Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    chalicen wrote: »
    OMG @chalicen we have the exact opposite reactions to the characters. :o Poor @IchigoUsagi won't know what to think. :D
    I do sneakily hope you're not right about Marshall, or I'll be crying, but I see what you mean, although, I didn't really see him as 'too nice,' but more calculating. However, I didn't really see the calculating part of him as such a big deal, but maybe I was just reading him through rose coloured spectacles as @IchigoUsagi knows I do. :D

Lol too true xD I think I only see that calculating bit of him out of the corner of my eye, almost subconsciously, so I think 'what a nice guy' while my subconsciousness yells 'WARNING!! HE'S GONNA BETRAY THE WORLD!!' Aw Sullivan, it'd be so plum for the guy if Marshall betrays him I know, but I'm a horrible person like that and I like seeing characters emerge from misery hardened xD

Hmmm.... you see I'm more worried about Acacia and how she'll ruin the Mullivan relationship... but maybe @IchigoUsagi might create a twist. Oh dear, I hope we're not giving her any ideas.... :(

Well if this is any consolation, I doubt she would ruin it... It's leverage, after all xD But who knows?? Like I said that girl's scary!

She's unpredictable which is what's unsettling... yes, it's leverage, but as soon as he is of no use to her, who knows what she will do?
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    OMG @chalicen we have the exact opposite reactions to the characters. :o Poor @IchigoUsagi won't know what to think. :D
    I do sneakily hope you're not right about Marshall, or I'll be crying, but I see what you mean, although, I didn't really see him as 'too nice,' but more calculating. However, I didn't really see the calculating part of him as such a big deal, but maybe I was just reading him through rose coloured spectacles as @IchigoUsagi knows I do. :D

Lol too true xD I think I only see that calculating bit of him out of the corner of my eye, almost subconsciously, so I think 'what a nice guy' while my subconsciousness yells 'WARNING!! HE'S GONNA BETRAY THE WORLD!!' Aw Sullivan, it'd be so plum for the guy if Marshall betrays him I know, but I'm a horrible person like that and I like seeing characters emerge from misery hardened xD

Hmmm.... you see I'm more worried about Acacia and how she'll ruin the Mullivan relationship... but maybe @IchigoUsagi might create a twist. Oh dear, I hope we're not giving her any ideas.... :(

Well if this is any consolation, I doubt she would ruin it... It's leverage, after all xD But who knows?? Like I said that girl's scary!

She's unpredictable which is what's unsettling... yes, it's leverage, but as soon as he is of no use to her, who knows what she will do?

Fair enough. 'Unsettling' really is the best way to describe her. Yeah... who knows what manipulative people think... :/ Let's just hope it doesn't come to that :D
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

*Furiously taking notes* What? I would never. Nope, no ideas here! o:)

No @IchigoUsagi ! @chalicen look what you've done? If Good Ship Mullivan sinks, I'm blaming you.

No @IchigoUsagi ! @chalicen look what you've done? If Good Ship Mullivan sinks, I'm blaming you.

That's right Marshall!! Betray him!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

That's right Marshall!! Betray him!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Marshall don't listen!!!! Remember who you are!!! The loyal first mate of the Good Ship Mullivan! Resist the siren @chalicen !!!
    Chapter Seven: Death Parade is up! @chalicen 's story reminded me that grim reapers exist, so now there's a grim reaper.

(That's not him in the picture, though.)
    02-02-18-5-26-29-pm_orig.png
    Also, because we're still focusing on TIOL this week, I thought I should come up with some more questions. :)

Who's your favorite character?

Who's your least favorite?

Which character are you most curious about?

Which aspect of the plot are you most curious about?

Finally, are there any points in the story that feel unclear/confusing?

