)

Good Night x
    aka DizziSquirrel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top