Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boarding School Issue - Sims3

My issue now is one of my Sim children turned into a teen while @ boarding school instead of coming home. I tried Nrass Reset Everything in Town using Master Controler and all the kids came home but not the teen and when I call on the phone to remove him I get a Script Error and nothing happens except to my adult Sims as they jump back and all their stats go down. The game will not allow me to remove my teen from boarding school. I DID save yes right before I sent them and I'll go back to that game now knowing heh not to send any kids until I want to in there teen years. I explore a lot when it comes to Sims not sure what the issue is and will try to use Nrass again to bring him back but he just might be stuck there. I'm going to assume this is another EA Horror glitch and one day they will fix it. I have sent my kids to boarding school before as teens and didn't have any issues until now. And I do not want my teen stuck there throughout all his teen years I only want him to go to say he went and get his special talent. He's Maxed on Skills and Homework already.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi there. Some have had success with evicting the household from within Edit Town, copying the unoccupied residential lot down to the bin, bulldozing the original, replacing it with a copy, and moving the household back in without having left the Edit Town screen. Personally, my choice is to not use boarding schools due the potential (no matter what the probability) of something like this happening. It's good that you have a safe saved game to revert to should you need it.

Marybasque wrote: »
    I'm going to assume this is another EA Horror glitch and one day they will fix it.
    That team "left the building" over four years ago. There is no TS3 development from EA and from all accounts, there never really is going to be I'm afraid.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MarybasqueMarybasque Posts: 37 Member
    Ohhh wow, tyvm igazor! Taking your advice I went into Edit Town, Tried Evicted the family just the family, not the home and it's stuck on Processing and has been processing for a half an hour now o.O ;( I have gone into Edit town many times before in this saved game with no issues until now! ;( Since our son aged up @ the boarding school it's no biggy in saving this played game now and we only wanted them to go so they could say they went. If you go to the Boarding School of Peace and Love you get something special and can flash the peace sign. Any mod for this? Is there a mod to say they went when they didn't lol? I would have stopped playing years ago if there were no mods and modders fixing this.
    So, that team "left the building" and there's nothing we can do here? No loophole or way to force them legally to get a new team going? I love my Sims and have since The Complete Collection! I do not like what EA has done to Sims. I assumed if I waited long enough they would get on this and fix these many still existing glitches. ;( Thx for all your help igazor but I'm stuck here in Processing in Edit Town and have been now for almost an hour which tells me something is seriously wrong beyond repair. YES! Always save under different names even when traveling I've learned the hard way!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    NRaas MasterController can be used to change a sim's alma mater. The MC Cheats add-on module is also required. While we're at it, you might also try MC Resetting the household again but with Overwatch and ErrorTrap in place (if you didn't already have these) to see if that brings the missing sim back. But that game save might be too corrupt to continue with as you already suspect.

Not entirely sure what you mean by "The Complete Collection," there is no legitimate formal collection of TS3 by that name. But perhaps you meant simply that you have all Expansion/Stuff Packs or you were referring to a different game version.

No, there is no way to force a software company to put a product, even a currently being sold one, back into development. TS3, much like its predecessors, is what it is. The last meaningful, game file changing patch that was released was 1.66 back in Jan 2014. The 1.67 patch that soon followed was a trivial single-item fix, and 1.69 that came out in Nov 2015 only concerned itself with the Origin tie-in (it is not a mandatory update for those who don't want it unless they are reinstalling from Origin digital and it doesn't exist for those on the Steam or Mac versions of the game).

TS3 never was a perfect game but many of us still love it in spite of its quirks and flaws.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MarybasqueMarybasque Posts: 37 Member
    Hi igazor and ty I do have Overwatch and ErrorTrap installed I couldn't play without them. I think it's just corrupted. The Complete Collection is Sims first game I played before Sims2 came out and it had no glitches.... The Sims Complete Collection http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_Complete_Collection#The_Sims:_Complete_Collection

I love my Sims but not EA because no one wants to buy and own a broken game. I hope something more can be done. Ty for help.