Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Feedback and Expectations

124...Next

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    We should really be able to have both
    BUT if only one was able to be implemented for whatever reason, I'd say A. Multi-tasking is fine and all, but it also seems to be the root of a lot of things not being possible. Multi-tasking as it is in TS4 really needs to be brushed up on.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I personally don't want to have to choose, you know?
    For the next The Sims game (if there is one), it should step forward, not backwards by limiting us again.

I'm sure that by then, they'll have figured out how to fix the issue, anyway. Hopefully, at least.
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I'm going to have to answer um.. with a C. Let me explain
    I'd chose B.-Multitasking, because it is a fundamental game play feature and it would more than likely be impossible to add in later. It affects every interaction and how they interlink with each other, bla bla bla... I think I'd have a hard time playing without it. So I'd chose B. obviously because toddlers can always be added in later. Perhaps they might be more difficult to implement because of multitasking, but it's worth having both that way in my opinion.

Now if you meant you can only chose one or the other, with no possible additions later. Then I would chose A. Provided they are like the ones in Sims 2 and not 3. I'd rather have Multitasking than Sims 3 babies/toddlers, I didn't enjoy them as much as I enjoy multitasking.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    C. Both. XD Just kidding.

But multi tasking is so awesome. And toddlers would probably age up in 3-5 sim days. Multi tasking can be 24/7.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    Both. I'm not settling for any old thing they want to schlep out with a price tag of $60 or more. I bought the base game for TS4 on loyalty. It was a disappointment of epic proportions. If they want me back, they're going to have to win me back with quality.
  • ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    edited March 2016
    I would hope by then that they would have the technology capable of being able to have both. The multi-tasking is phenomenal and with the right talented devs, it should be possible to include both.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Well, is there a realistic, technical, brick wall with multi-tasking restricting babies/toddlers?

In a word - Nope.

Why would there be?

If Sim carrying baby then restricted multi-tasking.

TS4 is not yet finished - more and more animations are going to be added over time - therefore, they are in control of the levels of multi-tasking.

People surely don't seriously think that you can't add to the current multi-tasking options to Sims and also dynamically limit them?

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    If I have to choose I choose multitasking, I'm sorry.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    TS5 should include all that the past games have had, and more.

Otherwise, goodluck to EA trying to sell to the newer generation of gamers an outdated game.

I totally agree. I always felt so ripped off with this game. I can't understand why they would have wanted to present us with such a half baked game. NO, I take that back. I can see why they presented us with this crappy game because they didn't have time to make a game worth playing. They just hustled this game right on out the door just to have something to sell. I have never been so disappointed with a game as I have the sims 4. Some people would play anything just because it had the sims stamped on it. I am not one of them. I expected more from EA and they didn't deliver. The sims 4 to me is a waste of money.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    SimGuruGrant:
    We restricted baby movement and functionality to keep babies simple. Hopefully we can make them more robust in the future.
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I would choose B. As someone already said, multi-tasking affects how the Sims interact with each other AND the world. Toddlers can always come after this, as after setting up the structure of how things interact, you can then create the things that interact with each other. To use an idiom to better explain this; You can't build a car until you have the framework.

Plus, I rather have them improve something that's already there than try to add new things in.
  • SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    Let's see, do I want my Sims to eat potato chips on the loo, while playing with a lump of clay or fully functioning infants/toddlers?

Tough call. I guess, I'll go with infants/toddlers.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    I doubt multi-tasking actually had anything to do with why we didn't get toddlers or non-object babies.

But if I had to choose A. Multitasking is nice but it isn't a game selling feature. :)
  • HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Kinda of dumb to choose between two completely unrelated options (from a consumer stand point not knowing that one affects the other ofc)

I'd rather that any feature the is implemented allows for as much content and tweaking as possible. If multitasking was really the reason for cutting a lot of things, then I don't really believe it was a good trade. I love the multitasking, but I honestly don't miss it in TS2 and TS3 as much as I miss the stuff in those games.

