Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling Bug ... ?

As a routine builder I am becoming increasingly annoyed by the ceiling bug.

Since I tend to pay attention to the ceilings in my builds I routinely find missing tiles that were not a problem during the initial build.
Those tiles will be suspended outside the build where there is no corresponding floor above.
It takes time to delete the suspended tiles ... And move the furniture around above the holes in the ceiling so can delete the corrupt floor tiles.
Then I have to go back and repair the ceiling tiles.

Does anyone know what causes the bug or a better way to avoid the problem?
Am I doing something wrong ... Or is this a problem everyone has to deal with?

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I'm not sure why ceiling tiles sometimes disappear below properly placed floor tiles. It is super-annoying.

I think the other issue of ceiling tiles sometimes happening when there is no floor tile above, is caused by there being items above which want a floor tile or would restrict the deletion of a floor tile if there was one. Windows are irritating for that - can't delete a floor tile, the window needs it. No! Windows need walls, silly program! Using moveobjectson can also cause the issue if you moved something out into space it wants to generate floor tiles/ceiling tiles, so you'll get that issue.

Using a foundation or friezes can cause the severely sloping secret ceiling tiles, too.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I believe it happens to everyone and they sometimes come back when you move the lot. The only way I know of to not get them is to not decorate the ceilings.

Tho in the case of missing interior ceiling tiles you don't always have to remove everything above them to fix it. @SimEve did a tutorial that most of the time works.

http://createveworks.blogspot.com/2013/07/ceiling-tile-fix.html
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Thanks @creativemetaphor and @romagi1 ... It's good to know it happens to others (well, kind of anyway ... :| ).

It's not so much the building process ... And I think more closely associated with what romagi1 mentioned about "moved lots".
    The pieces that are suspended outside the builds are the pieces that belong in the holes inside the build.

It also never appears until I load a saved lot from the bin ... Or haven't played a particular build for a while.

Thanks Again ... Gonna check out the tutorial ... <3

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA