Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Build A World! - Ville D'Amore

keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
Hey all! You've probably seen my community worlds thread floating about the forum by now, and in it @FilipeSims and myself basically made our own fan art maps in TS4's style and decorated them with lots made by players here on the forums. That project has come to a close now purely because of how long it took to make and decorate the maps, it was exhausting, but my thanks to everyone who participated!

So now, I thought I'd tackle the challenge of actually making my own physical world (non-functional of course!) inspired by my favourite of the maps I drew, Ville D'Amore:

ville_d_amore__ts4_community_worlds_project__by_hazzaplumbob-dazv2s1.png

I'll be using Blender to create the base of the world and decorating it with objects taken directly from TS4 using Sims 4 Studio, as well as my own created buildings and props.
This is sort of an on-going side project and I'll just keep updating it whenever I can, but feedback is of course always appreciated and if by chance there are any Blender artists among the community that want to join in, well the more the merrier!

So let's get started, and again before anyone asks, no this world is not functional!

A little insight into the world... Ville D'Amore is inspired by two cities in the world that I am very fond of, Venice and Paris, it's a coastal city overlooked by snowy mountains to the east and surrounded by hilly vineyards to the north, it has a beautiful view of the ocean and the most magnificent sunsets.

Ville D'Amore is a centuries-old city built atop the sands of the Simiterranean coastline. Known to the locals simply as 'Amore' this city has been voted the number one destination for honeymooning couples.
This city of romance offers a wide range of amorous activities for couples, hop in a gondola and enjoy a dreamy afternoon of punting along the canals, stroll on down to the harbour and dine on a seductive luncheon of oysters and champagne, browse the many delicatessens and boutiques that line the cobbled streets of Amore and say "ti amo" with a special gift of chocolate truffles and a bouquet of red roses for your true love.
Check into one of the luxurious lovers suites at our many 5 star hotels and embrace your other half as you watch the hot Simiterranean sun set from your balcony overlooking the sea.
Make your night even more special with an assortment of purfumes and colognes, some sexy underwear for the gentlemen, and frisky lingerie for the ladies, then dim the lights and draw the curtains, light a couple of scented candles and enjoy a night of passion in the most romantic place on Earth, Ville D'Amore.

Architecture is mainly Parisian with a little Italian twist, the central plaza is the main focus of the town and packed with storefronts and townhouses. Below the plaza is going to be a harbour with luxury yachts and fancy Parisian apartments. Uptown will be some parks and maybe a vineyard as well as some cheaper houses. I'd also like to incorporate a hotair balloon park where your Sims can take an aerial tour of the city. Finally keeping in style with Venice, the town will be full of waterways and canals!

Here are some very early images I took of the plaza, they're only really to get a feel of the ambience of the world, as you can see it has some stunning sunsets!

tumblr_oy2kg9OI1w1wuh33qo2_1280.png
tumblr_oy2kg9OI1w1wuh33qo1_1280.png
tumblr_oy2kg9OI1w1wuh33qo3_1280.png
tumblr_oy2ofcQMVJ1wuh33qo1_1280.png
Post edited by keylimepiesims on

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    A few shots of the harbour, I love the reflection on the water! :blush:

tumblr_oy35metJpP1wuh33qo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oy35metJpP1wuh33qo2_1280.png
  • beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    I wish it was real! I love the sunset and these beautiful colors together!
    pncFLnjBj
    beladani wrote: »
    I wish it was real! I love the sunset and these beautiful colors together!

I know I wish I could be making it for real as well, but until we get a CAW tool we're stuck with the worlds the sims team give us. Thank you though, I really wanted this world to stand out from the others so I went with a bright vibrant sunset vibe. I like to think that sunset here would last longer than in the other worlds, it's my favourite time of day! :blush:
  • beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    Do you know something about CAW? Are there any modders, who tried to make a tool for that?
    pncFLnjBj
    beladani wrote: »
    Do you know something about CAW? Are there any modders, who tried to make a tool for that?

I believe Zerbu might have been attempting to make a world editor? But I've no idea if he is continuing to work on that.
    Few more shots of the plaza and harbour, finally got some buildings going!

tumblr_oy8ekga6o11wuh33qo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oy8ekga6o11wuh33qo2_1280.png
    tumblr_oy8ekga6o11wuh33qo4_1280.png
    tumblr_oy8ekga6o11wuh33qo5_1280.png
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    This truly looks sensational
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited October 2017
    That’s beyond beautiful
    It’s funny because I was actually planning on doing the something similar during school break (or if I had the time to do so). But I know it wouldn’t look as beautiful as yours (I’m new to all this). But I still Want to do it because it’s something that motivates me and that’s good for practice

But you really are talented. I hope I end up as skilled as you.

I know I’m being repetitive but it really is wonderful
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    This kinda makes me mad, I mean common Eaxis you can do better than that
  • SimsRMyLifeSimsRMyLife Posts: 39 Member
    This is beautiful! Love the sunset colors!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2017
    This makes me want a Mediterranean world in The Sims 4! :)

As a suggestion, it would be interesting to see if you could include custom stands (like the food stands in City Living/ Cats & Dogs) that sell souvenirs of Ville D'Amore or even nectar (because nectar (wine) is Mediterranean and romantic :D )!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    Just WOW! <3
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• dbfadbfa Posts: 10 New Member
    Wow this is amazing
  • Mariah_1254Mariah_1254 Posts: 48 Member
    WOW I love the colors! Beautiful ambiance
    W4ml882.png
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Fantastic, Maxis should hire you!
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    It's amazing! I really hope that the creation of own worlds will become possible soon!
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
  • Nikole1111Nikole1111 Posts: 36 Member
    I can't wait until its finished
  • WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77WUBBAWUBBADUBDUB77 Posts: 52 Member
    [quote="keylimepiesims;c-16101517"]Few more shots of the plaza and harbour, finally got some buildings going!
    Amazing!! We definetly need a new newcrest-type of vacant world and it looks stunning!
  • HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    This is gorgeous.
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    You are amazing! I really hope a CAW tool comes out you would be the master of it!
  • hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Amazing. I really hope we get the CAW tool someday. It would be great to have different kind of worlds.
  • MorieTrisMorieTris Posts: 56 Member
    Wow, this is amazing! This is some next-level stuff. "Can't make my own world in TS4? Just you watch." That's some incredible dedication you have.
    JMppbSi.png
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    They should hire you - this is really quite spectacular! <3
  • HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    This is cool!!!
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    Wow EA needs to hire you, amazing concept
    mJoj-3.gif