Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• Bnrgames1165Bnrgames1165 Posts: 28 New Member
    Can't wait to see the new pack and thanks for giving us the opportunity to help with making decisions for it!
  • DijaliciousDijalicious Posts: 23 Member
    So um... all this talk about laundry... what about seasons though...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I still don't get why everybody thinks Wedding packs are so important. How many weddings do you have?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I still don't get why everybody thinks Wedding packs are so important. How many weddings do you have?

Hahah, I agree but I'm guessing they're players who are family or legacy players. :D I play with single sims so yeah, I wouldn't need a wedding pack. I do think the Luxury Party has some stuff that looks suitable for weddings.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    Now I want to know whether Sims' clothes will affect their hygiene score and moodlets. Clean socks = good mood? Will hygiene go down if a Sim puts on the same clothing after showering?
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Bearflex wrote: »
    Those of you who think laundry it's exciting come to my house and I have some you can do. LOL!

Luv this idea ! , But at the same time no I would be to afraid of strangers coming into My home, so I will have to pass and do My own laundry, even though it bores Me, :)
    RethaSim wrote: »
    Wow! How funny people are! My laundry in my house will be lying in piles waiting to be folded while my sim has spotless cupboards and has finished his/her washing hours ago! LOL! Strange how we want to imitate the mundane in Sims! It's sweet, I guess! People are strange creatures.

Onto other stuffpacks ... couldn't we have a "Celebrations" gamepack or stuffpack with Funerals, Baby Showers, Proms, WEDDINGS!!!! Graduations and so on and so forth! Maybe that's why it didnt get voted in, (weddings I mean) because it didn't seem like we would be getting enough out of it ... but if we did a celebrations stuff then we could have all sorts of different events etc. ?? Just thinking ... just brainstorming hahahaha xxx

I agree with this message 200 %, :)
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    When I voted for "eco-living" to be the theme I was thinking recycling, off-the-grid, and carbon conscious types of things to be added. To be honest, I voted for that theme simply because I hoped it would bring recycling into this game, which has been in previous games and I think is important and would like to role-play my sims being able to recycle.

I'm pretty disappointed that we're just getting mud rooms and laundry, though I hope everyone that actually wanted what was voted for in the end are happy with it.

I hope an actual "eco-living" type of pack comes out in the future. Maybe even make it a game pack and expand upon all of the things that didn't make it into this stuff pack.

I was originally planning on buying this pack on its release day if it actually stayed true to the "eco-living" theme, but now I'll probably just wait until it goes on sale. I still like the items that are in it, but it's not anything I'm excited about.

I also agree with this message but for 500%, cause I feel the same, :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    When I voted for "eco-living" to be the theme I was thinking recycling, off-the-grid, and carbon conscious types of things to be added. To be honest, I voted for that theme simply because I hoped it would bring recycling into this game, which has been in previous games and I think is important and would like to role-play my sims being able to recycle.

I'm pretty disappointed that we're just getting mud rooms and laundry, though I hope everyone that actually wanted what was voted for in the end are happy with it.

I hope an actual "eco-living" type of pack comes out in the future. Maybe even make it a game pack and expand upon all of the things that didn't make it into this stuff pack.

I was originally planning on buying this pack on its release day if it actually stayed true to the "eco-living" theme, but now I'll probably just wait until it goes on sale. I still like the items that are in it, but it's not anything I'm excited about.

I also agree with this message but for 500%, cause I feel the same, :)

Me too. Eco - living theme turned in to laundry is rather redundant totally against all that Eco living stands for.

Oh well - I guess it is enough for some people to just believe they are living the eco - friendly life or as many tend to remind us - this is just a game. I do wish they had not wasted the theme on a laundry pack though - game or no game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Is there an eco-friendly option for drying clothes indoors included in the laundry pack, for apartment-dwelling Sims? Maybe a clothes horse or an over-the-tub clothes line?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Is there an eco-friendly option for drying clothes indoors included in the laundry pack, for apartment-dwelling Sims? Maybe a clothes horse or an over-the-tub clothes line?

I don't know what a clothes horse is but there's only one option which is that clothing line thing they have posted.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CuteDragonDettCuteDragonDett Posts: 10 New Member
    Oh no.. laundry.... :/ why not try something different?How about EPs about mythology or space station???
    Although the constantly coming new contents are great, I am just feeling that it somehow lacked something more exciting and fresh?

