Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Good [Insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] everybody! I was writing a future chapter for TIOL that got me thinking about antagonists, so of course that got me wondering about how other people go about writing them. Does your story have an antagonist? More than one? Do you write them as pure evil? Do they have a good side/good sides? Or is/are your main character(s) more of the bad guy(s)?

I can't really give my thoughts on this one because it would probably go way too far into spoiler territory, but I will say that I can say yes to just about every one of the questions I've asked- just to make sure you're extra confused. :p

Okay @IchigoUsagi , I'm guessing Vincent is a baddie??? :smiley:

I have no idea how to answer that question, because when I write my characters, I see things from their perspective. In fact, this is going to sound weird, I am them when I write them. So I suppose there is no one of 'pure evil' in my opinion. One question I can answer is yes they are all bad guys... Is that how you guys feel? I don't know. I don't really know who the antagonist is either, or maybe I do,... Ah well, more confusion for my readers. I know you love it, eh @Bugsie2016? (I'm thinking about the family tree). :D

I'm not going to confirm or deny that. ;)

I'd say that all of your characters are bad guys, even if they aren't all bad guys, :D you know? Some of them seem like good people, even if they are all basically villains.

@IchigoUsagi He's a bad guy if
    he breaks up my fav couple!
    No exceptions!!!! :D
    Ah sweet. Yeah, I think you're right there. Especially Henry, a sweetie but...
    he did support the killing of aunty

Oh yeah, Henry did do that, didn't he? It's fine, it's all for the greater good *cough*Halex*cough*. :D
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Good [Insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] everybody! I was writing a future chapter for TIOL that got me thinking about antagonists, so of course that got me wondering about how other people go about writing them. Does your story have an antagonist? More than one? Do you write them as pure evil? Do they have a good side/good sides? Or is/are your main character(s) more of the bad guy(s)?

I can't really give my thoughts on this one because it would probably go way too far into spoiler territory, but I will say that I can say yes to just about every one of the questions I've asked- just to make sure you're extra confused. :p

@IchigoUsagi I don't know about my story maybe @CathyTea @simscognito can explain about my bad guys better then I can. I have 2 bad guys in Gen 2, 2 bad guys in Gen 3 (one of them being the same as Gen 2), in Gen 4-one bad guy-the twin sister of the heiress. Gen 5-one head bad guy and 3 underlings-one who gets double crossed by the head. Gen 6-2-one who is "the head" from Gen 5 and the other one is the Foster Step-Mother of the heiress. Gen 7-a whole rack of them-mostly of the heiress and her twin's age. At one point the heiress was a bad guy for a couple of chapters herself.

@MadameLee your bad guys cover all the ranges, I'm pretty sure.
    Whovever's got Henry gives me the creeps. That's if that is what has happened with him. I think you've already mentioned that he may have been kidnapped?? I'm not sure if I'm mixing it up with the dream sequence, which was also scary.

@simscognito remember Henry is
    at war
    if you familiar with the MCU universe think something similar to
    Tony Stark
    in the first Iron Man movie (not the disability-I mean!!).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

I have no idea how to answer that question, because when I write my characters, I see things from their perspective. In fact, this is going to sound weird, I am them when I write them. So I suppose there is no one of 'pure evil' in my opinion. One question I can answer is yes they are all bad guys... Is that how you guys feel? I don't know. I don't really know who the antagonist is either, or maybe I do,... Ah well, more confusion for my readers. I know you love it, eh @Bugsie2016? (I'm thinking about the family tree). :D

I'd say that all of your characters are bad guys, even if they aren't all bad guys, :D you know? Some of them seem like good people, even if they are all basically villains.

Oh yeah, Henry did do that, didn't he? It's fine, it's all for the greater good *cough*Halex*cough*. :D

@IchigoUsagi *cough*Mulivan4life*cough* Vincent! Stay away!

@MadameLee Not seen the Iron Man movie. Hmmm... I might have to watch it, if it's going to give me some clues as to what's up with
    Henry
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited January 2018

@IchigoUsagi *cough*Mulivan4life*cough* Vincent! Stay away!

@MadameLee Not seen the Iron Man movie. Hmmm... I might have to watch it, if it's going to give me some clues as to what's up with
    Henry

@simscognito
    Kendal Wade like the villain in the First Iron Man tells the people-I forgot the villian sqaud is in the MCU- to reap off someone (MCU) [ but then the (villain squad realize (after kidnapping who the person is (Tony/Henry G )
    but my question is why would the Swansons who their boyfriends be in a Russia-Afghanistan-Germany type news?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Interesting question! I'm loving the responses so far. @pronterus I'm that much more interested in your story now!

