Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Family Black: A Vampiric Sims Story (Updated, Announcement, 3/22/18)

Comments

• Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    And chapter 16 of The Family Black is out as Kaiphus stalks his prey.

Chapter 16- On the Hunt

ch16pg13.png
  • Options
    And here is chapter 17 for The Family Black. Rosea is not having a good day.

Chapter 17- Hunger and Lies

ch17pg1.png
  • Options
    And the newest chapter of The Family Black is here as Rosea gets a chance to meet someone new and reflect on some old memories

Chapter 18- Stubborn Love

ch18pg10.png
  • Options
    For those interested this weeks behind the scenes segment of my story is up over at my blog.

Behind the Blacks 10/29/17 (Spoilers through Chapter 18)
  • Options
    Chapter 19 of the Family Black is up as Rosea and Rylie try and keep moving forward towards the future they want.

Chapter 19- A Step Closer

ch19pg4.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Happy Halloween everyone :)

To celebrate the occasion I bring a very tongue in cheek special chapter of "The Family Black" (Spoiler warning though chapter 19)

Special Chapter- Halloween 2017

spec2pg2.png
  • Options
    Just a heads up for everyone, the story is going to take a short break for the remainder of this week and possibly next week as well. With the most recent chapter we've hit the approximate halfway point for the planned story arc and I want to take a little bit of time to sort out my plans for the story going forward before I continue writing it. Sorry for the delay to those who have been enjoying it and I will see you all with another chapter once I get things fully figured out.

There will still be a Behind the Blacks post this week for those who have been following that though I don't know precisely when I will get it written.
  • Options
    A new Behind the Blacks post is up over on my blog. Not really spoilery in this case and more just a chance to talk a bit about the stresses from writing and some personal thoughts for anyone interested.

Behind the Blacks 11/6/17
  • Options
    And after my week and a half off here is the newest chapter of The Family Black as Rylie deals with some personal thoughts and tries to get some work done.

Chapter 20- Even Though

ch20pg4.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    And a new Behind the Blacks post is up on my wordpress blog talking about the ultimate horror of all writers.... WRITERS BLOCK :scream: (I feel like I should have used this topic for halloween :tongue: )

Behind the Blacks 11/18/17
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Edit: An update on this post that I forgot to list here so as not to confuse people. I rebooted vampnet into a new non-vampire blog story because things just weren't working well with what I was trying to do. The new story if anyone is still interested can be found here No Shame: A Blog Style Sims Story

For anyone interested I have started a side story/spin off to this story taking place in the same world over at VampNet: A Blog Style Sims Story

To be clear this story is still going to continue. I realize I've been slow lately due to writers block as mentioned in my recent Behind the Blacks post and this other story is in part a way for me to help deal with that by giving me something else to write to help refresh my mind for The Family Black and I will do my best to keep chapters coming out regularly for both.
    Post edited by StoriedStorm on
  • Options
    And a new chapter of The Family Black is officially up as Rosea sits down with Sara from some advice on baking and life.

Chapter 21: Baking with a Pinch of Advice

ch21pg1.png
  • Options
    The Family Black is going on another break.

I realize that I already took a couple weeks earlier this month to try and sort things out previously but things just aren’t going as well as I’d like (as is likely obvious by the slow pace chapters have been coming out) and as a side affect I’m finding myself dreading sitting down and working on the story because I keep finding myself frustrated with it. As a result I have decided to do this before I get to the point where I start hating the story and it’s characters as a result. While the story has only been going for 21 chapters I’ve grown fond of the story and it’s characters and the last thing I want is for that fondness to be soured by trying to force things.

I don’t have any estimate for how long this will be and I do apologize for the delay but I also feel this will be the best in the long run for the story. I’m a big supporter of the idea that a story written with care and passion will always be better both to the writer and the readers and if taking another possibly longer break means that I will finish this up with the quality I feel it deserves then I would rather do that. My apologies to those who have been enjoying it but I promise that it will come back.
  • Options
    I'm happy to announce that the Family Black will be returning in the near future.

My plan is to put it into a weekly release schedule with a new chapter every weekend while my other story No Shame releases during the week. Current plan is for chapter 22 to release next weekend.

Thank you to everyone for your patience as I took this hiatus and I hope you all will enjoy the story as it continues :)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Announcement:

Just a slight adjustment to the plan. Family Black chapters are going to go up on Mondays instead of weekends. Sorry for the change (moral of this is to actually get things sorted in my head before opening my big mouth :P )

Also for anyone just recently reading through the thread I have updated the earlier post regarding my other story VampNet. Basically it got cancelled and rebooted as a non-vampire story which can be found through the following link if anyone is still interested No Shame: A Blog Style Sims Story
  • Options
    And after the long wait The Family Black returns. Now with more vampires :tongue:

Chapter 22: Jokes Won't Help

ch22p5.png
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I found it finally! Now I get to read it :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    I found it finally! Now I get to read it :)

@Shadami Yay, I hope you enjoy it :)
  • Options
    Finished it this morning, it was really good. Odin's helmet though. xD wow.
  • Options
    Finished it this morning, it was really good. Odin's helmet though. xD wow.

@Shadami Yeah, Odin's a bit.... odd I'll say :tongue:
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting the dreadlocks when he took his helmet off. That's for sure.
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting the dreadlocks when he took his helmet off. That's for sure.

@Shadami That was actually one of the core thoughts in my head when making Odin. I wanted him to be a character who did not really look like someone might expect from what they'd heard of him so far. Plus I like dreadlocks as a hair style which is why it comes up again in my other story with Marissa and will likely continue to show up with other characters.
  • Options
    The dreads are really fun. I usually end up liking sims that have them. xD
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    A new chapter is up for the Family Black.

Chapter 23: The Only Way

ch23p4.png
    Post edited by StoriedStorm on