Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Jungle Adventure Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    All I wish is the classic Latin Music Channel gets back like one in Sims 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I can honestly say that I was completely surprised about an Adventure Themed GP, I didn't see that one coming. But I'm pretty excited to see more. Especially, if we get a new destination world to visit/explore... Granite Falls looks pretty lonely in that menu section. LOL
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Eh I don't know about this. To be honest, I haven't found any GP worth getting for my gameplay (I got spa day but haven't actually used it except for the bathtub options). I liked Adventures in Sims 2 but got tired of it pretty fast.

I just want seasons ;p
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I love going on adventures.

Okay... I understand why it's most likely going to be a destination world. I mean Granite Falls is pretty sad looking all alone.
    the thing is Like Granite Falls, I wish I could have my home there Permanently.

So my hope is that this Adventure's World, is unappealing to me, so that I would never desire to live there.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of Destination Worlds. How I see it, any of the "Full" worlds could be a destination world.
    Just make sure you have someone to hold the house down for you, and move to where you want them to be "on vacation"
    That's another thing that bothers me you have to "Take a vacation" to Travel to a Destination world. you can take a vacation day if you want to but I think if you just want to get up and go for the weekend, or overnight, you can, you don't have to put in a vacation day.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hoping for a new woohoo spot as well.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Okay... I understand why it's most likely going to be a destination world. I mean Granite Falls is pretty sad looking all alone.

So my hope is that this Adventure's World, is unappealing to me, so that I would never desire to live there.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of Destination Worlds. How I see it, any of the "Full" worlds could be a destination world.
    Just make sure you have someone to hold the house down for you, and move to where you want them to be "on vacation"
    That's another thing that bothers me you have to "Take a vacation" to Travel to a Destination world. you can take a vacation day if you want to but I think if you just want to get up and go for the weekend, or overnight, you can, you don't have to put in a vacation day.

I also wish we could convert our worlds to home/destination as we like, but am fine with keeping the vacation worlds as they are now that we're likely to get more than one. I did put copies of the rental lots in Newcrest, the two bigger houses make nice family homes, but the cabins are bit too pricey for starter homes unless you buy them unfurnished. If the lodgings in the adventure world are similar, I'll probably do the same. But being able to toggle a vacation world to a home world may help us multi-family players with the housing crunch many of us face with the smaller worlds, plus they just look better in their original environment.

I don't mind having to "take a vacation" to get there, since it's too easy for our sims to make a lot of money, they need something to spend it on, & mine usually earn it back with all the fishing & collecting to do there. Sometimes I just send them for the day & rent the cheapest lot, but a "take a day trip" option would be nice, where they could just go to the park without having to rent a lodging.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2018
    [...]Okay... I understand why it's most likely going to be a destination world. I mean Granite Falls is pretty sad looking all alone. [...]
    That's what I thought too when I accidentally clicked on the destination world(s).

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well, GF is on a page all by it's self with plenty of room to add a lot more vacation packs. I'm guessing that is their intention otherwise why not put it on the world page, too.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Woohoo where though? Based on the concept it would be interesting to find out. Sims 4 lacks woohoo spots compared to even Sims 2.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

Woohoo where though? Based on the concept it would be interesting to find out. Sims 4 lacks woohoo spots compared to even Sims 2.

Lol I feel like Sims 4 lacks a LOT of things compared to Sims 2, in my opinion. Just compare "Three Lakes" from Sims 2 and "Granite Falls" in Sims 4. Sims 2 had hot springs, chicken pot pie, flapjacks, new dances/gestures, log-rolling, bigfoot, axe-throwing, etc. Lots of small details and great content could've been brought back to Sims 4 to really bring it home and add that storytelling aspect and the fun family adventures that is kind of missing. But anyways, enough ranting :D

I'm interested in this adventure pack. I'm excited to see what it brings. Maybe they'll find a tomb or some sort of shrine inside the temple where they can woohoo on or around, upsetting the temple spirits or whatever LOL. Maybe they'll find a giant pile of treasure and woohoo in it. :p But honestly, I think if they add sleeping bags or hammocks, those will probably be new woohoo spots.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options

LOL yeah Granite Falls looked so lonely in the destination worlds page :D It's about time we got a new vacation spot to go to.
    & I agree. I wish we had some residential lots in vacation worlds. I wouldn't want it to look unappealing lol but I hope we will get an expansion pack where we are able to purchase a second home and have it be a vacation home, maybe for a beach pack or skii resort pack? That way the family can visit over there whenever they want without having to worry about vacation days or renting or booking hotel rooms (whenever we get that option).
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I will probably pre-order this the first day it's available. I am soooo excited about this. My sims aren't the kind of sims who like to stay at home and do laundry. They like to go out and see what other worlds have to offer. Not only is this a new world (we all assume), but there will be new gameplay that's not centered around the home. This makes me very happy.

