Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hello Simmers, I'm excited. I came across an EA Origin gift card I completely forgot I had, and used it to purchase the Get Together expansion on sale right now. My <3 is happy! Okay, just thought I'd share.

Anyone have any favorite things from the GT expansion?

Clubs are overpowered. You can make anyone do a lot of things for you, like cook, repair, and clean. You can even make a painting club just to make them paint something and then sell their hard earned work for yourself.
    Hello Simmers, I'm excited. I came across an EA Origin gift card I completely forgot I had, and used it to purchase the Get Together expansion on sale right now. My <3 is happy! Okay, just thought I'd share.

i love hook up with. its probably not what you meant but when i first saw it i was like this is dum. then i actually used it.and it was so cool.

I love playing matchmaker with hook up interraction. Especially that MC Command Center usually pair them with whoever I told them to hook up.

@elifdapeton you've just described why GT is my favourite expansion pack. Love making sims do things for my sims AND I love playing matchmaker! XD
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Clubs are overpowered. You can make anyone do a lot of things for you, like cook, repair, and clean. You can even make a painting club just to make them paint something and then sell their hard earned work for yourself.

i love hook up with. its probably not what you meant but when i first saw it i was like this is dum. then i actually used it.and it was so cool.

I love playing matchmaker with hook up interraction. Especially that MC Command Center usually pair them with whoever I told them to hook up.

@elifdapeton you've just described why GT is my favourite expansion pack. Love making sims do things for my sims AND I love playing matchmaker! XD

my sims lovethe closets.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Question: What is one thing about your story that you hope no one picks on when they're commenting?

Mine would be the terrible excuse a relationship wouldn't work between Claude and another character. (Yes, people picked on that and it was frustrating for me as I was hoping people would just ignore it... :# ) The other would be to do with the latest chapter and a certain detail. :#

i don't have this problem. but you actually have to write and now i think monday or late tuesday looks good for that my eyes won't open.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I just started a new story this afternoon! It's a short one--I anticipate it won't be longer than 6-10 chapters, and it's part of my Bonus Shorts collection.

Here's the first chapter!

It features a Sim, a dog, and a cat I created in CAS plus a funny game-generated Sim and his game-generated dog, who love to dress up in silly costumes!

(Seriously, I kept trying to get the dog to change out of its sharkfin outfit, and it kept spinning back into it! OK! I'll go with it!)

wait you just started a new story a month ago what are you trying to do form the sissy story of the month club?

sissy is what i call cathtea

Ha! This is a short one--it'll be done in a month or two, and it's just kind of a fill-in while my longer ones are steeping! :)

i learned a long time ago the sissy idea train runs at all time s it stops 3 places storybrooke inspiraration town and idea junction. and you know what they say about moving trains . you can't stop them.

LOL! This cracks me up! :D

I just started a new story this afternoon! It's a short one--I anticipate it won't be longer than 6-10 chapters, and it's part of my Bonus Shorts collection.

It features a Sim, a dog, and a cat I created in CAS plus a funny game-generated Sim and his game-generated dog, who love to dress up in silly costumes!

(Seriously, I kept trying to get the dog to change out of its sharkfin outfit, and it kept spinning back into it! OK! I'll go with it!)

wait you just started a new story a month ago what are you trying to do form the sissy story of the month club?

Ha! This is a short one--it'll be done in a month or two, and it's just kind of a fill-in while my longer ones are steeping! :)

steeping is a tea word isn't it?

my eyes are closed so i can't look it up.

Yes... steeping's what you do to tea! :)

What's coffee? I've been using brewing, but it seems weird because brew is what you do to make beer... and to make coffee, I just pour hot water through the cone filter, filled with ground coffee beans... doesn't seem like "brew..."
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    2n5YPQF.gif

Been sick past couple days. Slowly starting to feel better. Been enjoying reading SimLit in the meantime.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited February 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Isobel Facilier is darn scary-looking
    Pm4FXdv.png

Ummm.... is this a horror movie? Daughter of the Devil?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    2n5YPQF.gif

Been sick past couple days. Slowly starting to feel better. Been enjoying reading SimLit in the meantime.

