Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newborn baby with no eyes? :O

There's a new baby in my sim family. And there's a weird problem. The baby's eyes are the same color as the rest of her body. I can see she is blinking, but her eyeballs are not...normal. I'm wondering if it's a texture issue (I use a CC skin retexture, maybe that's the problem? I thought TSR stuff is quite safe...) or if it means the baby still hasn't her eyes open. Please help.

Unfortunately, I don't have any screenshots, I'll try to take some tomorrow if the issue is still there.
understand the significance of the signatures

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I would suspect the CC skin. Did any comments for that skin indicate a problem? I don't know if you use mods, but with NRaas MasterController you can take the infant into "Edit in CAS" and change the skin to an EA default to see if that's the problem (then exit without saving if you don't want to keep the change).
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Ugh, that's what I thought. The skin is installed as the "default" skin (I mean, it's applied to all sims automatically) - would I be able to change it by NRaas if I had this mod installed?

By the way, I tried to install NRaas MC today. It kind of spoiled my game, and I didn't understand how it should work, so I uninstalled it five minutes later. Maybe I'll try NRaas when I have more time and patience.
  • Fellow_SimmerFellow_Simmer Posts: 46 Member
    Reset your baby with the cheat commands. By the way, the baby isn't an alien is it? I heard there is something like that with one of the expansion packs.
    I <3 the community! It's great to see so many people out here
    edited January 2018
    No, it's a normal sim baby, not an occult.
    I tried resetting - I went to the buy mode and using the testingcheats I chose "Reset" on the baby. She just disappeared from her cradle and reappeared on the floor. Nothing changed, she still had these bugged eyes.

So I think there are two options: 1) something has gone wrong with the textures due to CC items or 2) the textures didn't load properly, it would fix itself and it's a matter of time.
    edited January 2018
    gerefteast wrote: »
    Ugh, that's what I thought. The skin is installed as the "default" skin (I mean, it's applied to all sims automatically) - would I be able to change it by NRaas if I had this mod installed?

By the way, I tried to install NRaas MC today. It kind of spoiled my game, and I didn't understand how it should work, so I uninstalled it five minutes later. Maybe I'll try NRaas when I have more time and patience.

For a default replacement you probably need to uninstall the skin to see if anything changes.

MC doesn't do anything to your game; it just offers commands to use via various menus.
    edited January 2018
    By "it spoiled the game" I meant it did something weird: I loaded the household, but it was kind of between world edition mode and live mode. I could see my sims' needs and stuff, but their happiness and motives ratings were grayish. Also, it said the family has 0 simoleons.
    I will figure out what can I do with it tomorrow, as I said :) Tomorrow I will try uninstalling the skin as well.

Thanks for help :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    @gerefteast - What you have described can happen if you install the wrong version of MC for your patch level, if your patch level is actually broken, or if you mix the MC base mod with MC add-on modules from different older and newer versions that were never meant to work together. Or if you install the mod and its components more than once, meaning more than one copy of each file somewhere in Packages. It is also required to clear the scriptCache.package file whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way, especially when adding or removing script mods like MC.

But no, besides its optional CAS replacement MC is not actually supposed to do anything to or for your game on its own other than providing menus of commands on sims, certain objects, lots, and City Hall. After it loads it sits back and waits for the player to eventually (or not) issue a command.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I understand. Thank you for explanation :)

I think I will never use MC. It's just too complicated for me, I'm not really into mods stuff and I easily get lost in it. Actually, I think I don't need it in my game.

All I will do is disabling the CC skintone and checking if the baby's eyes turn normal. Even if it's the CC item's fault, I will still use it. Hope that the baby will have normal eyes at least as a toddler and in older life stages ;)
    edited January 2018
    Uninstalling the CC skintone didn't help. The baby's eyes are still pink as the rest of the body. And resetting the baby after deleting changed nothing.
    gerefteast wrote: »
    Uninstalling the CC skintone didn't help. The baby's eyes are still pink as the rest of the body. And resetting the baby after deleting changed nothing.

A picture might be helpful if you can post one. The skin tone doesn't cover the swaddling clothes I take it?

You might try evicting the household in Edit Town, copying the lot to the bin, bulldozing the lot, replacing it from the bin, then moving the family back in. That's a more in depth reset then what the cheat offers.

Do all babies have this issue, or just this particular sim?

Have you tried starting the game without any CC? It could be some clothing or something that was incorrectly set to be available for infants. Have you installed any sims from the Exchange or through the Launcher? Those can bring bad CC with them.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc

https://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html
    Now the baby is a toddler, and she has normal eyes. And yes, her swaddling clothes were pastel pink as they should be.

Currently there's no more babies in the family, so I would have to check all the town and look for newborns. Next time when anotger baby is born, I will see :)