Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Dog

I just loaded up my next house in rotation, and my sim's dog is GONE! How did this even happen? They have a cat and dog. Is there a way that I can get the dog back? Why would the game git rid of their dog?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    The dog probably ran away. Try having one of its owner's put up a missing dog notice. I think you can access it on the computer or the phone. My Sim family got their dog back.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Okay, thanks! I will try that.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Okay, thanks! I will try that.

Is the dog still part of your family and just greyed out? Like a picture of it is still next to your sims. That's what happened when my cat ran away. The game suggested I post like the OP said. But if the dog isn't even in your family, then I doubt it ran away. I hope it's the first. After the puppies were born, one of my sims and the set of triplets completely disappeared. That is likely a mod issue, though. I hope your dog comes back. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    No, his picture is gone. Awwww so the game purged him? This is so sad. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    No, his picture is gone. Awwww so the game purged him? This is so sad. :(

But the question is why? Can you go back another save? Or have you saved the family to your gallery? I think I might do that after I recover my sims. Just in case. lol In fact, if I can't get my sims to recover, I'll take the new pups and dogs, save them to my gallery, and delete the old dogs and replace them with the dog family (if I can do that).
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Sadly no. I need to do individual saves, but I haven't up to this point, so I can't go back to a save before the dog vanished.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Did the dog die from old age?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that your dog has gone missing :(
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, and see if the dog is there. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

No, he wasn't even half way through his adult life yet.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, and see if the dog is there. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

I play multiple families, and I should really save them individually, but I haven't. Would I still be able to go back to a previous save?

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Sadly no. I need to do individual saves, but I haven't up to this point, so I can't go back to a save before the dog vanished.

Besides what Rose said to do, the only other thought I have is to:

1. Restart your computer and then restart the save again.
    2. Clear out your caches.

3. If neither of those work, then I'd repair your game to see if that fixes it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I think I'll just make them a new dog at this point. And also make a new save. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    I think I'll just make them a new dog at this point. And also make a new save. :D

Yeah, if you don't care that much, that's what I'd do too. :D At least you aren't too upset by it. :smiley:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    lol I actually was, but I just had to remind myself that this is just a game. :D I think I would be more upset if the family actually reacted to the dog being gone.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

Hello

I play multiple families, and I should really save them individually, but I haven't. Would I still be able to go back to a previous save?

You can still go back to an earlier save if you play multiple families in the save. It will be earlier stage in the save game though, so you will be missing some of the game progress that you had since that time.
  • Options

Hello

You can still go back to an earlier save if you play multiple families in the save. It will be earlier stage in the save game though, so you will be missing some of the game progress that you had since that time.

Ah, okay. Well I have a lot that I would end up having to do over again. So I think this time around I'm just going to make a new dog for their family.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Is your family with the dog still saved in your library? Maybe you can merge the dog from the library with the family in the world, so they'll have the same dog again?
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    They are saved in my library but way before I added the pets. Even before they had two other children. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is why I always back up pets I'd like to keep around in my Library just in case things like this happen!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I do have an update. Apparently the dog died. :/ He was no where to aging to an elder when I left their house, and I was only gone for seven to eight sim days. I found his urn in the living room. Guess now I need to look for an age adjuster for pets. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I do have an update. Apparently the dog died. :/ He was no where to aging to an elder when I left their house, and I was only gone for seven to eight sim days. I found his urn in the living room. Guess now I need to look for an age adjuster for pets. lol

The vet sells age up and age down treats if you play with aging on. I play with aging off, but you might want to look at your settings and set it to age active family only. That way it wouldn't happen again.
  • Options
    I think I might just look into how to adjust pet aging to match my sims aging. I play in rotation, and like the fact that sims will age while you aren't playing them. Similar to my Sims 3 game in that fashion. I also don't like to give my sims age "hacks", so hopefully editing the ages will work. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    You might also try checking the "not in world" households....the dog may be in there. When I was testing giving up pets for adoption, I noticed a cat that I put up for adoption was in there with his own nameless household. So it's possible your dog got moved into there and, if so, you could merge the dog back into the household.