Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Having one or two more members is fine, in case any of us suddenly go inactive.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    That's fine with me as well. As for the order, maybe we could have it in order of when we joined?
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    So that would be @pronterus @simscognito @chalicen @IchigoUsagi. Have I missed anyone and is that an order everyone's alright with?
    edited January 2018
    Having said that, I think is should be in reversed order, to allow the new people to have a chance in the spotlight, since I went before @pronterus originally. How does everyone else feel?
    I don't think you missed anyone. Whichever way more people are in favor of is fine with me. :)
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    I'm terrible at organising things, I'll leave it all up to you. That being said, it sounds great! :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Having said that, I think is should be in reversed order, to allow the new people to have a chance in the spotlight, since I went before @pronterus originally. How does everyone else feel?

Yeah, that works. The order can be @IchigoUsagi @chalicen @simscognito @pronterus :)

So after my weekly spotlight, we can focus on @IchigoUsagi 's story.
    Works for me! :) I'll try to have another chapter or two up by then.
    pronterus wrote: »

Yeah, that works. The order can be @IchigoUsagi @chalicen @simscognito @pronterus :)

So after my weekly spotlight, we can focus on @IchigoUsagi 's story.

Awesome! Speaking of which, I still have those questions to answer, @pronterus regarding your first arc. I'll get round to it either today or tomorrow. :)
    Works for me! :) I'll try to have another chapter or two up by then.

Ah cool @IchigoUsagi ! I'm still betting
    Vincent's a reluctant Villain >:)
    Okay, I was being cheeky. :D Can't wait for the next chapter. :) Need to know if my fav couple's okay.
    (By the way, I meant halfway there as in halfway through the two chapters I hope to have up by Monday- not halfway through the whole story. I'm enjoying writing this way too much to be halfway done already!)
    Okay @pronterus , I'm going to answer the questions for the first arc now.
    If you've heard of character alignments, which alignments do you think the major characters would fall under? (e.g. Lawful Good, Neutral Evil, etc.)
    I'm not that familiar with character alignments but I'll give it a go.
    Doc: Hmm... maybe Evil, but I don't really see him as such, since he does have a, somewhat, good heart. Yes, he's a bad guy, but he's a bad guy that's capable of attachments, such as the one he has for Antonio. Maybe neutral, wavering on bad. As for Lawful, I think he abides by a law of his own.
    Preston: Good. No more said. :D
    Antonio: Good, but may waver to neutral later. I just have a feeling he's going to do that. XD
    Park: I have no idea, to be honest. I'm sure he is a bit bad, since he's an art forger, but whether he's evil??? I think I need to learn more about him to make a proper judgement.

What do you think about the action scenes so far?
    I think it's quite comic. When I was reading it, it felt like I was watching one of those comedy action tv shows. It was fun.

Any questions about parts of the arc that seemed unclear?
    I did have to read some of the passages again in the live action scene, because I got a bit confused. I'm not sure if that's not just me though.
    Hi guys, sorry I've been a bit busy this week. I'm rather behind on reading, but I'll definitely answer the second set of questions, even if I answer them late. Have I mentioned I love all your stories? <3 Don't kill meeee
    edited January 2018
    chalicen wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry I've been a bit busy this week. I'm rather behind on reading, but I'll definitely answer the second set of questions, even if I answer them late. Have I mentioned I love all your stories? <3 Don't kill meeee

Ah no problem @chalicen . We've all been there with busy weeks and falling behind on reading. Take your time. I think it's always best not rush reading, anyway, because you get more out of it then. Which is why I'm taking so long to read @pronterus's story, because I want to absorb all the info in each chapter. Nice to see you again anyway, and I thought your latest chapter was sweet. :)
    EDIT: Just realised you released a new chapter. Better go off to read that.
    You and @IchigoUsagi just had to release chapters while I was out. :D

No worries, @chalicen ! And oh, I have to go read that new chapter now! :)
    Hi @pronterus @IchigoUsagi @chalicen

Thank you @pronterus for those entertaining and insightful questions to your story last week. I particularly loved thinking about where I'd place each of the characters on the good and evil spectrum. XD

This week we shall be focusing on @IchigoUsagi 's The Illusion of Light

@IchigoUsagi feel free to ask us questions about your story.

Also @pronterus and @chalicen if you have any questions regarding @IchigoUsagi 's story, you can ask them as well.

Hope you all enjoy. :)
    @simscognito @chalicen @pronterus I guess my main question would be; what do you think of each of the characters introduced so far? As my stories tend to be fairly character driven, I want to make sure they come across similarly to how I intend for them to. I also just think it's interesting to find out how different people end up feeling about my characters. :) I can't really think of any other big questions right now, but I'll come up with more to ask as the week progresses.
    What do you think of each of the characters so far?

