Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

What do you think of the story so far?
    I like how the characters and world is being developed, so now I can concentrate on the plot without getting distracted by piecing everything else together!! There is plot, and also room left for humourous interjections.

How do you like the world that it is set in?
    Every time I remember that the guild works as plumbers part time, I crack up laughing. These little things really set up the mood xD Also, bless those hippies for providing an excuse to drink plasma juice. All in all, I like how the world is set up just like ours, but little things that explain a whole lot :D

Who's your favorite character?
    Park, because he seems too pure for this world. Yet he’s an art forger. What?? I sense a whole story behind that. Also, I feel for his naming predicament. People used to butcher my name the exact same way so I made myself an English name xD
    That aside, I like how each of the characters have strong quirks. I can’t wait to get to know Antonio better :)

Got any guesses about who wrote the letters?
    pronterus.

Jokes aside, the name on the end seems to indicate it was Doc, but I am a skeptical person by nature. It can’t be that easy…. If it IS indeed Doc, then he must have been through a lot. He’s very different now, much less… level-headed. Has Preston driven him over the edge?
    Doc’s dad, maybe??

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Lol @chalicen :D

What do you think of the story so far?
    I like it. I think it’s funny. I like how it’s about bad guys, and yet we are kind of routing for them. Okay, we are definitely routing for them.

How do you like the world that it is set in?
    I think it’s very ironic that Newcrest is where the underground vamps live, because I always saw Newcrest as a kind of friendly place where nothing much happens. I suppose it makes sense for crime to happen in an unexpected place, except your Newcrest doesn’t look like it’s very friendly at all. It looks rather run-down – but that’s what I’ve mostly gathered from the pictures. Of course, knowing me, I might have got all the places mixed up. :D

Who's your favorite character?
    Preston, because he’s hilarious. Still my favourite scene is when he’s showing us around the hideout. I would so follow him. XD However, I do think Doc is rather handsome, and has a briliantly dark sense of humour. I have a bit of a thing for those types of people. XD

Got any guesses about who wrote the letters?
    I always assumed it was Doc. I hadn’t realised we weren’t supposed to know it was him, unless, of course, it isn’t him. XD chalicen's response has made me skeptical. Yes, it can't be that easy... *puts skeptical glasses on*
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome answers guys :) I had fun reading them.

@chalicen In the third arc, I delve more into Park's past, and I've already written about why he became an art forger in an unposted draft. I'm still stuck with writer's block for the part before that flashback though :lol:

@IchigoUsagi Chickenbane is something I came up with after thinking that Preston, being a knight, needed a suitable weapon haha! And speaking of character pasts, I might also add a chapter that explores Preston's past, like how he met the Doc.

@simscognito The Newcrest that it is set in was created before the Vampires pack was released, so there wasn't any Forgotten Hollow yet. I thought of using some run-down part of Newcrest as the location since it was a blank slate. (And I'll probably post a screenie of my Newcrest in-game, which is full of crime-themed lots made by me and several great builders.)

To all: If you finish reading the first arc, you'll find out who has been writing the letters :)
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @pronterus
    Hooray! I finished the pastor arc! :smiley: Around chapter 5.2 I started to suspect who was really writing the letters, but I won't say wether or not I was right as I'm not sure where everyone else is in the story currently. I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the chapters in that arc and was on the edge of my seat towards the end. Llama's up there with Preston as one of my favorite characters! :) I'm excited to read more!
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @pronterus Any questions for those of us who already read the first arc? I'm going to try and make it through the second over the course of the week.
    @AuroraLockwood I'll come up with a few questions later :)
    Just finished first arc and just wanted to say three words, but I'll put it in spoilers
    I knew it!!!
    Awesome. Antonio really grew on me, but I'll say no more. XD
    Questions for those who have read the first arc:
    If you've heard of character alignments, which alignments do you think the major characters would fall under? (e.g. Lawful Good, Neutral Evil, etc.)

What do you think about the action scenes so far?

Any questions about parts of the arc that seemed unclear?
    My answers about the first arc are below! Beware the spoilers! :p
    If you've heard of character alignments, which alignments do you think the major characters would fall under? (e.g. Lawful Good, Neutral Evil, etc.)

I'd say that Doc would probably be lawful evil, as he doesn't have the best morals but still follows a code of conduct (the same goes for the Don, but I could also see him as neutral evil). Preston would be chaotic good/neutral. Park would be true neutral, I think. Llama's definitely lawful good. Antonio would be lawful neutral or true neutral- I haven't been able to get a great read off of him yet :sweat_smile: . (I just noticed that Llama and the Don aren't listed under major characters- my bad. They seemed like pretty big parts of the first arc, but I guess they probably don't play huge roles going forward.) :sweat:

What do you think about the action scenes so far?

