Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin sims 3 pets limited edition download

Guys I want to get the Sims 3 limited edition for my macbook pro on origin. I don't like physical copies, so i want to download it. Is the sims 3 pets direct download on origin the limited edition?

Thanks!

Comments

• ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited March 2013
    I looked at that, and it does not appear to be the limited edition..if you want the limited edition, I think you may have to get a physical copy..however, Origin states that if you download Sims 3 Pets from them, you get a Paws and whiskers costume pack, so that is a nice little bonus! 8)
  • DarinkimDarinkim Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    If I get the physical edition, will my game lag?
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh, gosh, I don't know..I have the base game, and all EP, except the last several EP on disc..I got showtime, supernatural, Seasons, and now, University on Digital Download, and either way, it has made no difference in game function..I think what will make the difference is make sure you have enough memory, and a powerful enough CPU to handle it..check the system requirements before you purchase. I hope I have been able to help a little.
    edited March 2013
    Thank you!
    So my game wont lag if I get a disc?
    Which way do you think would be better?
    edited March 2013
    Can somebody please answer me?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2013
    It is up to you if you want to get a digital copy or not. Like the person above me said, Origin no longer offers the LE copy. Limited Edition is offered before the game comes out.. It has been a long while now since its been out. You can ether go on amazon and try to find a LE copy but you may have to pay more for it. You can look around or call around your town if any store still has a LE copy.

The difference between Physical and Digital is with physical you have to put the disc in to play. It doesn't cause lag.. Just make sure your computer can handle it. A lot of people couldn't run Pets properly because their graphics card was not supported which ended in their pets being graphically deformed. So you will want to make sure your computer is ok to run it.

I don't know you are aware of what comes with the LE copy but its a pet store that comes with its own register to sell pet stuff. The pet store sells a few pet objects that you can't get in buy mode unless you type in the buydebug cheat. I honestly never bother to place down the pet store and normally just buy what ever pet objects in buy mode. Its nothing like TS1 and TS2 Pet stores.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited March 2013
    I always buy the physical edition, but I run the downloads. WHY? HOW? Well, when you get your registration code, enter it. Then open Origin, and there will be a copy of the game you just bought a physical copy of ready for you to download! That way you can still get the limited edition, by buying the physical copy, and PLAY it as a downloaded game just like you are used to doing.
    edited March 2013
    Thanks guys!
    Y'all helped a lot. :mrgreen:
  • LOULIGHTFOOT1976LOULIGHTFOOT1976 Posts: 160 Member
    I want the limited edition but can't get it anywhere in pc format can any1 help
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    look on ebay
    here you go 15.99 free shipping
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited January 2018
    Darinkim wrote: »
    Thanks guys!
    Y'all helped a lot. :mrgreen:
    jjames041 wrote: »
    look on ebay

EBay is not an authorized seller. Too many people who had brought games from EBay had their games greyed out on their Origin accounts. I believe Origin.com still sells limited editions of some of TS3 games.

This link has a list of authorized sellers in it.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

This thread was made last year where poeple had some of their games greyed out due to them buying their codes from EBay and other unauthorized sellers.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918124/please-help-seasons-has-vanished/p1
    not so got mine on ebay new and have it on origin
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited January 2018
    not so got mine on ebay new and have it on origin

Maybe Origin fixed the problem but last year it was problem for a lot of players who brought from EBay. Plus EBay isn't on the list of authorized sellers.

Paging @igazor for a little advice on this matter.

Edit to say that one has to be careful from ordering a game code from EBay because you never know if the game is actually new just because the seller says it is or that the seller may have pirated codes which is probably the reason why EA doesn't have EBay on their trusted list of sellers.

So if this is the case, then I would hate to see someone buying from EBay only to discover that they can't play their game.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    If what is being offered for sale are real unused factory discs still sealed up by EA, and that's what actually arrives after purchase, then the purchaser is probably fine. The problem is that we don't know what will really arrive when purchasing game discs that way. Many players have gotten burned with fake discs, bad registration codes, boxes opened and the codes already resold, etc. and then have had a lot of trouble getting their money back as what arrived was useless for them during which time they could have been playing the game. Or what arrives isn't really the Limited Edition after all. "It didn't happen to me," sorry, is not really enough on which to base a helpful recommendation.

I wouldn't recommend purchasing games with fussy DRM requirements this way unless one truly does like to gamble. But that doesn't mean it's impossible for such a purchase to have a happy ending.

I would suggest contacting EA Customer Support, though. Perhaps they still have a way to unlock the Limited Edition by way of Origin from their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    yep my showtime disk was new and unused sealed that i got on ebay
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    yep my showtime disk was new and unused sealed that i got on ebay
    That's great. But as I said, not everyone has had the same degree of success buying discs that way and getting exactly what was advertised. For those who just want the codes, not the discs, as they already have an Origin managed game, the code only sales are unauthorized and can tend to be useless to the player if EA places a block on their account.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net