I'm happy that homeplay simmers have new activities around the house. I just hope the devs keep adding things to do away from home.

ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Just compare "Three Lakes" from Sims 2 and "Granite Falls" in Sims 4.

I stopped comparing Sims 4 to Sims 2 and Sims 3 a while ago. Too sad.

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    There's not enough info to be excited at this point but I think it's gonna be like Indiana Jones, it doesn't read vacation GP to me.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I loved WA it was fun
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Eh I don't know about this. To be honest, I haven't found any GP worth getting for my gameplay (I got spa day but haven't actually used it except for the bathtub options). I liked Adventures in Sims 2 but got tired of it pretty fast.

I just want seasons ;p

Adventures was in Sims 3 not Sims 2 was it not?
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I think there will be two destinations. That way, there will be 3 different destinations, and it won't look lonely. And they don't have to make another vacation pack.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I think there will be two destinations. That way, there will be 3 different destinations, and it won't look lonely. And they don't have to make another vacation pack.

I'd really love that, but that might be stretching it for a single GP. :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

They have only showed the possibility of one location. On what do you base a second?
  • Options
    LazyGrimLazyGrim Posts: 104 Member
    Personally, I'm hoping for this be an altered dangerous stuff pack and have a bunch of fun ways for my sims to kill themselves on vacation. Kind of like OR but with hobbies instead of camping. Dangerous flora and fauna that you could tame (like snakes and more carnivorous plants) and bring home as pets would be nice. It would be cool if cursed relics could have the curses broken so that you can have a super cool item that could instantly kill your enemies, summon ghosts/skeletons, make friendships increase instantly, gain skills faster, and paint/write faster. It would also be cool if sims could paraglide, cave dive, zipline, firewalk, and do other crazy things on vacation. I remember world adventures had a snake charming basket and the snakes launched themselves at your sims' faces - that was awesome.
  • Options
    LazyGrim wrote: »
    Personally, I'm hoping for this be an altered dangerous stuff pack and have a bunch of fun ways for my sims to kill themselves on vacation. Kind of like OR but with hobbies instead of camping. Dangerous flora and fauna that you could tame (like snakes and more carnivorous plants) and bring home as pets would be nice. It would be cool if cursed relics could have the curses broken so that you can have a super cool item that could instantly kill your enemies, summon ghosts/skeletons, make friendships increase instantly, gain skills faster, and paint/write faster. It would also be cool if sims could paraglide, cave dive, zipline, firewalk, and do other crazy things on vacation. I remember world adventures had a snake charming basket and the snakes launched themselves at your sims' faces - that was awesome.

YES to pet snakes & YES to all the activities like cave dive, zipline, and fire walk! Maybe even actual rock climbing or a sky walk (where you walk on ropes/bridge above trees). I also think that the idea of cursed relics would be awesome :smiley:
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

More than one lot to explore in a single world would be fine, but if there was more than one destination world it would probably have been released as an EP. I'm fine with them releasing more single destination game packs, that way they can focus on keeping each location unique. World Adventures was great, but once you got into the tombs they were all more or less the same, basically a maze with obstacles.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    When do you think we will get some more info?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    When do you think we will get some more info?

Maybe in February, closer to the release date (whenever THAT is)...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    A new adventure GP is coming to "The Sims 4" in the first quarter of 2018!

Here's the news: Announcement of GP

What do think of the theme?
    When do you think it will be released exactly?
    Are you considering to buy it?
    What would be the perfect title?
    Any ideas for one or two gameplay object(s)?

Let the speculation begin!

It says winter 2018 but winter 2018 can be December 2018 too, it will be winter too, but after almost a year :(