Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toilet Use and Privacy Needs

Is it at all possible to create a toilet that does not require privacy for Sims to use it? I want to create a urinal for community Lots.

Currently I am working with a conversion by untraditionalNerd as a base for my tests. The object functions fine but no more than one Sim can be in the same room at the same time using a urinal because of their need for privacy.

I've looked through the tuning for the toilet in question and have determined that the privacy setting is in the peeing interaction itself, and not the object tuning specifically.

I attempted to create a new pee interaction tuning with the privacy disabled and then point a new toilet tuning file towards it but all that resulted in was an interaction on the urinal with no text and Sims that would just stand where they were, continuing any other action as if I had never selected the blank option. It shows in their action queue with a progress bar that fills but they never actually act on it.

Whilst digging I did also notice that there is already some tuning in the game files for urinals. In a last ditch attempt I tried telling my toilet to use that tuning instead but that had the same result; a nameless interaction that Sims don't act upon.

If I can get this working then that would be great. If not, I REALLY hope the team finishes the urinal tuning that's already there and gives us some official ones! Goodness knows we've waited long enough for them.
a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
Thoughts on a new wall mode?

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Alistu,

You are correct - the objects themselves do not enforce privacy, it's the interactions on the object. So you are on the right track by adding a new interaction without privacy constraints. You could also modify the existing interaction to remove privacy.

Yeah the urinal is an old object, no plans to bring it back at this time as far as I know.

-SGMS
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Editing the existing interaction is what I attempted to do. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it though, so I simply found the section on privacy and set the "enabled" tags to "disabled."

As mentioned though, when I pointed my new tuning to the edited interaction it resulted in a blank pie menu option and Sims doing nothing. I did note recently though that the bladder motive was still fulfilled as if the Sim had used the object.

What, specifically, would I need to alter to disable privacy? Should I just have to change the word from "enabled" to "disabled" as I tried or should I delete the privacy check coding all together?
    Nevermind, I figured it out. I'd done everything I was supposed to EXCEPT tell my object to use the new tuning. When I tested previously it was still using the unfinished EA urinal code.

@SimGuruModSquad Could you please pass onto the game devs how much the community actually wants urinals and public toilet stalls? This far into the game's lifespan and it still feels like some of the very basics are still missing. That and we REALLY need a normal sized telescope and microscope for our Sims that AREN'T mad scientists but still take an interest in the Sim world around them.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Alistu, glad you got it working! This isn't really the forum to ask for game features, but will pass on your request.

-SGMS
    I'm back with another question regarding the use of the urinal I am working on. Everything is working great except for the threshold at which Sims can use the object.
    Due to the fact it is based on the coding of a regular toilet, Sims can only use it when their bladder is still in the green as they must use it standing up. Once the bladder motive reaches the threshold that would normally tell a Sim to sit and use the toilet, the object becomes unusable as there is no sitting option. The object is no longer clickable once the bladder motive empties too far.
    I would like to make the urinal usable at all times no matter how empty or full a Sims' bladder is.

I have found two sections of the pee standing tuning that I believe may be related to this but I'm not sure which to edit (both, one, none?) to get the desired effect as I don't know what scale the motive runs from and too.
    <V t="stat_based">
    <U n="stat_based">
    <T n="absolute">True</T>
    <T n="stat">16652<!--motive_Bladder--></T>
    <U n="threshold">
    <E n="comparison">GREATER_OR_EQUAL</E>
    <T n="value">100</T>
    </U>
    </U>
    </V>
    <L>
    <V t="trait">
    <U n="trait">
    <L n="whitelist_traits">
    <T>136876<!--trait_GenderOptions_Toilet_Standing--></T>
    </L>
    </U>
    </V>
    <V t="statistic">
    <U n="statistic">
    <T n="stat">16652<!--motive_Bladder--></T>
    <V t="value_threshold" n="threshold">
    <U n="value_threshold">
    <E n="comparison">GREATER_OR_EQUAL</E>
    <T n="value">0</T>
    </U>
    </V>
    <E n="who">Actor</E>
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think the motives are still -100 to +100 like they always have been in past sims games.
    edited August 2016
    Well there you go you see. I've never delved into the world of motive code in the past before so I wouldn't know what the range was. I'll give it another try with your info and see what happens thanks.

ETA: After messing with the values I found out that the first code snippet above deals with the motive value at which the Sim should stop performing the action. The second snippet deals with the motive value at which the interaction becomes available.
    So to get the urinal working I needed to set the second snippet to -100 so that now the urinal can be used at all times and Sims use it until their bladder motive is 100% recovered.

I think that's everything that I needed to fix now. At least I hope it is.
    Post edited by Alistu on
  • WolfazusWolfazus Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Alistu !

I've been using "Male Urinal (by Menaceman44)"

not sure if you are the same guy but I agree on you on privacy matters.

So, does it work ? If it does I suggest you contact Menaceman44 so he could update it ! :smiley:

This is a BIG improvement that will add the finishing on the mod.

or could you please upload the files ?

big thank you :smile:
    @Wolfazus
    I am the same person, yeah.
    What issues are you having? I fixed up everything I was having issues with before I released the object. Sims don't need privacy to use it and they should be able to use it at any level of bladder need.