Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I do prefer Sims 3

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    The Sims 3 is my favorite version. :) I love the open worlds, the scenery (which makes me stop playing and look), and the easy, yet complex gameplay. I do enjoy Sims 2, but I find the gameplay more difficult, and graphics limiting (let's be fair the game came out in 1999). And Sims 4 seems too cartoony for me and the scenery is more like a backdrop than scenery.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    But even with a good laptop isla paridiso lags soooo bad moving my sims to another town

Try moving them to Sunlit Tides. It's a good alternative to Isla Paradiso. You can get Sunlit Tides in the Exchange.
  • Options
    mattrweeksmattrweeks Posts: 41 Member
    Honestly, I do miss being able to fully customize the colors and patterns of things, and open world is nice. Sims 3 is what I was introduced to Sims with, so it will always hold a special place in my heart, and I still play it depending on what kind of game I feel like doing at a given time.

On the other hand, Sims 3 loading the game or a town takes forever, and the open world eventually bogs down my games to the point that even doing a Legacy Challenge I have to save the sims out and drop them into a fresh world every few gens - or else things go so slow it's ridiculous. 4 may mean loading when traveling, but there's a part of me that will take that since the game thus far runs so much nicer. Plus CAS is a huge deal for me. Even with the cartoony features, I like the CAS way more than the sliders of sims 3.
    Check out my play through of The Drifter Challenge House 01.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    I wish Sims 3 had the CAS tools of Sims 4. But those tools are useless to me in Sims 4 itself because the plastic approach leaves me completely indifferent using them. I feel nothing when I see a sim in the game, in Sims 3 I do. Sliders as such don’t bother me, Sims 4 is slider based as well. You just handle them differently.

Restarting a new game with the same sims is so easy that I don’t mind it myself. Especially because I love choosing a different world when I do, there’s so much more choice in Sims 3 concerning worlds. I love that, change of atmosphere. Loading goes real fast in my game as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Both sims 3 and sims 4 have their pros and cons. I love the open world of the sims 3, and I’ll give a shoutout to sims 3 newborn babies for being less annoying than sims 4 babies, but you can just do so much more with your sims in the sims 4 with the exception of babies. However, with that said, it’s much easier to take care of sims in the sims 3.

Give me TS4 CAS over TS3 CAS any day of the week. With CAS in TS4 there is a lot more you can do. You can pick the race, body shape, and a lot more.

For me personally, it’s easier and better to build houses on TS3 than TS4. With TS3, you can pick any design you want, unlike TS4 when you’re stuck with the given options.

I’m personally not a fan of the cartoonish hair of TS4, but you can easily download custom content and there are less glitches than TS3.

This is all just my opinion.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I´ve been playing a bit more Sims 4 in the last week, tried the 7-toddler-challenge (because, why not?), and found myself cheating their needs up like there´s no tomorrow, to keep the kiddos frome being taken away. The reason for that is not, that it´s so hard to raise a toddler in Sims 4 (it is harder than in Sims 3, but not exceptionally so), but the game is so buggy at the moment, it´s not even funny. My toddlers are glitched, the nanny is glitched, nobody does what they are told, dropping tasks left and right. The last two updates really screwed up my game. Last night I had to shut it down via taskmanager, because it just didn´t close. That´s really no fun. And even when it works, it´s just... gah. There are so many annoyances in the normal gameplay, that I end up totally stressed out.
    The toddlers are cute. Granted.

I think, I´ll try the challenge in Sims 3, at least there my sims do what I want them to, and don´t need up to five sim hours to eat some fricking toast. And the toddlers are also cute.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    The Sims 3 is my favorite version. :) I love the open worlds, the scenery (which makes me stop playing and look), and the easy, yet complex gameplay. I do enjoy Sims 2, but I find the gameplay more difficult, and graphics limiting (let's be fair the game came out in 1999). And Sims 4 seems too cartoony for me and the scenery is more like a backdrop than scenery.

