Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, work on the babies in this game.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    ...some object that is left in a room only to be feed and changed when they cry.
    In a room? How fancy! ;)
    Just plop them next to a planter box in the backyard. Water, feed, evolve, change diaper...
    Snow or rain sure ain't in the forecast...

looool Hey, they do get a nursery. So that says something. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I almost always age my Sim babies right into toddlers, unless I'm doing a challenge that prohibits this. I like the idea of adding hair and different clothing options, but the real issue is that they are tethered to that darn bassinet (which, could we get some better options there, too?) and, therefore, are basically ignored except when they scream and not really part of the family until they age up.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    The best babies in the series were ts2. Just give those babies a little wispy hair and different onesies to choose from and I would've been happy. Of all the things to patch in, I'd like better babies.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I think it would be great if the babies were improved to untie them from the bassinet. It really gets on my nerves to watch my Sims pick the baby up to rock it, & then put it back in the bassinet, pick up the baby to feed it, and put it back in the bassinet, etc. Every interaction, they pick the baby up and have to put it back in the bassinet. You can't just feed it, cuddle, rock it while the baby is already in the Sims arms. I really think TS3 was great in that you were able to walk around with the baby, put it in the stroller, etc. TS2 babies looked like real babies. & I also liked that you had to walk to the refrigerator to feed the baby, walk to the changing table to change the diaper. It had a better sense of realism IMO.

This baby as an object, is just a shortcut...similar to how our Sims just walk off the lots to go to work. For me, it's difficult to have played other versions of the game for so long & have a baby that you can move around with, & play TS4 with such a watered down version of this life stage. Though I never expect every detail/feature to carry over from previous versions, I never understand these type of shortcuts.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I really want to be able to bath them in the sink again, why did they decide to stop including that? I also want them out of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bassinet, I want a mat with toys over it so I can put them on the floor in the living room and they can play like they did in sims 2, and a stroller to take them to other places in the world and for walks around the neighbourhood. Could be good to have one of those things so you can carry a baby on your chest, for when sims are out and about or doing things around the house. Now that people mention it I would really like babies to have the same option of picking hair and clothes as well. There's so much potential here but they just made them into things we put in a corner and forget about for the most part.
  • Options
    freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 173 Member
    I don't mind the bassinets, I like them actually; just not so much the factor that they're tied to the darn things. Makes it very annoying when a child sim goes and coos at the baby but if your sim wants to change their diaper they can't the child is in the way, and it's not like you can shoo them away. Their cry is terrible always sounded to me like some prehistoric dinosaur in the sims 4, the previous sims games the babies cry sounded better. I do miss the strollers and how you could take your baby/toddler for a stroll.
  • Options
    xXLaneTHD1234XxxXLaneTHD1234Xx Posts: 12 New Member
    It would be very interesting if Maxis changed the babies of the Sims 4! They're just objects. They wanted them to be more "free" equals the Sims 2 and 3. It would be nice if they had to change clothes, bathe in a sink or bathtub, could teach them to walk and also that their skins be changed! Seriously, the Sims 4 babies look more like those dolls you buy in children's stores! I hope you have that in the future...
  • Options
    xXLaneTHD1234XxxXLaneTHD1234Xx Posts: 12 New Member
    I like the Sims 2 and 3 babies better, because they're more "natural". The Sims 4 babies are just "Sims-object" connected to the cradle. I wanted so much for the newborns of TS4 to be more real!
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2018
    I found some old sims 2 pics of the babies and they are so cute.

zEXru8x.jpg

KIol5UI.jpg

cvelYB5.jpg

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    All I want is to be able to move them from one bassinet to another. #FreeTheBabies!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    I love the toddlers, thank you for adding them. But the babies in this game are a hot mess.

The skin coloring for the babies don't make any sense with the parents skin color. My black couples just had a pale skinned baby (let me reiterate, when they're both black), and my Asian couple (who I made very pale skinned) had a tan color baby. Why is this? I don't use CC at all, just the game's default skin colors.

