Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I want to return to Sims 4

1235...Next

Comments

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Can I add alarm clocks? I really miss them XD
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Family trees are really needed in TS4. I sometimes forget how sims are related because I have so many played families. I think it could be something devs could patch in. The return of weather would really excite me, as would driveways cars and garages. So many things ts2 had ts4 does not.

We already have family trees though - that was reintroduced in February 2015

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Family trees are really needed in TS4. I sometimes forget how sims are related because I have so many played families. I think it could be something devs could patch in. The return of weather would really excite me, as would driveways cars and garages. So many things ts2 had ts4 does not.

I believe genealogy (family trees) was patched in a long time ago.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    Can I add alarm clocks? I really miss them XD

I thought it was already on the list. I'll add it :)
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • PepePepe Posts: 2 New Member
    This is why I find TS3 to be a bit better than TS4 because it's missing a lot of cool stuff from previous games.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2018
    What I would like to have back is: posing for pictures!

I don't mean random poses, like what we have now. I mean like in TS2, when Sims could be directed to take specific poses and they would hold it until the picture was taken. Better yet, I would like a few prearranged poses for duo, trios, and quad groups as well. Also, prearranged poses for different age groups and groups comprised of different ages.

(Sidebar: I also loved how, in TS2, the move objects cheat allowed me to move the actual Sims as if they were statues. I used to tell the Sims to pose, then paused the game and arranged the Sims in tight groups. It made for wonderful and interesting tableaux.)

If only the design team would add this posing mechanic, I'm pretty sure that the mod community would start adding their own poses, too.

It's time for photography to mean something again.

On that note, I also like how TS3 photographers had portfolios that they could build. Why not bring that back for this game? Give photographers assignments such as take a picture of: Sims playing basketball, a mother feeding an infant, a police officer making an arrest, a vampire taking a bite out of someone, etc.

As it is right now, photography is dead boring.

Also, please bring back the video camera from TS3 so that we can make home movies. I loved capturing special moments and being able to play them back on the television. I really miss that feature so much.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »
    What I would like to have back is: posing for pictures!

I don't mean random poses, like what we have now. I mean like in TS2, when Sims could be directed to take specific poses and they would hold it until the picture was taken. Better yet, I would like a few prearranged poses for duo, trios, and quad groups as well. Also, prearranged poses for different age groups and groups comprised of different ages.

(Sidebar: I also loved how, in TS2, the move objects cheat allowed me to move the actual Sims as if they were statues. I used to tell the Sims to pose, then paused the game and arranged the Sims in tight groups. It made for wonderful and interesting tableaux.)

If only the design team would add this posing mechanic, I'm pretty sure that the mod community would start adding their own poses, too.

It's time for photography to mean something again.

On that note, I also like how TS3 photographers had portfolios that they could build. Why not bring that back for this game? Give photographers assignments such as take a picture of: Sims playing basketball, a mother feeding an infant, a police officer making an arrest, a vampire taking a bite out of someone, etc.

As it is right now, photography is dead boring.

Also, please bring back the video camera from TS3 so that we can make home movies. I loved capturing special moments and being able to play them back on the television. I really miss that feature so much.

I feel like the photo assignment thing would be too difficult to develop into the game. Although it would be fun.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm curious @LoveMcQueen5683 . How So?

It was something that was very entertaining and effective in TS3. Is it a TS4-specific engine constraint again?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm curious @LoveMcQueen5683 . How So?

It was something that was very entertaining and effective in TS3. Is it a TS4-specific engine constraint again?

Because I feel it would be difficult to get the in-game camera to recognize that your taking a picture of a sim playing basketball, or whatever the assignment may be. I didnt know that was a featute in the sims 3 though so I guess its possible. I thought you were coming up with a new idea. Im going to add your photo ideas to the list.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    Create a Style, Fashion Designer and Model Career (but ACTIVE), and multipurpose venues, Sims 3 Superstar, Hotels, Boat Houses, Vacations, Islands, Skydiving Machine, Rollercoasters, Arcade games,....
  • tropicanahanatropicanahana Posts: 9 New Member
    online dating would be so funny! Making apartments and I miss when sims could play their instruments together.