Years ago when playing Sims 2&3, I had been very fond of making lots, figures and stories of Greek-mythology style using the columns and magic content in the game. I like to build large halls high on the hills to have greater views and some Sacred feelings. So I'm always curious whether it's possible to have such a them pack where we can play as gods in the game and live in the great halls and gardens above the clouds, or Olympia mountain I guess?? XD Maybe god sims can also have some amazing tricks different from the future wizards pack. I got these ideas for quite a long time and I just can't stop imagining the views living above in the god realm where mortal sims can't easily wander into. Especially after the San Myshuno pack came out, the views from high platforms and screen windows are just shocking. Kagaya's amazing pictures of starry tales of Greece and the elvish Rivendell in the Hobbit movies also inspired me.

This morning I got an even wilder idea when brushing the teeth. Since we already have rockets in the game, why can't we have rocket pad high there on some space stations where sims can visit, live, do research and some other fun tricks?? Just imagine the views of earth and stars through the windows.. The Into the Future EP is one of my favorite in the sims series so why not take a further step??
  • woohootattoowoohootattoo Posts: 25 Member
    Bring it on!! Thanks Graham :)
    Hi Guys, it's Alex here -- The Girl with the Woohoo Tattoo

(Rebranded to TheLadyStardust, but it's still me!!)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

For starters we don't have that many clothing options for wedding gowns or suits for grooms plus no wedding veils or tiaras. Look at all the TS3 Store Romanza Set had. I don't know though I feel that they'll do weddings in a Gamepack though instead of a Stuffpack. I'm happy either way.
  • babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    Seriously Guys. It’s cute how you still don’t know EA at all. They have built up a reputation for years of exploiting players and care about nothing but money. And recently, finally almost everybody came to realize this... thus their dive in the stock-market. It would be really nice if they actually made a vote to get players‘ opinions and cared as much as they pretend to – and maybe large parts of the time actually do, but they don’t get a say in this. But like some of you already pointed out this was most likely just another scheme EA pulled to gain customers‘ sympathy (and satisfaction) while making sure it was the most dull and basic feature that would be put in a stuff pack when it really should have been included in a free update. Way to get people hyped up if their choice wins and forget about how senseless it really is.

Let’s face it, all the SPs, GPs and EPs focused on one thing: creating a hype and therefore sales but not delivering much for it. Just the concept of having so many different forms of additions already indicates it clearly – it’s just split up items of what could have been proper expansions. There is no Create-A-World tool so we buy expansions bringing us new neighbourhoods since we can’t create them
    ourselves. There has been a GP right at the start with only one holiday destination so we‘d be longing for more for all this time and EA can someday come along as our „knight in shining armor“ who hands it down to us. It’s predictable, and it’s sad. And I feel bad for anyone employed there who actually wants to do nice things for the fans and with the game. The potential is there, but EA just has a talent for ruining it with their greed.

I hate to use the refrence but this, my friends, is Crack Baby Basketball.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Since when was doing laundry fun in real life it is boring and a waste of time but you have to do it eventually. The choices for the next SP looks like a propaganda agenda to me, just look at the titles of the next SP's. I hope this changes because they aren't gong to get my money.
  • Pandafan9985Pandafan9985 Posts: 5 New Member
    I think there should be an expansion pack for the Sims 4 that has to do with artisans or tradesmen.
    It could have lots of new skills that we've had before and new ones that we've never gotten to play with. Sims could pursue glass blowing, cobbling shoes, making clocks, flower arranging, toy building, pottery, or seamstress work.

It could pair with Get to Work and Sims can sell their creations. The pack could also introduce a lot more in the way of antiques and collectibles so Sims can sell them or collect them, like lamps, stamps, pocket watches/clocks, dolls, radios, and book series.

I think a lot of people would appreciate a pack like this because collecting and crafting things would give us a sense of completion and fulfillment as well as our Sims.

Thank you!
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    There needs to be washing machines and when sims don’t wash their clothes in a while they get an uncomfortable moodlet and their hygiene goes down.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited December 2017
    Out of curiosity, why were toddlers part of a free patch (which arguably could be, not just a stuff pack but game pack on it's own) but laundry is not? We don't pay for an entire new age group, but we pay for laundry?
  • liloflowersliloflowers Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! I wish youd create a platform that looked like the one in Sims 3, where we could buy simpoints and download exclusive content from the oficial website; i dont think laundry is the best choise, you could create something like the four seasons or weddings.
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    I'm just waiting for the return of seasons.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    @jaxie086 I would have loved a pre-teen life stage.
    o5jNANX.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top