@LegacySims2017 Hope you feel better soon. :( Not fun being sick.

OH, yay! It's so fun! It's the one with Windenburg, right? If so, Windenburg is AWESOME! It's the best.

Clubs can be useful in ISBIs, if you set things like skilling or homework for the activities.

I've also seen people use clubs for finding friends or lovers. That's cool!

I really adore the Windenburg premades, too, especially Jacques Villareal. (And Hugo and, especially, Lucas! I've actually got a Lucas fanclub in my mind because he's so awesome in my Dogacy! :) )

But mostly it's just Windenburg, which is so big, so beautiful, and has so many lovely outdoor spaces! Almost gives a TS3 feel, since the neighborhoods are HUGE, so the Sims can take big long walks! :)

@LegacySims2017 Hope you feel better very soon!

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I love windenberg , but honestly I haven't gotten to much into the get together expansion yet because I haven't had it for very long. The entire game is a new thing for me to be honest xD I'm still learning things from just the base game! So I guess my favorite thing is more and more new things to learn
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Sending my get well wishes to you!!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy timezones all! :blush:

I've just spent the whole afternoon designing a new character for Ironbound, finding the cc I wanted her to wear, making slight tuning alterations in Sims 4 Studio so that they would actually appear together and I gotta say... I'm happy with the results.

It's not really a spoiler, but I'll chuck it behind a spoiler tag anyway in case anyone that wants to wait for her to appear in the story, they can.
    02-04-18_7-03-43c2a0pm.png
    02-04-18_7-06-34c2a0pm.png
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    @LegacySims2017 Hope you feel better very soon!

since my eyes keep shutting i'll borrow this this. little sister borrow from big sisters.

i learned a long time ago the sissy idea train runs at all time s it stops 3 places storybrooke inspiraration town and idea junction. and you know what they say about moving trains . you can't stop them.

What's coffee? I've been using brewing, but it seems weird because brew is what you do to make beer... and to make coffee, I just pour hot water through the cone filter, filled with ground coffee beans... doesn't seem like "brew..."

i think its called brew because it mixes together.
    edited February 2018
    Hey guys, I just finished painting @PurplishSimEater 's Joaquin and Brittany from the Fitzgerald Family Fables.

You can check them out here on my art blog. :)

Otherwise, the image is in the spoiler.
    purplishsimeater-sims.jpeg?w=377&h=531

Painting's so fun!!! XD Although, this one did take me a while. Sorry PurplishSimEater.
    Post edited by simscognito on

and sometimes idea junction and inspiration town and storybrooke over lap.

storybrooke in this case is where cathtes stories. notice its plural more than one are crated. we needed inspiration town because everything inspires her. and idea junction is sometimes i come home and find out 1 2 or all 3 collided. but i always jump on the train anyway/

I've just spent the whole afternoon designing a new character for Ironbound, finding the cc I wanted her to wear, making slight tuning alterations in Sims 4 Studio so that they would actually appear together and I gotta say... I'm happy with the results.

It's not really a spoiler, but I'll chuck it behind a spoiler tag anyway in case anyone that wants to wait for her to appear in the story, they can.

Oh wow! She's really pretty @Munterbacon , but very dramatic!

Thanks! I'm glad that I was able to get the wings to appear with her armour. Just had to change it from Gloves to Earring category in S4S!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    Hey guys, just realised that this is Sunday, and according to what it says in The Writers Lounge info, this is Sim Crush Sunday. So, I thought I might ask this question:

Which sims from any simLit do you think are particularly 'good-looking?'
    For me, I think Rye from @Bugsie2016's Burton Legacy is really good looking and, of course, Giotto from WAWRMO. XD
    I also think Marshall's really cute from @IchigoUsagi's The Illusion of Light - Sullivan's a cutie too, mind you.
    And Harper from @CitizenErased14 's Ashes to Ashes. She really has got the best of her parent's genes, although maybe not their personality. XD
    @Munterbacon's Sheila from Ironbound is rather striking. I love her read hair against her bluish pale skin tone and OMG her red eyes!!
    And, of course, Paris from Friends of Foes - so adorable. :D

Anyway, enough from me, because I think I could go on and on... :D
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Pm4FXdv.png

Oh my! He looks like he should be in a horror film as the murderous toddler!

she..not he.. and no one suspects the toddler OR the girl.
    @MadameLee Oops sorry. Nope... she didn't steal the cookies from the cookie jar. o:)

no you made bugsie do it.

