Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito @Shadami I never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer either. But I'm thinking of put it on my "Too Watch" List besides Star Trek (all series) and West Wing.

@MadameLee Your 'too watch-list' has good taste. ;) Seen all three and certainly recommend them. :blush: They're light (except West Wing which is more warm and, to some extent, family friendly) and fun. :D

I seen a couple of the original series' of Star Trek eposides.. I should continue with that (I only want to watch all 3 because of Matt..)which reminds in Matt's Youtube world
    stuff that is uploaded to the internet becomes real which means for us our SimLit is real on the internet in his Youtube world if I make sense?

@MadameLee Yep you're making perfect spooky sense.
    Now I'm going to hide from Alex who'll want to replace me as watcher, probably. :D

Question: What would be your biggest worry if you discovered your simLit characters were real?

I'm a little late on answering this one, but my biggest worry would probably be that vampires would be real too! I'm really fascinated by supernatural stuff, but I'd be in big trouble if it were real due to how much of a scaredy-cat I am! :D

@friendsfan367 Hmm, probably Marshall? He seems like he'd be the easiest to have a conversation with. The rest of my characters (excluding Vincent, but I feel like I'd spend the whole time just apologizing to him) aren't very nice. :p

@IchigoUsagi Hey, I'd be scared too if your vampires were real. They'll probably make all their actions appear justified too. There's something about them that makes you feel like you're in the wrong. :D

@simscognito Oh man this conversation just made me think what if Kaiphus was real. Which in my opinion would be awesome :smiley: I like to think Kaiphus and I would be best buds :tongue:
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Shadami Oh yes, I love the hair in the dine out pack. Quite a few of my sims have some of those haircuts. :)

@AdamsEve1231 Oh I agree! @RipuAncestor's Grim would be so cute to meet, oh and I support meeting Kass and Co! B) What are the DMD characters? I'd love to meet more crazy sims!
    Edit: Oops, I know what you meant by DMD. Stands for Darkness May Dream right? I'm a bit slow. :D

@simscognito DMD is my Simblr story... Darkness May Dream. It's definitely dark. It's on the rotation for Book Club in May. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    I'm going to add on to the train of questions.
    What initially inspired your SimLit/ what was your initial idea for it? How has that changed over time?

OMG these are good questions. I'm going to have a think about how I answer them, although I think some people may already know part of the answer. :D

@AuroraLockwood I'm with you all the way with Kaiphus. He may actually get to turn me! :D
    @Shadami Oh yes, I love the hair in the dine out pack. Quite a few of my sims have some of those haircuts. :)

@AdamsEve1231 Oh I agree! @RipuAncestor's Grim would be so cute to meet, oh and I support meeting Kass and Co! B) What are the DMD characters? I'd love to meet more crazy sims!
    Edit: Oops, I know what you meant by DMD. Stands for Darkness May Dream right? I'm a bit slow. :D

@simscognito DMD is my Simblr story... Darkness May Dream. It's definitely dark. It's on the rotation for Book Club in May. :)

@AdamsEve1231 Oh yes I've noticed. I actually started reading it a couple of months back. The only reason why I haven't finished it is because Simblr seems to always act up for me. It's so annoying, because I really loved the story. I'll have a go at finishing it soon. :)
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    A new question:
    Seriously tho if vampires were real
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    A new question:
    @For_Eorzea I'd marry Paris! <3 Okay, really, if vamps were real, I'd be really scared (don't fancy living for eternity)... although some types of vampires are just to hilarious to take them seriously. :D
    What initially inspired your SimLit/ what was your initial idea for it? How has that changed over time?

@IchigoUsagi The Family Black stemmed from me wanting to write a vampire story and to inject more lore/history into my stories. That's pretty much remained constant though I often drift back more towards character driven.

No Shame was me taking my blog style story idea and putting a spin on it by wanting to make the main character famous and then the story expanded from there.
    A new question:

For instance, we have everyone's favourite neighborhood creep, count Vladislaus. Try to recall the first time you saw him coming for dat plasma and didn't have garlic prepared. [The overpowered bugger teleported into my sim's room.] Now let's repeat in real life!
    edited January 2018
    A new question:
    @For_Eorzea I'd marry Paris! <3 Okay, really, if vamps were real, I'd be really scared (don't fancy living for eternity)... although some types of vampires are just to hilarious to take them seriously. :D

Well yup, like the bunny-toothed, bald lad that decided to practice his Khajiit level sneaking skillz on my master vampire badaẞ's boyfriend.

Edit: Whoa sorry, my lil vampire was quite legitly an ancient one.
    A new question:

For instance, we have everyone's favourite neighborhood creep, count Vladislaus. Try to recall the first time you saw him coming for dat plasma and didn't have garlic prepared. [The overpowered bugger teleported into my sim's room.] Now let's repeat in real life!

