Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @eXokamikaze Happy happy birthday! Those are great looking cake pictures.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

cake where ? i want some.
    edited January 2018

cake where ? i want some.
    @friendsfan367 Here... under spoilers...
    Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! Makes today extra special for me, that's for sure - thanks for remembering even though I haven't been around much. :)

Work has been very hectic this January, but I hope things will calm down soon. We'll be celebrating Chinese New Year next month so I think people will be in a better mood, which helps!

I'm so grateful for each and everyone of you! This community of writers is amazing. <3

*ninjapig brings by lots of delicious birthday cake for everyone* What's a birthday without sharing cake, after all? Especially ninjapig coloured slices. ;)
    layercake.jpg

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    edited January 2018
    So I just made this, for those who follow peoples legacy until the latest, or those who don't care about spoilers I just made a video of people's legacy genealogy.
    https://youtu.be/5UHyDjWG80E
    should probably add music but I don't know where to find royalty free one hehe
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi Everyone! A new chapter is up for the Wolf Pack Challenge. This is the first challenge that I have ever played on short lifespan and it is making me nervous for my character, Rusty. I am going to have to come up with a strategy to make mega simoleons. I do have a few ideas, though, so I guess we'll see how I do. Cross your fingers for Rusty.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/01/27/wolf-pack-challenge-ch-2-day-2-a-little-shack-called-home

out_lovely_fifi.png
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hey there, I was wondering; what are everyone's thoughts on addressing agender/genderless characters in narration?

The chapter I'm currently writing introduces an agender character who uses they/them pronouns. I'm worried that this might become confusing if I refer to them this way during the narrative. Would having a singular character referred to as 'they' confuse you? If so, would it be better for me (as the narrator) to always address them by name/some other title? Any other ideas?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! A new chapter is up for the Wolf Pack Challenge. This is the first challenge that I have ever played on short lifespan and it is making me nervous for my character, Rusty. I am going to have to come up with a strategy to make mega simoleons. I do have a few ideas, though, so I guess we'll see how I do. Cross your fingers for Rusty.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/01/27/wolf-pack-challenge-ch-2-day-2-a-little-shack-called-home

out_lovely_fifi.png

not to be a party pooper but thats a dog. lol.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey there, I was wondering; what are everyone's thoughts on addressing agender/genderless characters in narration?

The chapter I'm currently writing introduces an agender character who uses they/them pronouns. I'm worried that this might become confusing if I refer to them this way during the narrative. Would having a singular character referred to as 'they' confuse you? If so, would it be better for me (as the narrator) to always address them by name/some other title? Any other ideas?

I wouldn't find it confusing. @simscognito has a character that is a tiny bit similar (I don't really want to compare them. :# ) who uses both he/him & she/her pronouns. I don't find it too confusing because cog explained it. Maybe explain it briefly so the readers understand. You only need to bring it up once in an author's note or something to stop confusion. :) I am not the best person to give advice so feel free to ignore this...
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I wouldn't find it confusing. @simscognito has a character that is a tiny bit similar (I don't really want to compare them. :# ) who uses both he/him & she/her pronouns. I don't find it too confusing because cog explained it. Maybe explain it briefly so the readers understand. You only need to bring it up once in an author's note or something to stop confusion. :) I am not the best person to give advice so feel free to ignore this...

That's probably a good idea. :) I hadn't thought to use an author's note at all. Thanks for the input!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited January 2018

That's probably a good idea. :) I hadn't thought to use an author's note at all. Thanks for the input!

@IchigoUsagi there's a tv series called Billions that has an agender character called Taylor with the same pronouns. What they did was have Taylor state what their pronouns were in their first meeting with the boss. It wasn't cheesy at all, trust me.
    Post edited by simscognito on
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I cut pineapple/did the entire fruit almost entirely on my own!!! @CathyTea
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I cut pineapple/did the entire fruit almost entirely on my own!!! @CathyTea

Awesome! Way to go, @MadameLee !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Hi everyone, here's an update on what I've been working on.

And the new cover reveal...
    cropped-cover.jpg?w=474&h=356

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    I'm strange...
    it's 8.30 at night (roughly) and I'm eating fried eggs and bacon.... It's also my tea (dinner for anyone who prefers that term)
    I'm strange...
    it's 8.30 at night (roughly) and I'm eating fried eggs and bacon.... It's also my tea (dinner for anyone who prefers that term)

That's not too strange, @Bugsie2016. I eat breakfast any time of the day or night! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I am a monster! >:)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

Did you kill a sim/character??
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited January 2018
    @simscognito @AdamsEve1231 guess who I just tried to make in CAS? (Hint: A teacher)

A2TZQAt.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Munterbacon what did you do? :o

Did you kill a sim/character??

*shifty eyes* No comment. ;)

dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    I finally decided to get the height slider mod, considering Shaela is supposed to be so much taller than everyone else. It took a bit of playing around, some of the variables looks weird but I'm happy with this one:

01-28-18_11-34-24c2a0am-e1517092525307.png
    dustshaela.jpg
    I'm having another Q & A session over on my thread on Claude. Posting here in case lurkers want to ask me questions. :)
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @Munterbacon That's a very cool idea! I'm 4'9" and always think my simself looks out of place. :D

How is everyone doing this fine Saturday?

I just got home from the dentist. Had a wisdom tooth removed and definitely feeling less wise at the moment. It ended up being a deeper root than the dentist expected and now I'm on stronger pain meds than I thought I'd be on! Feeling loopy. Curled up in bed to catch up on simlit. I may or may not lurk here / fall asleep. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Karilan wrote: »
    @Munterbacon That's a very cool idea! I'm 4'9" and always think my simself looks out of place. :D

How is everyone doing this fine Saturday?

I just got home from the dentist. Had a wisdom tooth removed and definitely feeling less wise at the moment. It ended up being a deeper root than the dentist expected and now I'm on stronger pain meds than I thought I'd be on! Feeling loopy. Curled up in bed to catch up on simlit. I may or may not lurk here / fall asleep. :)

So, I'm not that small then??? I'm 5 ft 5.5 inches. 5 ft 6 inches on weekdays (shoes!) I'm considered kinda small but then that's compared to my 'little' bro who's nearly 6ft (I have no idea exactly how tall)... :lol:

Anyway, enough of my height. I'm doing good! I hope that you're okay and the pain doesn't hit when the pain meds wear off (apparently that's a thing, I don't know from personal experience though)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top