Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Separating/ Divorcing your Sims - TS4

2...Next

Comments

• faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I actually did a divorce for the first time today. The woman wouldn’t leave either! Her picture and control was all gone but she stayed in the house and even tried to sleep in the same bed as her ex. I moved the family to fix this and she hung around like a stalker. Lol
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited January 2018
    The very first time I had sims divorce, was due to the fact that the dad had the insane trait. The couple had adopted a child, I made up that the father had mental health issues in his family that were genetic, hence the adoption. Since I play rotationally, whenever I was playing another household, the dad would be dirty and sleeping in the park, so I had the mother divorce him on the grounds his mental health was getting worse, and she was no longer able to deal with it and raise their daughter.

Eventually, I edited him so he no longer had the insane trait, both eventually remarried, happily, and had more children, so it all turned out well in the end. The adopted daughter grew up quite lovely and married an immigrant who was kind of funny looking, but had all good traits.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I actually did a divorce for the first time today. The woman wouldn’t leave either! Her picture and control was all gone but she stayed in the house and even tried to sleep in the same bed as her ex. I moved the family to fix this and she hung around like a stalker. Lol

I failed to mention that my Rock Star hired a live-in Nanny. She really treated the baby boy like he was her own. This endeared her to Erik. One night things got a little hot & heavy between them and next thing she knew, a baby was on the way. He married her before the child came. They were deliriously happy, these two. When it came time for the first child to have a birthday, the new wife invited the child's mother to the party. Problem is 'mom' was a no-show. The thing is, sometime after that, she started calling her ex-husband to invite him on a date … . So, no, they never really are gone. :worried:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JessieStar217JessieStar217 Posts: 5 New Member
    For me it just depends on what kind of storyline I want. My most recent family is a wife, husband, and toddler, but the mom and dad divorced. I had the mom take the child because I planned to have the child grow up to be a collector (collecting birds feathers, fossils, etc) because I’ve never experienced that side of the game. I didn’t care for the father to be in the child’s life, but they had a really good relationship so he calls her every other day asking if she can come over or if he can come over to visit with her. It’s acfually pretty sweet considering what a jerk he was to his now ex-wife before they divorced :smile:

Very few of my sims get divorced, burn the ones that have only get divorced because I’ve found someone better for my sim (sorry not sorry!) so I usually don’t bother having the ex-spouse around because it’s just extra work for me
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I had a sim in TS3 who divorced due to a midlife crisis wish. He married someone else, but he got a 2nd divorce and he remarried to his 1st wife as an elder.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited January 2018
    I haven't had anyone divorce in Sims 4 yet, although there are several canditates. Number one is the Jang family. When I finally started to play them something unexpected happened. The day after the welcome committy visited, Baako Jang got a phonecall from one of the members. One of my ex-townies I moved into my rotational play took a real shine to the male half (Baako) of the couple and she actually invited him on a date.

One of those phone invites when I was playing the Jangs. And I actually accepted on his behalf because the venue was a brand new gallery restaurant I had just plonked down and was dying to see if it works. They hit it off real and their romance bar skyrocketed but I was really worried how it would play out as they are actually live in same apartment complex and she has two kids living with her (her own and a foster child) so keeping it a 'secret' would be impossible. Also the cheating cad would be breaking up his family and his poor daughter, yadda, yadda, ya. Also I was seeing a new side to that other Sim of mine for asking Baako, a MARRIED man, on a date.

Cue a day later, when Anaya got a same phonecall and this time from an actual townie. A FEMALE townie, with the 'I do believe opposites attracts and I was wondering if you would want to go on a date at .... and see where it takes us?' (I am paraphrasing btw). I am thinking the game is actually trying to tell me something. I did not have her accept because I don't like that particular townie and I think Anaya has that woman in red in her relationship panel (I really haven't checked very well though). But I am definatly keeping the possibilities open for a future lady match for her.

Talk about the Sims autonomously deciding my storylines for them.

Right now, I am back in Willow Creek and am currently sorting out the BFF household (really just trying to decide wether to delete them or not, well maybe some of them and merge the others into other households) but when the turn goes back to the Jangs things will hopefully develope.

