Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Medieval style legacy home

nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
So I tried searching everywhere and nothing really matched what I am looking for and I am very rusty when it comes to building as I had took a break from sims 3 for years. So I will make my request and see if anyone is willing to fill it.

Details:
Style - Medieval/Fantasy/Tudor
Home is for - A witch sim that will be starting a big family
Features I'd like:
A horse area as I intend my sim to go riding from time to time
parking for up to 2 vehicles
4-5 bedrooms
library with secret passage or secret room for alchemy and other magical stuff. She's a witch, she wants to try to hide that as much as possible
play area for children
a pool would be nice
small gardening area
master bedroom I'd love to have a little nook for either a study or something
master bath I'd like to have one of them corner tubs and a his and her sink and toilet
My sim will have a cat so room for cat stuff be nice.
I do own dragon valley so some dragon valley style would be nice as well
tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.

Comments

• romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    You can browse our team blog. You can search by build style, bedrooms, lot size ect.

The DNA Request Team Blog: http://dnarequestteam.blogspot.com/
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    went through that site, sadly there's nothing that actually fit what I wanted exactly.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2018
    I can take a stab at this, I do love making medieval builds, and alas, I haven't seen @MiaSkywalker around lately because she's quite awesome at this and I'd totally refer you to her if she was around.

If you let me know all your expansions, stuff packs, and additional store content you have I can have a go :)
    Also, let me know if you have a particular style in mind, medieval covers a wide range. I can do tudor, castle, etc. If you have pictures of things that strike your fancy that'd be awesome, too. And any kind of color pallet you prefer.
    I can take a stab at this, I do love making medieval builds, and alas, I haven't seen @MiaSkywalker around lately because she's quite awesome at this and I'd totally refer you to her if she was around.

If you let me know all your expansions, stuff packs, and additional store content you have I can have a go :)
    Also, let me know if you have a particular style in mind, medieval covers a wide range. I can do tudor, castle, etc. If you have pictures of things that strike your fancy that'd be awesome, too. And any kind of color pallet you prefer.

I found the DNA Request thread this morning after a nice good nights sleep and posted there but I will paste the request form here:

Username: Nilanius
    Preferred builder* (If none, leave blank):
    Sims 3 or 4?: Sims 3
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): Medieval/Tudor/Fairy Tale
    Which EPs and SPs do you have?
    EP's: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life (Buying Island Paradise in a couple days)
    SP's: High-End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Master Suite Stuff
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Basic
    Lot size (dimensions): 40x40
    Number of bedrooms: 5
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? One of the rooms I'd like to have a raised platform to put a child's single bed on but otherwise, leave the rooms undecorated.
    Number of bathrooms: 4-5
    Favorite color schemes: Green and I love the wood texture from the Once Upon a Time Cottage store set which I do own.
    Colors you dislike: none
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Once Upon a Time Cottage, Faire Folk Life, Full Interior Castle Set, Tutor of Tudors, Ultra Lounge, Full Bayside Set
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used (Sims 3): None
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Hidden Springs in the dirt road area
    Link to specific house or plan: none, you got free reign
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? I'd love a pool, and the dragon valley hot tub. I'd like a play area for the kids and a place to keep up to 2 horses. I'd like a library with a secret passage that leads into a magic room basement, as my sim will be a witch, and a small gardening area for growing alchemy ingredients.
    Is communication required before the builder begins work? No but wouldn't hurt!
    Additional instructions?
    I'd love to have parking for 2 cars and 5 bikes
    master bedroom I'd love to have a little nook for either a study or something
    master bath I'd like to have one of them corner tubs and a his and her sink and toilet
    My sim will have a cat so room for cat stuff be nice.
    I do own dragon valley so some celtic style would be nice as well. Something that looks naturey
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    If you've got a request on the DNA thread I'll hold off, don't want to work over anyone :) If you don't get any takers I'll be happy to try my hand, but they're a pretty darn talented group :mrgreen:
    If you've got a request on the DNA thread I'll hold off, don't want to work over anyone :) If you don't get any takers I'll be happy to try my hand, but they're a pretty darn talented group :mrgreen:

Awesome, though haven't yet gotten any replies on my request in that thread yet.
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    IT takes a bit as the builders only work on one piece per builder. However, they will get to you. Plus I have never been sad at the end of the wait. So worth it! They are willing to work with you to build exactly what you are envisioning. Just thought you should know. I have several DNA requests, and the end results are soooo worth the wait.
    Morakai wrote: »
    IT takes a bit as the builders only work on one piece per builder. However, they will get to you. Plus I have never been sad at the end of the wait. So worth it! They are willing to work with you to build exactly what you are envisioning. Just thought you should know. I have several DNA requests, and the end results are soooo worth the wait.

Awesome, then I look forward to seeing what comes out :D
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited January 2018

I'm around. :) Not posting, just lurking, but I'm still here. :) My health isn't always the best, so sometimes I don't have the energy to post, which is why I don't always seem around. Right now I'm having a good period, so I actually have energy. :)

I saw the OP's post, and thought about it, but... my problem is that when I start large builds, I never seem to finish them. Sometimes I get bored of them, but mostly it's because I'm such an OCD perfectionist, that I never feel that it's done. Take my hobbit hole, for instance; I've pretty much finished it, but never put the final touches on it, so never got around to uploading it. Like, what's up with that? ;)

I'm really much better at smaller builds than larger ones. And I wouldn't recommend any of the builds I have on the Exchange for the OP, because none of them are expandable if the family wants to have kids. They're mostly for solo Sims, or a couple without kids. So not exactly appropriate for a legacy. The star shaped one is sort of expandable; there's a huge basement, and it's easily customized by making whatever rooms might be wanted. But I don't think it's what someone would want for a legacy.

Since I don't PLAY legacies (I have never gotten past generation 2 in ANY Sims game, whether 1, 2, 3, or 4), I also wouldn't really know what would be needed in a legacy home. I mean, other than bedrooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen.

She might ask on the DNA thread. There are some excellent builders there who have done medieval style builds. You're a better builder than I am, too. I might know a lot of the history because I've been studying it for about 40 years, but you're better at building, and you've done things I wouldn't even have imagined.

Edit: And I see she HAS asked in the DNA thread, which is awesome. I look forward to seeing whatever gets made for her, because I'm sure I'll want it, too!
    I also wouldn't really know what would be needed in a legacy home. I mean, other than bedrooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen.

Only things Legacy homes need really, is rooms for multiple kids, in my sim families case, I want them to have 4 kids, and I wouldn't want teens to have to share with their very younger siblings. There also would need to be enough bathrooms for the parents and kids so someone isn't wetting themselves in the morning because all the toilets are used up. Studies so sims can skill up, room 5 for me, is a toss up between a nursery or if I need one, a butler. Cuz I've had times when I was expecting 1 kid, and getting twins. Basically, legacy homes are meant for families who'd kids will be getting big. Eventually, 3 of the 4 kids will move out, and kid 4 will continue the legacy by moving in a spouse and continuing on making new generations.