I deleted him before starting the game so no worries on my end :lol:
    A new question:

Here we have a smart cookie. :D
    A new question:

Paris killed him in my game! :D But yep, wouldn't much enjoy him around in RL! :D
    A new question:

Here we have a smart cookie. :D

To be fair I delete all default sims before starting. That way every game I have a whole new set of new sims to get to know.
    Hey, @simscognito !

Rolled back to your story! There it is, and even though I can't stay on track of every turn of the plot I love your use of dialogue. 'Specially this one. [Putting spoiler markings just in case.]
    "Yes we did," said Paris. "But you wouldn't have known about it, because It was between me and myself."
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member

I'm not exactly sure what inspired by intal idea of the Swanson Legacy (maybe because I have an almost Indian Cousin-in-law? my travelling cousin's boyfriend is Indian but the cousin and her 2 siblings are half-Chinese). My kidnapping plots stem from my childhood games that i played on my own with Oringal Fisher Price people. Then not to mention my love of fairytales and history
    6adMCGP.gif
    Hey, @simscognito !

Rolled back to your story! There it is, and even though I can't stay on track of every turn of the plot I love your use of dialogue. 'Specially this one. [Putting spoiler markings just in case.]
    "Yes we did," said Paris. "But you wouldn't have known about it, because It was between me and myself."

Aww thanks so much @For_Eorzea ! It's my favourite line of Paris's so far too. <3

Firecalls began on a moment's whim, inspired by Thymeless's AAC story, from where I was directed towards the collab thread. The support and nourishment my writer's skills have enjoyed ever since has been fantastic.

The initial idea was to have a sense of adventure and fantasy bundled up with sci-fi, dystopia and old abandoned buildings.

Change is the only thing permanent in my story, to be honest. I don't want my readers to feel safe with the tale... I've tried to take care to snatch away a piece of happiness now and then to balance out the very lucky coincidences and joyous reunions. Over time the story has taken more poetic and comic turns, but in my latest chapter I think I've pulled it away from the cryptic poetry phase it was going through.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    For anyone who has read my story..do you think Leah (Selene's foster step-sister/roommate/helper) might have magic of her own? Since I think she does because how else would Leah know that
    Prince James and Selene weren't always be together
    ?
    6adMCGP.gif

@IchigoUsagi The main inspiration of my simLit was really my sims. What I liked to do for each generation in my game is to let all the sims find their personalities and stories and then I decide who are the most interesting to lead the story of that generation. Sometimes I had a theme for each generation. For example, Paris's generation was Buffy The Vampire Slayer, as opposed to Talula's generation which was The Wizard of Oz. West Side Story was also one generation. All these themes only loosely influence the generation, however. Most of my sims do their own thing. :D I decided to start writing the simLit when I finally noticed Henry and Alex in my game. Seriously, it took me ages to notice them. @Bugsie2016 knows that all the childhood pics filter them out of the shots, not because I didn't like them (although Henry was a very strange looking kid), but it was because I deemed them as irrelevant. It was actually when I noticed the similarities between Henry and Hephaestion's bust when I came up with the idea to have an Alexander The Great inspired story. I don't think the simLit has really strayed from the initial idea. What I do find surprising when writing it is how much of the previous generations and their themes also influence the current story. One example is elements from West Side Story / Romeo And Juliet shine through (mostly because it was Alexander's mum's generation). Another example, more to do with personalities, is Paris's backstory, which I always planned to be a major part of the story, but never actually thought it would effect a lot of the other characters' choices.

Hopefully I made some sense here. :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    cog i did finally make the sandwhich.

It Wasn't an ice-cream sandwich was it? :D

no peanut butter and jelly.
    For anyone who has read my story..do you think Leah (Selene's foster step-sister/roommate/helper) might have magic of her own? Since I think she does because how else would Leah know that
    Prince James and Selene weren't always be together
    ?

@MadameLee Oh that would be cool if she did!

peanut butter and jelly.... ice-cream? :smiley:

peanut butter and jelly.... ice-cream? :smiley:

no.

well i saw all the simlit threads and wanted to write but didn't then i went to the mega thread and discovered my sims were funny. i dont think i really had a idea i usually wrote just what my sims did.

it changed because both ayden and alana are stubborn and refuse to listen to how the story was supposed to go.

that will make more sense when the kids age up. my writing time got eaten by real life again. so first mom comes to dump my fridge at 3 then the guy comes with the new fridge. at around 5.

Firecalls began on a moment's whim, inspired by Thymeless's AAC story, from where I was directed towards the collab thread. The support and nourishment my writer's skills have enjoyed ever since has been fantastic.

The initial idea was to have a sense of adventure and fantasy bundled up with sci-fi, dystopia and old abandoned buildings.

Change is the only thing permanent in my story, to be honest. I don't want my readers to feel safe with the tale... I've tried to take care to snatch away a piece of happiness now and then to balance out the very lucky coincidences and joyous reunions. Over time the story has taken more poetic and comic turns, but in my latest chapter I think I've pulled it away from the cryptic poetry phase it was going through.

thats kind of like the benders. it started by accident i was trying to distract myself from new years eve fire works.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top