Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the first LTR you usually give your sims?

13...Next

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Observant, attractive or other social enhancement rewards
    Something social related. Usually I go for 'legendary host' as that can guarantee that if you throw a party you have a good chance of other Sims actually showing up lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Fast Learner or Multitasker
    For those of you having trouble remembering to pay your sims' bills:

(igazor)

If you have the NRaaS Story Progression plus the NRaaS Money add-on module, you can set it to automatically pay your bills for you:

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Money > Options:Debt and Taxes > Automatic Active Billing > True/False

(/igazor)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Steel Bladder or other rewards that manage needs meters
    I use steel bladder because it's boring to have to send a sim to the toilet.

I also make sure one of my sims gets no bills ever as well because I keep forgetting to pay the bills and don't want to be bothered with adding a mod to take care of something I can get from a LT Reward.

But they don't generally get no bills ever until they've got a heap of other rewards I like them to have first. It is something they save up for eventually.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Simunity or immune to heat or immune to cold
    No, I haven't added Traveler or many other of the useful NRaas mods. I play on a very "essential only" basis, though I do admit that I find some mods by velocitygrass, twoftmama, nona, KissingToast, shimrod, and others essential if it means I can shift more items up and down on a wall or have CASt versions without set stencils and such. I do have a better computer now and I could rethink what I add to my mods.

The cache clearing and acquaintances dropping out might not be related. Maybe it's just what the game chooses to reload. My sims will give everyone they see a friendly introduction until they reach celebrity status (or know 24 people, if they are children) so that they can then make friends easily. Even when I am not playing large households, the sims just don't retain all the acquaintances over time. Not all of them have disappeared from the world, just disappeared from the list of acquaintances. (I associate it with refreshing or reloading my game and thus thought it could be tied to caches.)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Observant. I have had parents not know traits of their children. :lol:
  • j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    Other
    Never weary. I hate when they get tense. It ruins my fun lol
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other
    I will choose to get whatever they needed most at the time I give them a lifetime reward or whatever will help hem the most.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Observant is always my first choice so that my Sims can get to know other Sims' traits faster. The next one is Simunity - I don't like my Sims to get sick! :smiley:
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Extra Creative, Super Green Thumb or other trait enhancing rewards
    I save up for the trait enhancing rewards pertinent to the individual Sim first, with social enhancement rewards/buffers (Observant, Long Distance Friend) being secondary. Most of my Sims are self-employed and use the consignment store for selling their wares, so Suave Seller is a reward I use often and get early on. I also tend to go for rewards that benefit the whole household, like Fireproof Homestead and the Collection Helper object. I rarely use rewards that manage needs (steel bladder, dirt defiant) and never use money rewards (inheritance, no bills).
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Other
    I like to get Meditative Trance Sleep. I like the way it shortens the sleep time required by just enough to allow my sim much more freedom to enjoy the evening and still wake up in time to get ready for the day. Even more helpful when the family includes a baby or toddler. Because the length of time it takes to get a good night's sleep is reduced, I have a wider selection of beds to pick from without worrying about the energy level.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Fast learner / Multitasker are often first, but it depends on the Sim. Neat Sims get Speedy Cleaner just so they have time to do other things than pick up after the rest of my household, for example. I am also fond of social enhancers: Attractive, Eye Candy, etc. because my Sims are nearly always on the Woohoo warpath. :D
  • FireDash15FireDash15 Posts: 4 New Member
    I like Fast Learner because I have this need to make all of my sims have level 10 in all skills. I see it as a challenge for myself. Otherwise I will save up and get them a free degree so they don’t have to go to college. I also see it as a challenge to give them multiple degrees.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Stone Hearted or Long Distance Friend or other rewards that buffer against loss of friends
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Long distance friend. Ticks me off after the effort of making a friend that you can lose them if you don't chat with them every day!

^Ditto! :star:
    Great minds think alike @bekkasan

Fast Learner is pretty much always my next one... Then the steel bladder and such. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2018
    I usually start with homeless sim with very low family fund, so I always get the 'inappropriate but in a good way' first to use many facilities easily in neighborhood houses. Then get observant, never dull and then distant friend because it's hard to collect 20,000 happiness points for distant friend reward from the beginning with no cheats. Then, get 'Meditative Trance Sleep', because my sims get up early than usual and can do more things than other sims. I rarely get 'attractive' rewards though.
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2018
    steel bladder, dirt deviant, hardly hungry, no bills ever - these 4 are what I'm going for and they are always the first ones they get.
    It's pretty hard at first when they have to go to work and have all these needs to take care of.
    I stopped using the books to teach them, I use the tablet, and while they are doing tasks they are listening to the tabcasts skilling up. I go for speed in achieving their Lifetime wish, goal whatever its called, but it never fails I always get side tracked :D
    Its one of the reasons I love the game, it challenges me & if I get bored, I create new challenges to strive for.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited February 2018
    Just because it's practical to me to buy Observant first as I don't remember my hundred of sims personality traits so it's awesome to remind them.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Simunity or immune to heat or immune to cold
    Simunity, I have a chronic illness and play sims as a means of escape so I am not having them ill, plus the illness system in the game is just so annoying imho. I love collection helper too you only need one per household and I can't pass up picking things up when I am out about in Sims World.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited February 2018
    Simunity, I have a chronic illness and play sims as a means of escape so I am not having them ill, plus the illness system in the game is just so annoying imho. I love collection helper too you only need one per household and I can't pass up picking things up when I am out about in Sims World.

I agree with you. I currently my cat who is contagious and I can't have any cure for her. Some of my cats are allergic now we're Spring and no cure.
    For sims human or SN there is no cure except a vaccine. Too bad the gurus at that time didn't think to go deeper as prescribe a treatment for this or that pain make with herbs we found out on the world, with honey etc we can cook them at house or buying it at the hospital as we buy food or book in grocery.

End of the parenthesis.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • TempurranceTempurrance Posts: 44 Member
    I barely use the LTR but when I do, it's usually Steel Bladder because I, too, hate repairing toilets :)
    Still can't find Waldo...
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Steelbladder. Just can't be bothered with the time it takes for the poor little buggers to use the bathroom! :s
    NymlADp.jpg