Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the Art Appraiser work in the Criminal Hideout?

I have my first rebel Sim majoring in Fine Arts, and I'm a bit disappointed that the Art Appraiser works in the Criminal Hideout and not in the business&journalism rabbit hole. I get that the forgerer is a criminal and therefor should work in the Criminal Hideout, but I wish it was possible for the other branch, or just the whole career, to be in the business&journalism rabbit hole!

Is it possible to move the career to the business&journalism rabbit hole?

I am a budding curator and a art history student and would love to work as an art appraiser in RL... and I'm not a criminal :!:

I know it's just a game :)

Comments

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you by chance playing in Moonlight Falls? If you are, I believe that the criminal hideout shares its rabbithole with the theater. I'm also playing in that town and I guess I just assumed that my Art Appraiser sim was actually working in the theater.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited March 2013
    I know.. the forgery path makes sense but the other one doesn't, I wish it could have been in the theater or the business office.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you by chance playing in Moonlight Falls? If you are, I believe that the criminal hideout shares its rabbithole with the theater. I'm also playing in that town and I guess I just assumed that my Art Appraiser sim was actually working in the theater.

Thank you!
    I'm going to use the theatre from Moonlight Falls in all my world's if this is the case!, but I still wish it was in the business&journalism rabbit hole.
    edited March 2013
    Anyone know if it's possible to move the Art Appraiser career to the business&journalism rabbit hole?
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Krisha880 wrote:
    Anyone know if it's possible to move the Art Appraiser career to the business&journalism rabbit hole?

you can't move the career to a different rabbithole .

and the video game designer is at the business rabbithole
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I always use the Moonlight Falls criminal hideout. It is mostly the same size as Sunset Valley's and I replace it and I have an open lot where the criminal building was. It is funny because at the back of the rabbithole, there is a big gambling poster like they are doing illegal gambling at the back of the theater.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited March 2013
    Krisha880 wrote:

Not without a mod, and I couldn't even point you toward a mod that does allow this, since I do not know of one specifically. I would assume that it could be done through a mod, though, or with a custom rabbithole. Somebody more knowledgeable than me on this topic would probably be able to answer more thoroughly.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • mizzcasualmizzcasual Posts: 45 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It's in the criminal hideout in Sunset Valley too.
    I thought it'd be in the museum or business or theatre area at first.
    I'm guessing it's in the criminal place because they're supposed to be rebels.
    edited March 2013
    Thank you all, you guys!
    I guess I have to settle for the theatre from 🐸🐸🐸🐸 - it's much better than the Abandoned Warehouse!

I think that science and technology should be grouped together in a rabbit hole and that the video game designer should work there instead of in the business&journalism rabbit hole. It would even make sense for both branches of the art appraiser career to be in the business&journalism rabbit hole, because art forgery is a white-collar crime.

Oh well :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2013
    feels wrong it is in the criminal rabithole... even the crimanl branch of it would try to look not criminal and have an office...

maybe you could use MV's rabithole? or build an office around LL's if you have thouse Towns and don't want to use the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 one.......
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • inochikageinochikage Posts: 19 Member
    I am INCREDIBLY late to the party but the reason it's at the criminal hideout is this:

Art is worth whatever an appraiser says it's worth. Doesn't matter how expensive the paint or canvas is, whether or not it's part of a collection, or how much time went into it, it's competely up to an appraiser to say what it is. Because art is so objective, wildly different numbers are kind of expected

Which makes it an easy front.

Organized crime is known for hiring fairly talented artists to make art which they turn around and sell for a HUGE markup, but the buyer isn't interested in the art, the buyer is really paying the big pricetag because they're actually buying something else (drugs, weapons, ect). When doing taxes, it's a lot harder to say something illegal is going on when looking at a bunch of art sales than when money is just moving back and forth with no receipts or product to show for it.

Your sim's job is to fake high numbers so you can cover a high profile criminal's less-than-legal purchases
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top