Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Notifications Not Working

13...Next

Comments

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Thank you rose!

We will look into it :)
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Hi! I am also having this problem where I won't get notifications on comments I have been mentioned in. Last notification I got was from December 2017 (even then I wasn't receiving ALL notifications) but I've been mentioned on several comments since then. I turned on the notifications for 'threads that people are participating in' and that works fine.

Thank you for looking into it @EA_Mage !
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    Now it appears like all my notifications are coming through. I'm seeing them from threads I used to get them from and had forgotten about. So I'd say my problem has been fixed. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

@EA_Mage
    I'm not getting most of the notifications for when I'm tagged in the modelling forum, but I am when I get tagged in other parts of the forum. Some of them are there if I go to my notifications thingy, but some aren't there, but I've been tagged in a thread.

It's getting kinda annoying, because I get no notification in group tags for modelling comps, so I'm always late to the party. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Thank you all for the extra info, this helps a lot :)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Just to report. I have been receiving a few notifications, but still missing several.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I've been missing some also. It's not an issue because I just check my bookmarks but just wanted to post in case it helps with finding a solution. For my giveaway thread in SimGuruGraham's corner I'll get one notification and when I go to the thread I'll see several new posts that I wasn't notified about. Same for the Happy Play thread. I rarely get notifications for that thread anymore.
    Hi @ehaught58 and @simgirl1010 ,

Thank you very much for letting me know.

We are still looking into this, but we have made some progress. Hopefully this will become rarer and rarer :smile:

Thanks,
    -Mage
    Hello again!
    I received a mention notification the other day! So I guess it is working again? Not sure if I received all mention notifications though.

However, now I noticed that when I receive likes/awesomes, I see the numbers increase, but the posts that were recently liked don't pop up at the top like they used to. I have to go through my comments page or the likes page to find the ones that were liked.
    Not sure if that's an issue or a change that was made in the website so I thought I'd mention that to you as well @EA_Mage !

Thank you! :)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that we are still working on this one.
    We believe we have tracked down the issue, but fixing this one may take some time.

I will let you know as soon as we have an ETA.

Thank you all for your patience!

-Mage
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Notifications have been off with me sometimes as well so looking forward to a fix :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Sorry to hear that @king_of_simcity7 .

We are still working on this one - as soon as I have more concrete info, I will let you all know.

-Mage
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @EA_Mage Thanks I notice it happens some of the time but not other times. I have had two notifications today which seemed to work but other times I will notice that someone has tagged me but not notification. I wonder if it is when the forums are buy. At the moment it is 11.59 GMT and the forums are usually quiet at this time and will be for another 5 or 6 hours
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have never received notifications when someone quotes/replies to me. At this point, idk if that’s normal behavior or what.

I receive notifications if someone @mentions me or if someone replies to a thread that I have created. But that’s it.
    @Chazzzy Notification for replies to your comments would come from the "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." preference setting (same for quotes), so unless you have this option ticked then this is intended behavior.

Keep in mind, this setting basically subscribes you to every discussion you take part in so use it with caution :smile: .

-Mage
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    @Chazzzy Notification for replies to your comments would come from the "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." preference setting (same for quotes), so unless you have this option ticked then this is intended behavior.

Keep in mind, this setting basically subscribes you to every discussion you take part in so use it with caution :smile: .

-Mage

Ah yea that’s the reason I disabled that lol
    Hello all,

This issue should now be resolved :smile:

Please keep an eye on your notifications and let me know if you still notice inconsistencies.

Thank you all for your patience while we worked on this!

-Mage
    Thanks EA_Mage. Must have been a big job!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    @EA_Mage Just want to report that everything has been working, so far. I will report back if I have any more issues. Thanks so much for your help, EA_Mage.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    Same here, back to finding 181 notifications this morning :o:D
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Thank you! Everything seems to be working again @EA_Mage o:)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Glad to hear that it's been working as intended for you all :smiley:

Do let me know should something go wonky again!

-Mage
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mage -I've ben getting notifications in both SeaMonkey and Firefox v39.I stopped updating it after that version which was the latest version to even work well for Windows 7.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg