Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2018
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: creativemetaphor
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=creativemetaphor
    Item Title: Classic Colonial
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @FairyGodMother (item not numbered) house for Sunset Valley under $40K
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link:https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9184596
    Description: Return to a classic style with this compact colonial home. The main floor features four distinct main rooms - living, dining, kitchen, and library, all reached from the main central hall. Also holds the half bath and stairs up to the half-story upstairs with two bedrooms and a full bath. The lot is spacious and can be easily upgraded with pool, garden, or other outdoor decor or activities.
    Details: 2 bed, 1 1/2 bath home for under $40,000, on 30x30 lot with plenty of room for expanding.
    I attempted to make this an entirely base-game build but apparently something from Ambitions slipped in. Possibly a pattern? But this should still be at least mostly base-game friendly. Apologies for the slip!
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? (Did you use any CC in your build) Nope
    Do you have CC in your game folder? (Do you have any CC at all in your Electronic Arts mods folder?) Nope
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q29YrqvXdwKYFDV53
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm going to go backwards since I'm so behind! Busy life....

@ciane Love the new avi face!

@Merelhyn Adorable cabin! Love the wood and glass combo.

@creativemetaphor Very homey and welcoming! Love it.
    @Jude525 That is an adorable house!
    @creativity_rulez Your wishlist has sure been raided this month! Lots of gorgeous builds that are exactly what you asked for. Hope you're around to see them.

I think I have everything updated. If I've missed an entry please post here and let me know. :)

This will be our last month to offer prizes as we are now out of sponsors. If anyone would like to continue the gift of creation game without prizes I'll continue to host the game and post the entries every month! We'll see how that goes.
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    @ZeeGee I hope I won't be too late, I'm just trying to upload to the exchange. ^_^; I actually had a bunch of fun just making stuff for people. I wouldn't mind doing a few free ones and getting inspired from everyone's submissions.

@creativemetaphor ; such a sweet home! Love how you used the grays and beige(s?).

@Merelhyn ; so cuuute and homey! Wow the purple and green work so well together.
    Sorry, you can't use it. I do tend to use a lot of packs and worlds and venue content >_< I should challenge myself and do a base game only upload and maybe a starter home. (I also have a problem keeping things low cost. I'm sure that'll be a challenge in itself LOL) As such I'm really impressed with how nice your home looks.

@AlphaFen ; thank you! I'll tell Poseidon you get first dibs lol ^_~

@Envyfan : Thankies!
    edited January 2018
    Creator’s Username: Kiearaphoenix
    Creator Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Kiearaphoenix Wishlist
    Item Title: Atlantis: Umbra Palace
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @AlphaFen 's #2. Something creative so I can Ooo and Ahhh over it and be inspired.
    Exchange Link:
    Linky
    Description:
    Large Atlantian palace with underwater theme. The idea behind Umbra Palace is that long ago it was part of Atlantis and sunk with the city beneath the oceans. A couple centuries ago it returned to the surface to search for someone with Royal Atlantian blood to call it home. (I had this idea for a story if the correct person sits on the throne the hologram flowers will turn on and change to the correct color when the palace accepts them as its' owner.) It's kinda sentient and has a mix of tech beyond it's time. Like how there's an ancient feeling to the Atlantis in Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire or Nadia: Secret of Blue Water, but the Atlantis had extremely advanced technology for it's time period.

Really have put off finishing this for far too long and it is packed with a LOT of stuff. I ended up taking some stuff out and changing wallpapers twice because I think I used a few things from worlds the wisher did not have >_<; (sorry if I missed replacing some)
    Details:
    4 Bdrm, 4.5 Baths, Mini garden, Outdoor pool, West and East wing suites.
    Basement: A tiny wine cellar
    1st Floor: Kitchen, Dinning Rm, Entertaining room for foreign dignitaries.
    2nd Floor: Small foyer, Throne Rm, 1.5 baths.
    3rd Floor: Library, Ballroom, First floor of the 2 royal suites.
    4th Floor: Gallery, Servants quaters, Treasure display room,
    2nd floor of royal suites, 3 baths.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? None
    Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    4c84512be16a7c03ee5116680e818f13.jpg
    3rd floor layout
    a88aa56f1c16183bdecef4189d400c00.jpg
    close up pics of some rooms
    Throne Rm
    4e67d64e94ea5b2e297965297595c5a5.jpg
    Above Throne Rm/Ballroom
    fd232a363eb1b4684ddb39d1bfc6f804.jpg

Royal Suite Under the Sea
    da48f5cf5effb4ba7b0d8c46b29eb1cc.jpg
    033d8323fed85806ed81ae41964bacb4.jpg
    4c7dd3506ec9261237e40d34143ce58a.jpg

Royal Suite Steampunk
    3d30f1711ef240e1e596bcad40069444.jpg
    28bf01057439712ebcfe3f29af314d9b.png

Library/Treasure display
    cb5a974ad6b4bc893f0b0031d6ed45d9.jpg

Dining Room
    0af97160d7f1e4c10e60cf948c3f9163.jpg
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix i still have a hard time comprehending this place, it just has so much going on. I can feel my game lagging just looking at it. it's just so magnificent, wow!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh my my! @KiearaPhoenix - That is very eclectic and absolutely fascinating!
    @creativemetaphor - Nice build! Love it.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix The two Atlantean builds are stunning.

@Merelhyn I love your starter. The way that you've placed the bed, not requiring any space at the foot, is genius. And where is that door from? I don't recognize it. This is one of the things I love about seeing other peoples' builds. So often I get lost in all the content I have and end up re-using the same items over and over. Then I see something in someone else's work that I've never even noticed I had.

@creativemetaphor I really like the creamy/chocolate tones of your colonial. It's very calming. Of course, at the moment I'm hungry, so it is also making me crave a chocolate or vanilla shake. Or both. :D

Finally, thank you all for the comments on the Beach House project. As I've mentioned before, I am very proud of the finished work.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @Jude525 the exterior doors are from University, the bathroom door is base game. All are recoloured.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ah, that's why I'm not familiar with it. I use Sim Chooser to turn packs on and off and I rarely have Uni active. I hate the clique system (don't remember the real name) even more than the celebrity system. Although it would be there when I turn everything on for a full build, I can see why it gets overlooked.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Kiearaphoenix I am in awe! :open_mouth: That is spectacular! I agree with @envyfan , I think my laptop is crying just looking at the pictures :lol:

@zeegee I'd be happy to keep building even if there were no more prizes, it's a fun way to spur the ol' muse and build something I might not have otherwise!

@Jude525 I started with the walls in the dining room and hadn't originally intended to use that color scheme throughout but it just worked so well! But now I also want a shake lol

@Merelhyn That is an adorable starter, and such a clever layout! I love what you did with the bed! What a great space saver :)
    Standard Entry Form: (Copy/paste into new post)

Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: my wishlist
    Item Title: Luxury Black and White Starter
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @AlphaFen 3 or @ciane 2 (yes, it's another starter)
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: ModTheSims
    Description: a luxury starter in black and white!
    Details: another try at my "luxury starter" attemps. Like Hortensias Cabin, luxury items for sleeping, cooking, bathing, high quality fun option and even… a garden!
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? (Did you use any CC in your build) no
    Do you have CC in your game folder? a mod to move mirrors
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

MTS_Merelhyn-1743738-Screenshot-3.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1743744-Screenshot-22.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1743750-Screenshot-28.jpg
    Other pictures on the MTS thread.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited January 2018
    Great size and shape and love the layout! Nice job, @Merelhyn. Thank you.

p.s. that is one of my favorite plants. Love it!
    @Merelhyn I LOOOVE black and white, that is really cute!
    Thanks everyone! I've always really wanted to finish something out of the box and unusual so I reaaally let my imagination go. Next idea I have is less colorful and maybe less in general. Sorry for those whose laptops got nightmares, lol ^-^;

@ZeeGee Did I fill the 3rd entry form incorrectly?
    @KiearaPhoenix Did I miss an entry? Can you post a link?
    @KiearaPhoenix I’m so sorry! I’m on my iPad now so I’ll get it added tomorrow. That was such a stunning build. Thanks for letting me know.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Merelhyn You're certainly spoiling my hard up sims with these starters! :worried: How will they ever live in the homes I've built once they get used to stylish décor and colour co-ordination!!? :fearful: It will be well designed anarchy!! :weary:
    @KiearaPhoenix Again with the alerts system, I looked back and didn't get an alert for that post, but your entry is added now.

We have 9 entries for January!! Woot woot!

Someone throw me out a number from 1 to 9!
    edited February 2018
    @AlphaFen thank you! (you can also add bigger houses to your wishlist if you want :D)
    @Merelhyn Thank you! And we have a winner...#7 is @Envyfan for the Simple Warm Starter home for Ciane!!

Congrats Envyfan!!! You will be receiving 458 points of items from @AlphaFen and 542 points of items from me so please post what you would like us to gift you!

This game has been so much fun and has brought the spirit of gifting back to the forum, so this thread will stay open. Please feel free to create anything you want from the creation wishlists and post those creations, however, there will not be monthly prizes. I'll still post the entries on the first page to keep them organized.

Happy simming!
    @KiearaPhoenix @Merelhyn @creativemetaphor

You will all be receiving 200 SP of store items as a thank you for participating this month! Please post the items you would like to be gifted. :heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top