Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installed World doesn't show up/Launcher problems

I've found this nice custom world I wanted to play with a while ago ( sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/medium/enchanted-forest/ ). Like normally, I installed it and it showed up in my game just fine. I started a new game in it and played for a while. Then, a few days later when I wanted to continue playing, I couldn't select my save with the notification that I don't have the world installed (or something of that sort), so I looked in my launcher to look for it. I already noticed that I couldn't really search for it in the installed content category, because it would crash if I scrolled too long in it. However, the world is showing up in downloads as installed, and due to the fact that I can't look into the installed content category, I can't properly uninstall it to reinstall it again, because when I just click install in the downloads folder again, it just tells me that I already installed it. The world still doesn't show up in game and I still can't play my save.

I hope you can help me in some way, because all the other worlds I downloaded and installed are showing up in-game just fine. :/
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    I would contact the creator of the world. There could be something wrong with it. Especially if all the other custom worlds you downloaded are working. The creator's name is listed under additional info

@Rflong7 builds worlds though this is not their world you downloaded. Maybe they know something about the world you downloaded or the creator and if that creator has had issues with their worlds
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Are you on Patch 1.69? If you are you might want to double check to make sure all the EP's and SP's you plan to use are still ticked if any got unticked by the Launcher it'll refuse to load up the save.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    @ScottDemon I just checked it, and every ep/sp is toggled on, so this can't be the reason why it doesn't work :/. I'm really confused right now, every other world (no matter if custom worlds or store worlds) are showing up in game just fine.

I like to build stuff
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Are you able to create a new save in the world from the world select menu? Is the world showing up in your documents folder, under The Sims 3 --> InstalledWorlds? This will at least let you know whether the world is actually installed.

If it is, does the world name have any characters besides standard letters and numbers, maybe a . or something similar? I believe there is a bug where saves created in worlds with non-standard characters in their name can't be re-opened.

If it is not showing as installed in the menu or the folder, you could try creating a new The Sims 3 documents folder (be sure to keep your current one somewhere safe) and installing it to that one to test if it disappears again.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Are you able to create a new save in the world from the world select menu? Is the world showing up in your documents folder, under The Sims 3 --> InstalledWorlds? This will at least let you know whether the world is actually installed.

If it is, does the world name have any characters besides standard letters and numbers, maybe a . or something similar? I believe there is a bug where saves created in worlds with non-standard characters in their name can't be re-opened.

If it is not showing as installed in the menu or the folder, you could try creating a new The Sims 3 documents folder (be sure to keep your current one somewhere safe) and installing it to that one to test if it disappears again.

So, I wasn't able to create a new save, but the world also doesn't have anything besides standard letters. I tried what you suggested, creating a new TS3 folder. I installed the world again, moved all important things from my old to the new folder, and the world showed up just fine. I will look out how it's going, if it disappears again, I'll write here again. Thank you so much for your help! :)

I like to build stuff