Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much time do you spend on the forum per week?

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
edited January 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
How much time do you spend on the forum weekly? I know this probably belongs in Forum Feedback but we don't have the ability to start polls there.

How much time do you spend on the forum per week? 104 votes

1. Less than 1 hour
15%
JessabeansBagoas77nobodystreetwendelynehusseinandaliNikNakAmiutzaManakoHimePlantylbishop49erAshtontoAshton22ShaePatiPatouKottonKrownDBClaytonoldaccountnotworking 16 votes
1-2 hours
23%
Bluefairy286SimburiansimfreaksluthienrisingCinebarthe_greenplumbobaria34556cale2003tthraolce17Ysna887tretheraChazzzylisalittlesimmernotmothergothelVivi_WillowTreemysterionzCazualKarmaSipopLudditeBorgstorminmay 24 votes
2-3 hours
19%
ErpeMystik1978OhHeyLuckysimgirl1010ashcrash19Shizu9no1TerraNomiko13sillyangel0906samsimsBlueOvaleMidnightAuraSteve StormOdonata68Godleyjeanstinacolada00ShaeGamingTweetySydneysunshine11citysimmer 20 votes
4-5 hours
6%
alanmichael1JennyggDoloresGreyKelvin[Deleted User]honeywitchsingingwriting 7 votes
5-6 hours
6%
ClassicalSimSonata13SingerRedDestiny92TheHarbinger_51EnderGamer87MichaelInTheBathroomKurorida 7 votes
6-7 hours
4%
pisceschick75DominicLaurenceTheGoodOldGamerShadowmarkedgerefteast 5 votes
7-8 hours
1%
SterkinsenARTRozli 2 votes
8-9 hours
1%
LoversHovelhistorynerd 2 votes
9-10 hours
0%
10 or more
20%
LeGardePourpredespina53Writin_Regkeekee53PeachesnDucksMikezumiemorrilltwiddle3lisasc360bekkasanTadOlsonKathykinsKarababy52TiaDogCatersNikkei_SimmerLyricSimsz15TS1299LiaRose1435paradiseplanet 21 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    2-3 hours
    I usually check in several times a day so I'd say 2-3 hours a week.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    10 or more
    Wow this is sad but I do check the forums when I get up and sometimes right before bed. Also if I am waiting around mid day for something, I will check in as well.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    2-3 hours
    It used to be a lot more than 2-3, but nowadays I think that's about right. :lol:
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    10 or more
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Wow this is sad but I do check the forums when I get up and sometimes right before bed. Also if I am waiting around mid day for something, I will check in as well.

Me too. I always check the forums everytime I had a free time. Even after waking up.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited February 2018
    10 or more
    My computer must perform some tasks, I can only browse at the same time.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    10 or more
    I have spent at least ten hours on average each week here.It can happen because the internet is too slow.
    @EA_Mage -I usually show up in the TS3 section as that's one of my usual games and I play TS2 if I'm taking a break from TS3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    10 or more
    I guess I have no life?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    10 or more
    I guess I have no life?

Me neither :joy:

I also talk wayyy more with my forum friends then my real life friends.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    2-3 hours
    I picked 2 to 3, back in the day I would easily clock over 10 hours a week but with the Sims 3 Forums dying down and life getting busier I am here a lot less. Like some others I check in several times a day on most says but I am not here for long on each stay, so I gave myself an average of 2 to 3 hours a week. Now if you went by how often I check the forums ... well that is another answer entirely!

xaspirationcomplete.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Fo8QEQtNII.jpg
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    2-3 hours
    I am just a new member right now, so I don't spend much time here.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited January 2018
    10 or more
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    I picked 2 to 3, back in the day I would easily clock over 10 hours a week but with the Sims 3 Forums dying down and life getting busier I am here a lot less. Like some others I check in several times a day on most says but I am not here for long on each stay, so I gave myself an average of 2 to 3 hours a week. Now if you went by how often I check the forums ... well that is another answer entirely!

xaspirationcomplete.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Fo8QEQtNII.jpg

I'm not too sure that the TS3 forums is dying down as we still have a lot of threads over there being commented on everyday. We have the "What happened in your Sims game today?" thread that is now 2298 pages long as we still have people commenting in it everyday all day long. Plus we've had new threads being made where people have polls in them to see what people like to do in the game to what music genre that they like to what do you have your Sims do first thing in the morning. So I wouldn't say that the TS3 forums are dying down... ;)

Edit to say that we still get new and/or returning TS3 players to that section all of the time either because they either miss TS3 or have gotten bored with TS4 or that the new player may have never played TS3 until after they have played TS4 and they wanted to see what TS3 was about and they've fallen in love with TS3... :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    10 or more
    This forum is my social media. :)

I've been ditching Facebook because there's less drama here...

And I need less drama in my life. :star:

I love the friendships I've made here. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited January 2018
    10 or more
    I spend 10 or more as well. I don't use any other social media and have made many friends here, so this is a great place to spend time chatting with friends and seeing what is going on in their games. The sims 3 forums are still quite active. New threads pop up daily and new members pop in the threads on a daily basis. Many sims 3 players are also sims 4 players and participate in both sides of the forums. Many Sims 4 players are discovering the fun in Sims 3 as they become disheartened with the issues with Sims 4 and are participating in the forums and finding help for issues that they do have.
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    6-7 hours
    About 6-7 hours, mostly on TS3 boards (What Happened In Your Game Today is my favorite!). I love this forum :wink:
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    4-5 hours
    I have no life hahaha
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    1-2 hours
    I just checked in this week though I've been a member since 2014. I'll try to be active. T_T
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    2-3 hours
    2 to 3 hours for me, maybe. I work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day so most of my free time during the weekdays is spent with the family. Weekends are the time I lurk on the forums, kind of as a way to unwind if I'm not playing. I like to see what everyone is up to. :)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    2-3 hours
    This is a very hard question for me to answer because although I usually check in several times a day I only read few threads and always have avoided the most crowded forum areas. So I don’t use much time reading and I am usually here only for a few minutes if I don’t write anything. But often my messages are quite long and time goes fast when I write. So when this happens I can be here must longer than just a few minutes at the time. So I actually don’t really know how long I am here in average each week because it changes quite much.
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    5-6 hours
    I have no idea. I randomly click this site on without thinking several times a day.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    1-2 hours
    I dip in and out inbetween checking the news, online shopping, email, and housework, so it probably adds up to this. Sometimes if I can't sleep or feel lonely it is good to find other Simmers awake around the world.
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    10 or more
    I spend a lot of time on the forums, It's usually open in a tab in the background while I'm doing work. I don't tend to use social media so the forums fill the void as a place to get away from RL for a bit after a long day.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    6-7 hours
    I gave myself an hour a day, but I probably overestimated. Like others I check in and out and many times I have it open in the background so it's hard to tell.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    1-2 hours
    Most weeks, 1-2. Probably seems like more :) It for sure used to be more, but I skim over topics more now than I used to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    10 or more
    One of my Windows is always open on The Sims Forums, even when I'm doing other things. Which means I'm rarely if ever off the forums.

Conclusion: I have no life. :confounded:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~