What? I made Bugsie steal the cookies from the cookie jar? Maybe... I mean, if I want to be a proper evil genius, I do need a giant stash of cookies.

shes easier to pick on when shes asleep.

Remember what happened last time you said Bugsie was asleep, she ended up not being asleep.

that was at 10 my time .its only 8 :)

Okay, so we should be safe... Quick, steal Bugsie's cookies *Runs to the stash*

Give those cookies back!!

Thanks! I'm glad that I was able to get the wings to appear with her armour. Just had to change it from Gloves to Earring category in S4S!

@Munterbacon wow, that does sound fiddly. Very excited to see her in there. I wonder what her role will be?
    edited February 2018
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Pm4FXdv.png

Oh my! He looks like he should be in a horror film as the murderous toddler!

she..not he.. and no one suspects the toddler OR the girl.
    @MadameLee Oops sorry. Nope... she didn't steal the cookies from the cookie jar. o:)

no you made bugsie do it.

What? I made Bugsie steal the cookies from the cookie jar? Maybe... I mean, if I want to be a proper evil genius, I do need a giant stash of cookies.

shes easier to pick on when shes asleep.

Remember what happened last time you said Bugsie was asleep, she ended up not being asleep.

that was at 10 my time .its only 8 :)

Okay, so we should be safe... Quick, steal Bugsie's cookies *Runs to the stash*

Give those cookies back!!

@Bugsie2016 What cookies? *stomach gurgles* >:)
    @simscognito Awww! Thanks for the Shaela love! :blush: She's my baby and loves all the attention!

My votes would go to:

Sofia from @AudreyFld 's New Beginnings. I actually dropped my jaw when she was introduced as a YA in her story. :o:love:

The entire Day family in @pammiechick 's Day & Knight, but if I HAD to choose just one sim, it would have to be Jackson - he was just... wow! :triumph:

@CitizenErased14 had a lot of great looking sims that would easily fit into this category, but again, if I had to choose one, it would have to be Clara. I just adored her character and her purple hair... :love::love::love:

And I gotta say, Paris certainly has the PHROAR factor going on. Adding to the list for sure!

And a little gem for folks that like super heroes, is @swcheppes Super Dating. Can't possibly name just one.

dustshaela.jpg
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hey guys, just realised that this is Sunday, and according to what it says in The Writers Lounge info, this is Sim Crush Sunday. So, I thought I might ask this question:

For me, I think Rye from @Bugsie2016's Burton Legacy is really good looking and, of course, Giotto from WAWRMO. XD
    I also think Marshall's really cute from @IchigoUsagi's The Illusion of Light - Sullivan's a cutie too, mind you.
    And Harper from @CitizenErased14 's Ashes to Ashes. She really has got the best of her parent's genes, although maybe not their personality. XD
    @Munterbacon's Sheila from Ironbound is rather striking. I love her read hair against her bluish pale skin tone and OMG her red eyes!!
    And, of course, Paris from Friends of Foes - so adorable. :D

Anyway, enough from me, because I think I could go on and on... :D

You mentioned Harper, but I thought her mother, Hope, was the most beautiful sim I have ever seen xD

I am 200% behind you on Giotto from WAWRMO. I can't think straight when he looks at the camera.

And of course, Talula... Talula is a human torch. Never have I seen a woman look so interestingly hot.

I could go on too but I might get overheated so Imma stop here xD
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Thanks for the Rye & Giotto love! Excluding my characters....

I agree with @Munterbacon on @pammiechick 's Jackson and @chalicen on Hope.
    Ophelia from @LadyLobster 's From fangs to fae dreams.
    @simscognito 's Henry.
    @Karilan 's Cameron Grace.
    I have to pick two from one person here but Emily & Charlotte from @mypalsim1 's Chain Reaction (not just 'cause they're my two favourite characters either)

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't include one character of mine but probably Melete from PTLT. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top