I think they're very good! They're really descriptive, and the way that you don't actually show pictures of the combat for the most part allows the reader to imagine all the cool stuff going on! It really lets your writing shine. :)

Any questions about parts of the arc that seemed unclear?

None here! I guess if I really think about it, I'm a little confused as to why the Don didn't just tell Doc, "that's not you're name, get a new one" (I mean, he probably would have said it differently) or something like that if it bothered him enough to be listed with stealing his wife and house. But again, I didn't have any initial questions about that and I don't think it's a big issue. :D You might have even explained that and I'm just forgetting. All in all, I think the first arc wrapped up rather nicely.
    and the way that you don't actually show pictures of the combat for the most part allows the reader to imagine all the cool stuff going on

That, and I don't have the poses that reflect any sort of fighting :lol:
    I've finally updated the third arc!

Chapter 18.3 - The Flower Shop

3XA2D5M.png

Oh, and enjoy some surplus screenies I took of the Doc since I don't know exactly where to put them. Don't worry, these screenies aren't real spoilers and won't affect your reading of the story.
    yEd8F0Y.png
    aNdnNj2.png
    EJb9HGW.png
    O66QQIi.png
    @pronterus I do not protest to more screenies of Doc, particular that first shot! <3 Wait I told myself I was going to behave... It's your fault Pronterus. :D
    @pronterus I do not protest to more screenies of Doc, particular that first shot! <3 Wait I told myself I was going to behave... It's your fault Pronterus. :D

Haha I've got a lot more but I'll save them for other posts
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @pronterus @simscognito @chalicen @IchigoUsagi Just a heads up for everyone. I've been dealing with some health issues recently and in the last few days the issues have gotten to the point where it's becoming a more prevalent issue which along with my anxiety is making it difficult to even get the desire to write most days. For that reason I'm going to step away from the forums for a bit because I don't feel I can keep up with my stories at the moment or with the responsibilities of managing the reading circle.

If you all would like to keep the reading circle going by all means do so though just be sure to message @CathyTea so she can make any necessary changes to the listing on the listing.

Sorry again and hopefully I will be able to return sometime down the road :) It's been fun hanging out with all of you.
    @AuroraLockwood I've already said so in the writers' lounge, but I hope that you're able to return once you're feeling better, and please don't feel the need to apologize! Your health is most important. :)

I, for one, would like to keep the reading circle going. We can't update the first posts of this discussion anymore, so maybe making a new temporary discussion would be good? Although I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I should probably wait and see if everyone else wants to keep participating in the reading circle first.
    @AuroraLockwood No worries. Like @IchigoUsagi said, your health is way more important and I'm really sorry you have to go through this.

I also wouldn't mind carrying on with the reading circle, IchihoUsagi.
    @AuroraLockwood Sorry to hear that you're going through that. Hoping that your health improves!

As for the reading circle, I'm still in for it. :)
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    I'm sorry about your health, and I hope it gets better. Definitely take a break, we'll be here when you come back :)
    Like my fellow circle members, I'd love to keep it going.
    @simscognito @pronterus @chalicen what do you think we should do about the 'not being able to update the first two comments' issue? Should we just ignore that and post updates as they happen or should we create a new, temporary discussion so we can edit things like the member list and latest updates? If you're in favor of the latter, who do you think should start up the temporary discussion? I'm fine with doing it if no one else wants to.
    edited January 2018
    @simscognito @pronterus @chalicen what do you think we should do about the 'not being able to update the first two comments' issue? Should we just ignore that and post updates as they happen or should we create a new, temporary discussion so we can edit things like the member list and latest updates? If you're in favor of the latter, who do you think should start up the temporary discussion? I'm fine with doing it if no one else wants to.

I think just ignore that bit. It's not really important, I don't think. Just carry on the weekly spotlight thing and keep a lookout out for each other's updates. What does everyone else think?
    I'm with @simscognito on this one. Let's just keep what we're doing.
    @pronterus @simscognito I'm fine with that as well. :) It's certainly easier that way. How were weekly spotlights decided on in the past, by the way? Is there some kind of order or is it more random?
    edited January 2018
    We usually had an order in which we went in. Basically it's one person's story a week. The writer would post questions for the readers to respond to, regarding the writer's story, but the readers can also ask the writer questions too. However, there were times when we changed the order up a bit to, so it is also flexible when need be. :)
    @simscognito what was the order? Or should we just come up with a new one? (I'm all in favor of keeping it flexible.)

Also, what does everyone think we should do about accepting new members? Do you think we should keep it open for people to join or not? (I'm asking in case we need to change the listing on the reading circle discussion) :)
    @IchigoUsagi I think we should make a new order, since we mostly consist of new members. As for accepting new members, yeah I think we can accept one or two more, but I wouldn't go beyond that. What does everybody else think?