Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Service initialization failed oxo175d824

It has been a while since I played Sims 3 when I try to load it from the launcher I get this code Service initialization failed oxo175d824 I have done all that Crin suggests in the help section still not working My drivers are up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the games, I am at a loss to what to do next.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Eveebella wrote: »
    It has been a while since I played Sims 3 when I try to load it from the launcher I get this code Service initialization failed oxo175d824 I have done all that Crin suggests in the help section still not working My drivers are up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the games, I am at a loss to what to do next.
    That one does indicate a broken installation, but for a number of different possible reasons. Are you on a PC or possibly a Mac running the Mac version of the game and in either case which patch level are you on or intending to be on? Although the error can show up on either, the way to proceed differs greatly between the two operating systems.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    I am on PC windows 10 game version is 1.69.43.024017 I am patched up to and including that last one. I tried all the things EA help told me to as well and none has worked
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    You have tried all of the things that EA told you to try doesn't tell the rest of us what you have actually done. There are only two things I can offer then, which you have possibly already tried so I'm sorry if this is duplicating what has already been suggested.

-- In between uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game, the Windows Registry must be cleaned right at that point so that remnants of the prior install do not get in the way of the new one. We advise most to use Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine) to do so.

-- Not sure crinrict mentions this one, but after uninstalling and cleaning the Registry try creating a new Windows login account and install the game while logged in on that one. Do not try to reuse the prior TS3 user game folder (in Documents) on the new install.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Yes I did the CCleaner to clean the registry, EA had me install my divers and reinstall them plus they had me redo all of the tips Crin's list has on it. I have not tried the new windows log in so I will give that a shot in the morning thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    Well sorry to say that did not work the new windows account got the same error

• Options
    well with all the fiddling about to fix the sims 3 I now can not play sims4 it says unable to start, make sure video card meets min standards, I think the code is oc6d1221:1df4c8dc-800100000 00000000, it is hard to read. But I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 so I know the card meets standards
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Do you have any other graphics intensive games that would give this video card a good workout and are they working okay? Again I don't know all of what EA had you do exactly, but none of the things discussed on this thread right here should have affected TS4 one way or the other at all.

This is now sounding more like either an Origin or graphics card installation issue of some kind.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    no trouble playing fallout 4 or any of the fallout's, can play any of the aliens games the latest tomb raider is fine Resident evils are fine. Can play my other origin games
  • Options
    I did a clean installed of my graphics card after Sims 4 would not load but it did not help
  • Options
    here is my dxdiag if that helps https://pastebin.com/bR5TYNv1
  • Options
    This is practically grasping at straws and is probably no help, but do you get any different results by playing the game (or trying to) on a more standard monitor if you have one available rather than the HDMI hookup to a TV?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    no have always played it on this one, played it on this rig as well last played it Nov 2016, been playing Sims 4 now cant play that either.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor

They also has a thread going in TS4. Their monitor current mode is not set to native mode. Their monitor is 720p. They have a 980 card which should be using a 1080p monitor not 720p. I paged chester since I don't know if the monitor could be the problem or windows 10
  • Options
    I want to thank you all for your help I can now play sims 4 and sims 3 I went back to the previous windows 10 build, (it updated a couple days ago) and that has done it so something in the new update was causing me to have the problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Glad to hear it!

I would never recommend skipping operating system updates in general, but if I have to read any more of these and how they are adversely affecting users, I may be forced to write a scathing letter to Microsoft. They really do not want that to happen. And if they ignore it, I may even have to write a second one. >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I know why do they always have to break things with updates. Thanks again for your help
  • Options
    Well once again windows 10 has updated itself and I can not play Sims3 again same error code.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Eveebella please see your thread in the sims 4. Guru Nick posted to you. He wants you to take pictures of the errors your getting so if needed he can contact MS or find a fix.
  • Options
    Ok I will look at that one