Can you guys try to implement this in the game?:
    igg4go.jpg
    (It's from a modder, but you see how they added hair and different PJ options too?)
    Or this with eye color variations:
    2jfiqf8.jpg
    I'd rather not download mods, but instead have it officially placed in the game by you guys. That way I don't have to worry about updates and such.

So yeah, besides the "attached to the bassinets" feature, lack of hair, unable to change clothes and the same clone faces.----The skin coloring issue is my biggest complaint right now. So I'd be happy if you guys could work on that for now.

Oh, Thanks for at least not making them burrito babies though.

30tl0kz.png

Yes I agree. I don’t like how the babies look in sims 4. Gives us different hairstyles for the babies. Don’t have to be a lot. Same thing with clothes. Also, we should be able to carry our babies where we want to. We need more baby furniture such as cribs/cradles, bouncy swings, changing tables, blankets and pillows, strollers and eventually car seats when we cars. Just some ideas.
  • Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    I would love the Beautiful looking Babies since I played sims mobile I decided it wasn't worth my time bying Sims 4 pc Windows game. I'm thinking Sims 2 or Sims 3.
  • Options
    BabySimsAlwaysBabySimsAlways Posts: 22 Member
    First I would love to thank you for my beloved toddlers. They are ALL THAT!!!! Also, Seasons is on point as well. But come on guys, you have to admit that the babies are lame. I remember the ground baby in Sims 3. But I found a way around that problem. But it's so sad when my family is all around their holiday tree and opening up their presents. Having the time of their lives and I take pics of everyone. Then I realize that the baby is stuck upstairs all by herself. That makes me very sad. Yes, I could bring the bassinet aka baby coffin downstairs. But why she just rocks back and forth no real expressions or reactions. I think this game came a long way and it's time to include the babies in the mix. I know everyone doesn't like babies and they don't have to play with them. But it would be soooooooo nice if you could unleash them and let the ones who loved them have them. That's all I want my family play to be complete. Thank you for everything, you guys have done so far.
  • Options
    xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    Please free the babies! They’re so boring now and are really lifeless besides crying. I’d like them to have different skin tones, outfits and be more like babies.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I love the toddlers, thank you for adding them. But the babies in this game are a hot mess.

The skin coloring for the babies don't make any sense with the parents skin color. My black couples just had a pale skinned baby (let me reiterate, when they're both black), and my Asian couple (who I made very pale skinned) had a tan color baby. Why is this? I don't use CC at all, just the game's default skin colors.

igg4go.jpg
    (It's from a modder, but you see how they added hair and different PJ options too?)
    2jfiqf8.jpg
    I'd rather not download mods, but instead have it officially placed in the game by you guys. That way I don't have to worry about updates and such.

So yeah, besides the "attached to the bassinets" feature, lack of hair, unable to change clothes and the same clone faces.----The skin coloring issue is my biggest complaint right now. So I'd be happy if you guys could work on that for now.

30tl0kz.png

Yes I agree. I don’t like how the babies look in sims 4. Gives us different hairstyles for the babies. Don’t have to be a lot. Same thing with clothes. Also, we should be able to carry our babies where we want to. We need more baby furniture such as cribs/cradles, bouncy swings, changing tables, blankets and pillows, strollers and eventually car seats when we cars. Just some ideas.

Completely agree but maybe there using Sims Freeplay first to see if the coding works as since Sims freeplay does not have a chat system which in tech words "SQL" database also The Sims Mobile has High Definition will everyones phone handle such graphics maybe freeplay is a trial run then its successful the team might be able to code the babies to do more.
  • Options

igg4go.jpg
    2jfiqf8.jpg

30tl0kz.png

I know I love the idea of a Mod folder but this is against the rules they could create a Mobile Mod Gallery that would make everyone happy and its legal because the user who created that mod would have to sign a contract to protect EA as they would own coyright to it.

Next I was thinking why not EA/Mavis create a new app thats affordable to purchase here any simmers could mod babies , furniture etc. it be the first real 3D programming app that could change the future for other app makers.