The scenery is gorgeous in the sims 3. It's hard to believe it isn't the latest sims game. The Sims 2 came out in 2004, not 1999.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    kjkjkj123 wrote: »
    Both sims 3 and sims 4 have their pros and cons. I love the open world of the sims 3, and I’ll give a shoutout to sims 3 newborn babies for being less annoying than sims 4 babies, but you can just do so much more with your sims in the sims 4 with the exception of babies. However, with that said, it’s much easier to take care of sims in the sims 3.

Give me TS4 CAS over TS3 CAS any day of the week. With CAS in TS4 there is a lot more you can do. You can pick the race, body shape, and a lot more.

For me personally, it’s easier and better to build houses on TS3 than TS4. With TS3, you can pick any design you want, unlike TS4 when you’re stuck with the given options.

I’m personally not a fan of the cartoonish hair of TS4, but you can easily download custom content and
    there are less glitches than TS3.
    I´ve been playing a bit more Sims 4 in the last week, tried the 7-toddler-challenge (because, why not?), and found myself cheating their needs up like there´s no tomorrow, to keep the kiddos frome being taken away. The reason for that is not, that it´s so hard to raise a toddler in Sims 4 (it is harder than in Sims 3, but not exceptionally so),
    but the game is so buggy at the moment, it´s not even funny. My toddlers are glitched, the nanny is glitched, nobody does what they are told, dropping tasks left and right. The last two updates really screwed up my game. Last night I had to shut it down via taskmanager, because it just didn´t close. That´s really no fun. And even when it works, it´s just... gah. There are so many annoyances in the normal gameplay, that I end up totally stressed out.

I think, I´ll try the challenge in Sims 3, at least there my sims do what I want them to, and don´t need up to five sim hours to eat some fricking toast. And the toddlers are also cute.
    I see this discrepancy a lot and now that I catch it in one topic in two posts following each other even, I feel like adressing it. I’ve not played Sims 4 enough to encounter glitches or bugs myself, I sure have in TS3, so I know in that game it’s an annoying given. But while for Sims 3 friend and enemy seem to agree the game is buggy, for Sims 4 I see two completely opposite statements: at least it’s not a bug fest like TS3 vs it’s got so many bugs that I can’t play anymore (a stage Sims 3 never reached for me, I’ve always been able to solve the bugs and then continue without issues). So.... what is it..? I really find that confusing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > kjkjkj123 wrote: »
    >
    > (Spoiler)
    >
    > there are less glitches than TS3.
    >
    >
    >
    > Waterdragon wrote: »
    >
    > (Spoiler)
    >
    > but the game is so buggy at the moment, it´s not even funny. My toddlers are glitched, the nanny is glitched, nobody does what they are told, dropping tasks left and right. The last two updates really screwed up my game. Last night I had to shut it down via taskmanager, because it just didn´t close. That´s really no fun. And even when it works, it´s just... gah. There are so many annoyances in the normal gameplay, that I end up totally stressed out. (Spoiler)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I see this discrepancy a lot and now that I catch it in one topic in two posts following each other even, I feel like adressing it. I’ve not played Sims 4 enough to encounter glitches or bugs myself, I sure have in TS3, so I know in that game it’s an annoying given. But while for Sims 3 friend and enemy seem to agree the game is buggy, for Sims 4 I see two completely opposite statements: at least it’s not a bug fest like TS3 vs it’s got so many bugs that I can’t play anymore (a stage Sims 3 never reached for me, I’ve always been able to solve the bugs and then continue without issues). So.... what is it..? I really find that confusing.

Maybe it's just me. I have a MacBook Air and The Sims 4 is compatible with Mac so there are probably fewer glitches. I've played Sims 3 on an HP laptop and there weren't too many glitches. It crashed sometimes but to be fair I had lots of other things installed on my computer so that might come into play.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I’m personally not a fan of the cartoonish hair of TS4, but you can easily download custom content and
    I´ve been playing a bit more Sims 4 in the last week, tried the 7-toddler-challenge (because, why not?), and found myself cheating their needs up like there´s no tomorrow, to keep the kiddos frome being taken away. The reason for that is not, that it´s so hard to raise a toddler in Sims 4 (it is harder than in Sims 3, but not exceptionally so),
    but the game is so buggy at the moment, it´s not even funny. My toddlers are glitched, the nanny is glitched, nobody does what they are told, dropping tasks left and right. The last two updates really screwed up my game. Last night I had to shut it down via taskmanager, because it just didn´t close. That´s really no fun. And even when it works, it´s just... gah. There are so many annoyances in the normal gameplay, that I end up totally stressed out.