My main legacy doesn't really have villains, but Pine Point definitely does but is very much written from the perspective of "heroes".

Glassbolt Prison is, of course, full of villains. The setting is a prison for people with life sentences. I've done my best so far to give the main characters "less severe" crimes that landed them a life sentence, but that will soon change...
    ...the second generation is going to feature murkier water, and the third generation will be completely villainous. Though this seems spoilery, it's something I intend to make public on my story page soon because I don't want to draw in any readers now that might be uncomfortable with it in the future.

I'm looking forward to writing from a villain's perspective, because I know it's going to be huge literary and emotional challenge!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    I know it's super late to be posting anything but, I was too excited.
    I posted the first chapter of my Legacy!

Here it is!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    January 26 is @Jes2G 's birthday! So, my SimSelf invited her over... and Asparagus Tea (that's the cat) fell in love...

jes.png

Bonus... because cats...

jes2.png

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Aww that's a gorgeous pic @CathyTea ! <3
    Happy birthday @Jes2G ! Love your stories. You have a great sense of humour and I love how you always post updates, when it's morning where I live, which gets me up and ready to start the day. :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    January 26 is @Jes2G 's birthday! So, my SimSelf invited her over... and Asparagus Tea (that's the cat) fell in love...

jes.png

Bonus... because cats...

jes2.png

did you make up aaparugus tea . never mind i think you combined 2 of your faves veges and teas.
    edited January 2018

jes.png

Bonus... because cats...

jes2.png

happy birthday troublemaker. i mean jes. she knows i love her.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    did you make up aaparugus tea . never mind i think you combined 2 of your faves veges and teas.

I didn't make up Asparagus! Asparagus was a stray, the second one my SimSelf adopted, who was super friendly and lovely... and since our last name is Tea, we now have Asparagus Tea (which actually sounds kinda gross, because have you ever drank the water that asparagus has been steamed in? Ick!)

The other strays we adopted are Mr. Business Tea and Hildy Tea. They're lovely! :)

(And Mr. Business had kittens with BOTH Hildy and Aparagus [and neither got jealous] so now we have... seven cats in the house! :o )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Hi all! I've got another question (because apparently I'm full of those) to ask. What's your favorite genre to read, and does you writing mostly fall under that genre?

My favourite genre to read is Fantasy and you a lot of fantasy aspects in Ironbound. Even though it's set in a Sci-Fi universe I pull most of my inspiration from Fantasy.

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    One of my sims dogs got the randomized name asparagus. He's a cutie though. xD the name made me giggle. But i think Asparagus tea sounds even better! I love it! xD
    Does your story have an antagonist? More than one? Do you write them as pure evil? Do they have a good side/good sides? Or is/are your main character(s) more of the bad guy(s)?

Ironbound has a few characters that would be labeled as antagonists. I won't go into too much detail but let's just say I try to make them multifaceted but true to my fantasy roots, it's often not all revealed up front! ;)>:)

dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

jes.png

Bonus... because cats...

jes2.png

Happy Birthday @jes2G !!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Aww that's a gorgeous pic @CathyTea ! <3
    Happy birthday @Jes2G ! Love your stories. You have a great sense of humour and I love how you always post updates, when it's morning where I live, which gets me up and ready to start the day. :)

theres4 hours difference between jes and me so i would have to get up at 2 am.i'm 4 behind.
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @Jes2G Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day :)
    Shadami wrote: »
    One of my sims dogs got the randomized name asparagus. He's a cutie though. xD the name made me giggle. But i think Asparagus tea sounds even better! I love it! xD

I like the random names and how they show up a lot! There are quite a few Nibblers, which I think is a cute name.

Have you seen a Senator Jones or a Mr. Business?

Those names crack me up! They really fit, though! :)

I like the random names and how they show up a lot! There are quite a few Nibblers, which I think is a cute name.

my weidest pet radom name was booger.
    I'm bored... Does anyone need any sims made? :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    I'm bored... Does anyone need any sims made? :D

i'm not in genration 2 yet but if the 4 kids age up and want to get married or remarried i would need females.

rats i forgot to write again. bad munter i forgot that i forgot til you showed up. i guess i don't yet but stand by just in case i need you.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Karilan wrote: »

Interesting question! I'm loving the responses so far. @pronterus I'm that much more interested in your story now!

That's awesome @Karilan I hope you enjoy reading it :)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

jes.png

Bonus... because cats...

jes2.png

Happy Birthday @Jes2G
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I haven't actually played with too many of the pets yet. It's why I'm doing a 101 dalmation challenge xD
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

Oh yes when I read about Senator Jones in your story, I laughed for over a minute xD
    And also the time I was adopting a puppy and there were two 'Fidget's. Cute name, but a paperwork nightmare :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top