So yeah, A. But I think the multitasking is really nice and I would urge them to try to keep it or make it tied to some specific functions that benefit a lot from multitasking.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    If I had to choose I'd go with kids, but in reality I'd really want both since I can't play without multi-tasking anymore.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Multitasking apparently is a fundamental gameplay feature for some, but so are babies and toddlers for others; coincidently I bumped into another forum yesterday where people (among who the webmaster) have quit Sims 4 for the moment and returned to 3, and this had everything to do with lacking life stages and lack of 'family feeling'. The fact they were better in 2 than in 3 (babies that is) has absolutely nothing to do with that. I'd like multitasking, if they did it properly; in Sims 4 for many the feature means a complete game spoiler. But so did babies and toddlers in the other versions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • watercatwatercat Posts: 3 New Member
    for sims 5 need mor editor optinis

1 remove limits floors if not remove limits add 50 floors or mor

2 smaller boxes for build modes

3 edit all colors for hairy cloths and in every itmes have for game chairs wall roof ...
    if have mor of 1 color edit every color for example if cloths 2 colrs edit color 1 and 2

4 the city editor similar for sims 2 to choose the size of the land and add next to the road

5 city editor to have add new city and add roads and other staff
    similar for sims city the dry thing is another game bat update all game

6 fert peson options similar for dungeon keeper

7 for character creation add this tattoo options for sims 4 dog

8 add option to change wall size height and width and for this options not to change all wall for house

9 for sims 4 for i don have the orphan options even if kill the teen or wat that else age have the the family
    disappears

10 re textuer for sims 4 i have optinsi to change it texre in a few itme pls don change options and re color for ths options

11 for clothes add exta optinis underwear for example how does he have what socks if you want you put it blouse

12 for sims 2...3...4 i have the somehow stadar expansion pet seasons..... for sims 5 add this opitons without epansions
    > @watercat said:
    > for sims 5 need mor editor optinis
    >
    > 1 remove limits floors if not remove limits add 50 floors or mor
    >
    > 2 smaller boxes for build modes
    >
    > 3 edit all colors for hairy cloths and in every itmes have for game chairs wall roof ...
    > if have mor of 1 color edit every color for example if cloths 2 colrs edit color 1 and 2
    >
    > 4 the city editor similar for sims 2 to choose the size of the land and add next to the road
    >
    > 5 city editor to have add new city and add roads and other staff
    > similar for sims city the dry thing is another game bat update all game
    >
    > 6 fert peson options similar for dungeon keeper
    >
    > 7 for character creation add this tattoo options for sims 4 dog
    >
    > 8 add option to change wall size height and width and for this options not to change all wall for house
    >
    > 9 for sims 4 for i don have the orphan options even if kill the teen or wat that else age have the the family
    > disappears
    >
    > 10 re textuer for sims 4 i have optinsi to change it texre in a few itme pls don change options and re color for ths options
    >
    > 11 for clothes add exta optinis underwear for example how does he have what socks if you want you put it blouse
    >
    > 12 for sims 2...3...4 i have the somehow stadar expansion pet seasons..... for sims 5 add this opitons without epansions
    >
    13 for sims 4 i have the opitons to re size item the probleis is the the Windows and door hols nor does not change
    fix thsi error
  • PurpleCheshirePurpleCheshire Posts: 96 Member
    I hope in The Sims 5 they first get all the basic things that should be in the base game, not what they did with The Sims 4. CAS and build mode are already very good, but there are sime things they could improve. I expect at least open neighbourhoods, colour wheel, better traits and emotion system, multitasking and story progression.
    39901666071_622df5aee5_o.jpg
    for sims 5 need mor editor optinis

1 remove limits floors if not remove limits add 50 floors or mor

2 smaller boxes for build modes

3 edit all colors for hairy cloths and in every itmes have for game chairs wall roof ...
    if have mor of 1 color edit every color for example if cloths 2 colrs edit similar for sims 3

4 the city editor similar for sims 2 to choose the size of the land and add next to the road

5 city editor to have add new city and add roads and other staff
    similar for sims city the dry thing is another game bat update all game

6 fert peson options similar for dungeon keeper

7 for character creation add this tattoo options for sims 4 dog

8 add option to change wall size height and width and for this options not to change all wall for house

9 for sims 4 for i don have the orphan options even if kill the teen or wat that else age have the the family
    disappears similar for sims 3

10 re textuer for sims 4 i have optinsi to change it texre in a few itme pls don change options and re color for ths options
    similar for sims 3

11 for clothes add exta optinis underwear for example how does he have what socks if you want you put it blouse

12 for sims 2...3...4 i have the somehow stadar expansion pet seasons..... for sims 5 add this opitons without epansions

13 for sims 4 i have the opitons to re size item the probleis is the the Windows and door hols nor does not change
    fix thsi error

14 mor open world similar for sims 3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top