Marshall. He is soooooooo, well besides from handsome, interesting and calculating, but I don't see him as necessarily a bad character, although I thought it interesting when we looked at his point of view that he talked about how Sullivan behaved towards him, but he never stated that he felt anything in return. This was also the chapter in contrast to Sullivan's declaration of love to his little sister. So we really have no idea if Marshall actually loves him back. Hopefully he does. <3

Acacia. She's so smug and annoying and evil and she's a giant spiky iceberg in the way of the Good Ship Mullivan.

Marshall for the same reasons as he is my fav.

Anything with Marshall in it. I'm more interested in character than plot.

Not really. I'll get back to you on that one. So far everything is okay, except whether Marshall loves Sullivan back...
    @simscognito I'm glad to hear nothing's been super confusing so far :) . As for Marshall's feelings, I think you get at least a little hint of them in chapter seven.
    edited February 2018
    @simscognito I'm glad to hear nothing's been super confusing so far :) . As for Marshall's feelings, I think you get at least a little hint of them in chapter seven.

Oh wait... that's the chapter you just released. Yep, I'll be reading that in a bit. Just got to finish a letter for another sims project. XD

Oh wait... that's the chapter you just released. Yep, I'll be reading that in a bit. Just got to finish a letter for another sims project. XD

Yeah, hopefully that'll make things a little bit clearer for you! No rush, though, just get to it when you can get to it. :)
    Ok! So before I answer the questions, I finally got the time to sit down and finish Undead With Benefits arc 1! That twist,
    I knew I shouldn't trust someone with a name like Antares!!
    I'll answer the arc 1 questions in a bit, first I'll do these ones for TIOL:

Funnily enough, Sullivan. I wouldn't like him if I met him, but as a character, he's entertaining xD I was reading the story out loud, and had such a laugh squealing "Yes! Bite me harder! Sink your teeth into my flesh!!" Oh the joy. Oh I'm so weird. I'm looking forward to Sullivan's growth as a character. Will he overcome adversaries? Will he be betrayed?? There's nothing I love more than torturing my favourite characters, and Sullivan, you need to go through some fire man.

Lady Desrosiers. I dun care if she's a vampire, she kidnapped a child!!

Sullivan. Waiting for his fire!!

I wanna know how death plays into this story :smiley: Cuz I have a thing for reapers, as you have no doubt noticed already.

Not so far. I think you've done a great job writing it!
    Ok! So before I answer the questions, I finally got the time to sit down and finish Undead With Benefits arc 1! That twist,

Funnily enough, Sullivan. I wouldn't like him if I met him, but as a character, he's entertaining xD I was reading the story out loud, and had such a laugh squealing "Yes! Bite me harder! Sink your teeth into my flesh!!" Oh the joy. Oh I'm so weird. I'm looking forward to Sullivan's growth as a character. Will he overcome adversaries? Will he be betrayed?? There's nothing I love more than torturing my favourite characters, and Sullivan, you need to go through some fire man.

I wanna know how death plays into this story :smiley: Cuz I have a thing for reapers, as you have no doubt noticed already.

I agree with you about Sullivan. :D I probably wouldn't get along well with him if he was real! He's really fun for me to write, though. And that line is one of my favorites to read to people (because, yes, I force my SimLit on anyone willing to listen).
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hey all, I've been quite busy the past week, but I'll catch up with reading. :) I'm also celebrating the second anniversary of my story with an interview style post.

Second Year Anniversary

ca7s5HO.png

I agree with you about Sullivan. :D I probably wouldn't get along well with him if he was real! He's really fun for me to write, though. And that line is one of my favorites to read to people (because, yes, I force my SimLit on anyone willing to listen).