Another my 'to be divorced but I have actually changed my mind' couple is actually my insane Sim who married J. jr. (from the roomate household from Oasis Springs). She was never supposed to be married as her storyline mapped her out as a single, insane mom trying to cope. But due to her misfortune in cooking accidents (yes, plural, as in more than two and more than four) and me mistaking the 'make baby' icon for the 'woohoo' icon and her being a NO cheat household (oye!). She snagged J. Was supposed to be temporary :neutral: especially as I was unable to like J. But wouldn't you know. J. jr. is a great dad. I can't split them up without J. Jr. taking the little girl and leaving my insane Sim a bit more insane then she is right now. So they stick together trying to heal a rift that...well. I caused. But who knows what will happen in the future.

But as with, who lives with who after a divorce. I am lazy. I just choose the parent with highest relationship score and move the whole kittencaboodle (the kids) with that parent and then I am just very good at having the other parent visit a lot and have the kids visit the other parent. I really hate splitting up siblings. I have done it, both for divorces (not in Sims 4 though) and not from divorces (in Sims 4) but it has to make sense, storywise.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Stina1701A Baako flirted with my sim autonomously twice.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I have played Sims, since Sims2. I played 3 and now am playing 4. I can count on ONE hand the number of divorces I allowed in my game. The very first one only came about because I had created a live-in Nanny for my game, (this was in Sims2) and while I was busy tending to one Sim in the family, the Dad got home and suddenly my attention got brought around to him out in the backyard with said Nanny. An idea tickled the back of my brain, and I decided to see how the game handles divorces. So, I allowed those two Sims to carry on in an untoward manner and eventually, he got himself kicked out of the house! The children (five of them) cried so hard, it broke my heart.

In Sims3 my poor singer Sim came home to find his wife had put their newborn baby out on the front lawn at night in the POURING rain! (The Sim did this autonomously, too.) I had them 'talk' about the situation, after Dad rescued his little son. Guess things got out of hand, because the fight got very bad between them. I decided to see if they could salvage their relationship anyway. He had another gig to perform one evening a short time later. Again the weather was rather inclement and it rained. Once again, for no good reason (not a routing problem, no she was NOT insane) Torrie did it again (autonomously). Took that helpless newborn outside and placed him on the lawn — IN THE RAIN. (The baby cried piteously, I could barely stand it.) I brought my singer Sim home immediately after his gig (when he would normally go dancing to unwind, afterwards) to rescue his son. Yes, they fought again. Suddenly, the interaction for break-up was in the menu. This was very sad for Erik who had broken up so many times, prior, thinking he'd finally found the One. But, I sat in my desk chair and contemplated what to do. I deemed the female evil and punched the break-up button. Then I immediately went into Edit Town, to remove her from the household, so she couldn't take the baby with her! I put her into an apartment. Erik then went to the Courthouse and got a divorce. Yes, he took heat from it, since he was a 5-Star celebrity. But, considering he had full custody of the child, he sued for slander — and won. This is my Sim, whose second fiancée recklessly flirted with his brother-in-law at the family Gift-Giving Party. (Her punishment? I put her into the Bin.)

I keep thinking in the back of my mind that there was possibly one more, but it's not coming forward at this time. I play as I live, same code of ethics. My maternal grandparents were married 50 years, same with my parents. I'll be married for 44 in May.

Hahaha. I am laughing so hard right now. See nothing this dramatic ever happens in my games. My daughter often gets drama in her game, but I don't. I am laughing so hard at this. @GalacticGal , I'd pay to just watch you play the sims. Hahaha.

Congrats on the 44 btw. Its been 30+ for myself and hubby. I am "old school" family values, and I guess it spills right over into how I play my sims. But I'd love some of that drama sometime, lol, too cute. Thank you for this laugh!
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    j3n1yn wrote: »
    I have a couple of Sims that share custody. I just move the child back and forth from the mom's household to the dad's household. Usually once a week, sometimes they get 2 weeks with the kid before I send them back to the other parent lol When the kids are toddlers the non active parent hangs around the active parent's house so that's kind of annoying because they won't leave.

So, I think I'm am actually going to try this. This sounds really interesting. I am assuming when you say you send them back to the other parent, you go into manage households and with the family selected, you use the options in the panel and split them up, correct? I never realized/considered this function could be used for this play type, pretty cool B)
  • horseypotatohorseypotato Posts: 23 Member
    I rarely divorce because for a while my relationships were really glitchy and things like boyfriend/girlfriend would be stuck forever and I did it once on a household with 2 children because the parents kept randomly fighting (dont know if it was due to the husbands insane trait?) but the husband would turn up at the lot randomly and would start trying to perform romance actions even when their bar was in the red? Think my game just hates me :D