I see this discrepancy a lot and now that I catch it in one topic in two posts following each other even, I feel like adressing it. I’ve not played Sims 4 enough to encounter glitches or bugs myself, I sure have in TS3, so I know in that game it’s an annoying given. But while for Sims 3 friend and enemy seem to agree the game is buggy, for Sims 4 I see two completely opposite statements: at least it’s not a bug fest like TS3 vs it’s got so many bugs that I can’t play anymore (a stage Sims 3 never reached for me, I’ve always been able to solve the bugs and then continue without issues). So.... what is it..? I really find that confusing.

The bugs in ts4 seem to be more consistent but less game crushing (ie townies outfits going all wack) While ts3 bugs seem less frequent but worse (in one of mine it was causing crashes of the game ) Some people are bothered more by different types of bugs so they would disagree about which one of the game is glitchier.

ts3 ones also, in my experience, tend to be due more to having a computer that can not keep up. Like not having people show up to community lots, inactive pets and poor graphics are all bugs that are greatly reduced/eliminated by having a strong computer.

ts4 is killing me bug wise due to the sheer amount of them. One bug in ts4 is more tolerable than one bug in three but ts4 bugs kill my games by quantity and consistency. I also haven't herd yet about there being a difference depending on the computer the simmer is using.

Part of it could also be the whole ts4 vs ts3 thing that some people have leading them to deny or over exaggerate certain things, which would lead to less consensus on the topic.

I just got my sims 3 game working again and I am so happy right now. I missed ts3 and have been craving a good simming session that ts4 just couldn't do for me. I am especially loving the freedom of colors when building and creating sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thanks @kjkjkj123 and @BeJaWa , yes, it may very well be caused by what you consider bad/unplayable or not. And maybe playing style matters too. The more you play and use in the game, the more problems you risk to bump into.

As for the TS3 vs TS4 thing, I can assure everyone it’s perfectly possible to love a game to bits even when it occasionally drives you mad B) But maybe that’s subjective too. The ‘at least it runs smooth’ and ‘at least there are no bugs’ for me personally aren’t an argument. I’m more of an ‘at least I have fun’ kind of player (regardless what version that applies to, which is subjective as well).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited January 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I think, that in Sims 3 as well as in Sims 4, some bugs just don´t affect everyone. Some have them, some don´t, or they don´t care that much. Sims 3 was never very buggy for me, because I started playing in late 2014, when the game was finished and as good as it would ever get. Some bugs amuse me (like when my sims decide to forgo their clothes), for others there are so many warnings cursing through the net, that I just never tried the actions that may cause them (like the free vacation). None of the bugs I encountered were game breaking, only annoying or more or less easily solved, a lot of them kept at bay with the wonderful nraas mods.

The bugs I now see in Sims 4 are also not game breaking (I hope), but the problem is, that the game is still expanding, and like in Sims 3 in the past, when one issue is solved in an update, there are two new others. Some bugs just don´t affect everyone - since the saving menue was changed, I have an unsolved bug that makes my saving process really annoying. There´s a thread about that here somewhere, and I know, that very few have encountered that bug, but it is there.

Another thing is, that some bugs get more annoying, when you play different saves - when I play my just-for-fun Sims 4 save, and my sim decides that he prefers to chat with his daugher instead of eating his breakfast, like I told him to, and he goes to work hungry, then that´s kind of his problem and doesn´t bother me.
    When I play that challenge save and have seven toddlers in varying states of red, and my sim prefers to chat with the nanny, instead of bathing one of the stinky kiddos, like I told her (several times), then that really irks me.

Perhaps part of my anger right now is due to the fact, that I have the feeling, I can manage the Sims 3 bugs by myself, but the Sims 4 bugs are out of my control, and every time I update the game, I risk getting more of them.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.