@IchigoUsagi I don't actually mind Sullivan. I don't think he'd be too terrible in real life. There's an element of playfulness to him, and if you were nice and polite to him, as well as understanding and sympathetic, I think he wouldn't be too bad. I just think you'd have to handle him gently... or maybe I just love him too much. :D

I think I've met too many people like him in RL too, which makes you a little more tolerant of those kinds of people. :D

@IchigoUsagi I don't actually mind Sullivan. I don't think he'd be too terrible in real life. There's an element of playfulness to him, and if you were nice and polite to him, as well as understanding and sympathetic, I think he wouldn't be too bad. I just think you'd have to handle him gently... or maybe I just love him too much. :D

I think I've met too many people like him in RL too, which makes you a little more tolerant of those kinds of people. :D

I don't mind him either! I just get the feeling my personality would clash with his if he were real. :D You'd definitely have to handle him gently, and I'm not sure I'd have enough patience for that! And if it was an 'I know you created me' situation he'd hate my guts from the get-go.
    edited February 2018

I don't mind him either! I just get the feeling my personality would clash with his if he were real. :D You'd definitely have to handle him gently, and I'm not sure I'd have enough patience for that! And if it was an 'I know you created me' situation he'd hate my guts from the get-go.

@IchigoUsagi Yeah, you'd certainly have to be patient with him. Yep, I get you. Anita from Friends of Foes and I will be anything but friends in RL. :D

Oh goodness the creator sim thing.... yep, I don't think many creators would be popular with their creations. XD

Funnily enough, I think Sullivan and I would get along - trust me, it's been tried and tested. :D
    @IchigoUsagi @pronterus @chalicen

Hi guys!
    Thanks @IchigoUsagi for such entertaining questions, although now I'm fearing for the Good Ship Mullivan - I blame @chalicen .

Speaking of @chalicen, this week we shall be looking at her simLit, Winter's Alchemy.

@chalicen feel free to ask us readers questions about your wonderful story.

And readers, you are welcome to ask @chalicen questions too.

Hope you all enjoy! :)
    Alright, I have a question for you, @chalicen ! It's a very important question. Will Jerk Reaper ever make another appearance? Okay, I know, maybe not the most interesting or thought-provoking question, but I need to know! :weary: I just get really attached to rude, grumpy characters, okay? And I love your reapers. :heart:
    Hi everyone, sorry I'm late, I'm lazy and I only woke up now xD

Will Jerk Reaper ever make another appearance?
    Will a practically immortal character who likes to haunt the family make another appearance? Statistically speaking... very very likely xD Even if he's not on screen, he's the one taking all their souls. A clap for he who works overtime.
    Hi everyone, sorry I'm late, I'm lazy and I only woke up now xD

Will Jerk Reaper ever make another appearance?
    Will a practically immortal character who likes to haunt the family make another appearance? Statistically speaking... very very likely xD Even if he's not on screen, he's the one taking all their souls. A clap for he who works overtime.

:D Haha, yeah I know my question wasn't the greatest. I vote for more onscreen appearances!
    Hehe we'll see :3
    Ok so... questions... I'm bad at this. We'll start with:

Who's your favourite character and why?

Any expectations for upcoming generations?

What do you think of the way it's written? (Please be viciously honest xD)
    Hehe we'll see :3
    Ok so... questions... I'm bad at this. We'll start with:

@chalicen these are great questions. I'll go away and have a think. Also... stop worrying about your writing. XD Like I say time and time again, I wouldn't be reading it if it wasn't good. ;)
    edited February 2018

Hmm... *cough*Jerk Reaper*cough* What? I didn't say anything. o:)
    In all seriousness, I always find that I'm a big fan of side characters. As I said before, I also get attached to grumpy/rude characters. And I love reapers.

Great writing, characters, and also some death so that my fave can get some screen-time :D . I also kind of expect that someone will stumble upon the potions at some point, but I could be wrong.

I think it's written really well! The scenes all flow very nicely and the dialogue and character dynamics are very believable. I also really enjoy the intermissions/afterwords you put in- they help give another perspective to the story and I just think it's fun to get a glimpse of the process behind it. My only problem with it would be how short the chapters are, but that's not even much of a problem (I'm just greedy :sweat_smile: ). It makes it easier to stay up to date if they aren't super long, and you always make them feel like they should end where they end. :) All in all, I think your writing is wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading more Winter's Alchemy and answering any other questions you come up with.