Vincent:
    You know how I feel about him. He is really frustrating me right now, because he is so innocent and a bit plummy (plum intended). I think it's very sad, however, that he is beginning to forget what it was like in the human world. He's also forgetting just how good Marshall was to him on his first day, which should have been enough to make Vincent respect Marshall's wishes. But kids can be way too selfish and curious at times. (Now I'm beginning to sound like Sullivan!) :D I'd be really interested to know how his parents are coping. I also wonder if they'll ever go looking for him in the afterlife...
    Acacia:
    Don't like her. I love the idea of the character, just like Vincent, but I don't like her, if you get what I mean? XD She is way too smug. That is how she comes across. She knows she has everyone wrapped around her finger, and she is very well going to use that to her advantage.
    Marshall:
    Love him. Anymore I need to say? I think I've discussed the Good Ship Mullivan to death in your thread, but am very happy to say it all again. XD Marshall is loving, kind, understanding, sweet - I mean, so patient. He's stuck in-between Sullivan and Vincent who I can imagine are rather exhausting at times and he handles them really well. <3<3<3
    Sullivan:
    Love him too, although he is a very flawed individual. I, however, can totally understand where he's coming from. He's the outsider in the family and it is clear he gets bullied pretty badly. With Marshall, though, we can see the sweet, gentle, vulnerable side to him. I think he's kinda cute.
    The Desrosiers:
    Don't know much about them, but they're scary.
    What do you think of each of the characters so far?

Vincent: He's a sweet kid, and I feel bad for him. Everything considered, he's dealing with everything rather well, I think. I'd have been a wreck. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow as a character :)

Acacia: Well she ain't a typical kid. She's more of a scheming woman in the body of a kid. She scares me a bit xD Someone I'd avoid in real life, because if anyone will find any dirt on me, it's her. That said, I'd love to have dirt on anyone else. Not that I'd be any good at using it to my advantage, like her, but it'd be fun, you know? Like I look at someone and they'll be mean to me and I'll just think 'I know your deepest most shameful secrets!!' ...I'm going off topic here. In conclusion, she scares me a bit xD

Sullivan: I don't like him as a human person, but I like his character. He's like a cactus, all prickly but vulnerable inside. That being said, he's not the lovable type. Interested to see how he develops too :D

Marshall: To me he's a slippery one. Yeah he seems like a nice sweet guy, but I am a suspicious person and I do not trust that guy. I do not trust anyone that's that nice!! I'm silently hoping he's just using Sullivan, so when Sullivan finds out he'll go through some agonising character transformations hehe...

Lady Desrosiers: She hasn't shown much of herself, but she seems to be the typical posh, lofty vampire. I get the feeling she and Acacia are alike, so maybe she schemes too? Or maybe I just think that because both of them think so differently from humans. I need to get to know her better before forming an opinion xD
    edited January 2018
    OMG @chalicen we have the exact opposite reactions to the characters. :o Poor @IchigoUsagi won't know what to think. :D
    I do sneakily hope you're not right about Marshall, or I'll be crying, but I see what you mean, although, I didn't really see him as 'too nice,' but more calculating. However, I didn't really see the calculating part of him as such a big deal, but maybe I was just reading him through rose coloured spectacles as @IchigoUsagi knows I do. :D
    OMG @chalicen we have the exact opposite reactions to the characters. :o Poor @IchigoUsagi won't know what to think. :D
    I do sneakily hope you're not right about Marshall, or I'll be crying, but I see what you mean, although, I didn't really see him as 'too nice,' but more calculating. However, I didn't really see the calculating part of him as such a big deal, but maybe I was just reading him through rose coloured spectacles as @IchigoUsagi knows I do. :D

Lol too true xD I think I only see that calculating bit of him out of the corner of my eye, almost subconsciously, so I think 'what a nice guy' while my subconsciousness yells 'WARNING!! HE'S GONNA BETRAY THE WORLD!!' Aw Sullivan, it'd be so plum for the guy if Marshall betrays him I know, but I'm a horrible person like that and I like seeing characters emerge from misery hardened xD
    edited January 2018

Lol too true xD I think I only see that calculating bit of him out of the corner of my eye, almost subconsciously, so I think 'what a nice guy' while my subconsciousness yells 'WARNING!! HE'S GONNA BETRAY THE WORLD!!' Aw Sullivan, it'd be so plum for the guy if Marshall betrays him I know, but I'm a horrible person like that and I like seeing characters emerge from misery hardened xD

Hmmm.... you see I'm more worried about Acacia and how she'll ruin the Mullivan relationship... but maybe @IchigoUsagi might create a twist. Oh dear, I hope we're not giving her any ideas.... :(

Hmmm.... you see I'm more worried about Acacia and how she'll ruin the Mullivan relationship... but maybe @IchigoUsagi might create a twist. Oh dear, I hope we're not giving her any ideas.... :(

Well if this is any consolation, I doubt she would ruin it... It's leverage, after all xD But who knows?? Like I said that girl's scary!