Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really, Eliza Pancakes? Why? Can you leave...

Hey, so a weird thing happened in my game yesterday. It has never happened to me before. I was just casually playing with my household I made and just when I was going to send one them to bed, I found her...

GNqzndS.png?1

I don't even know why Eliza was at my house. First of all, she never asked to come over and I certainly didn't invite her over. Second, none of the Sims in my household know Eliza, so I have no idea why she even came over to my house or why she just went inside and slept in my bed. It was annoying because then my Sims couldn't sleep in that bed and the male of the household had to share a bed with his teenage daughter. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Also, recently I had another Sim just come to my house. He was technically the father of the baby that was in the house, but he never asked to come over and I didn't invite him, plus the mother hated him. When he did come over, he wouldn't leave. He literally spent two Sim days outside my house. Despite my attempts using Reset Sim and having the mother ask him to leave.

z9GoXp0.jpg?1
7Ar0t8G.png

Or do both and create yourself as a mermaid.

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I had random sims enter my apartment the other day. Didn't know any of them and they didnt have a key.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I had a random sim come into my sim's house and eat some food and then leave. It was bizarre and freaked me out.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well with the Laundry Day pack, you can burn the witch!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Sims can trigger another Sim into apartments by encountering them - so, not sure if this is the same with a house. I can remember sending a Sim out into the hallway to shout and swear at a neighbour - this triggered the neighbour to follow my Sim into his apartment and he acted like he was a welcome guest - playing on the computer or something. I told my Sim to tell him to leave.
  • Options
    thesims3mermaidthesims3mermaid Posts: 180 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Sims can trigger another Sim into apartments by encountering them - so, not sure if this is the same with a house. I can remember sending a Sim out into the hallway to shout and swear at a neighbour - this triggered the neighbour to follow my Sim into his apartment and he acted like he was a welcome guest - playing on the computer or something. I told my Sim to tell him to leave.

Yeah, I don't really know, but I don't think it is that. I don't even have City Living installed, so I'm not sure. It's just really bizarre and freaky.
    7Ar0t8G.png

• Options
    RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2018
    Same thing happened to me with baby daddies just walking in and never leaving. I usually end up locking the doors to non household members, but that inconveniences the actual invited guests. Sometimes locking the door is tricky too because the baby's dad will lurk outside and as soon as I unlock the door to let a guest come in, the dad just sneaks in behind them. It's super creepy and kind of realistic. This went on until the toddler became a kid.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The other parent deciding to move in uninvited bug has been around for awhile. You have to group with them and then ask them to leave. I wish this bug would get fixed.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited January 2018
    Don't know about Eliza. About the baby's daddy if you don't want him to visit uninvited just remove him from being a caregiver dependent.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Last time a Sim from outside the household slept in one of my sims' beds, he had been invited. So I got his future father-in-law to wake him up and out he went to find his fiancée and sleep with her instead.
    I wonder if the unvited guests are related to the issue I'm having. Married a Sim off and sh emoved out of the household. Then she apparently spent the next week hanging out at her family's house as if she' dnever left. Never got invited back, never asked to visit, never leaves. She even went to sleep in her old bedroom.
    image.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Eliza's talker tendencies just hit a new level I'm surprised. :V

Was playing with another household and for whatever reason I get other random sims and/or their neighbors in the apartment complex just come waltzing right in. Using the computer briefly, watching tv, waltzing into the kitchen to take food my sim made for themselves or just coming in standing in the room awkwardly and leaving. So, now I just make sure I lock the door indefinitely unless my sims invite others over.

:# Sims are so rude these days.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    JoeHumanJoeHuman Posts: 32 Member
    I've found that Sims with the 'inappropriate' trait tend to do these things. My current sim has this trait, met another sim with the same trait and the sim showed up at our house one day, super stinkin' and just invited herself in. We asked her to leave after she started helping herself to food.
    Also, when I built a pool in the yard, Sims I already know and also any repairperson that came to the house would come over just to play and swim, then they'd help themselves to just anything they wanted in the fridge.

I think it's all HILARIOUS! I love how they all just do what they want.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Don't know about Eliza, but I DID have Bella Goth just randomly show up at my house once. None of my Sims knew her at all, which made it that much weirder.

The only (possible) clue was that Bella was SAD about something and (maybe) just wanted to talk to someone... anyone!

Did Eliza appear sad when she woke up? I'm assuming your Sim spoke to her ("ask to leave" or something).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Check to see if your home lot got changed to something else, like a community lot. This sort of thing happened to me a couple years ago...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Stalker!
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »
    You have to group with them and then ask them to leave. I wish this bug would get fixed.

Thank you for letting me know @Jestina
    I will try this next he shows up and doesn't leave.

7Ar0t8G.png

• Options
    JoeHuman wrote: »
    I've found that Sims with the 'inappropriate' trait tend to do these things.

It is funny, but like I said it was annoying at the time because my Sim couldn't sleep in the bed. I don't know if Eliza has the inappropriate trait. I've never really spent time with her with any of my households, but I do know for a fact that the dad did not have the inappropriate trait. My Sim learned all his traits.
    7Ar0t8G.png

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Check to see if your home lot got changed to something else, like a community lot. This sort of thing happened to me a couple years ago...

Yeah, I definitely know that my home lot was not changed. No other sims have come to my household like that. Plus it definitely says Residential.
    7Ar0t8G.png

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Don't worry, she was just taking a break from the Laundry Day idle stream the gurus have at their house on Twitch.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Did Eliza appear sad when she woke up? I'm assuming your Sim spoke to her ("ask to leave" or something).

I don't think so. I didn't really pay close attention I guess, and just had my Sim kick her out right away. I do believe that she was tired because she walked out kind of sluggish, like Sims do when they are tired.
    7Ar0t8G.png

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I think the father-thing is a known bug in the game. Where they want so badly to be there for their child, that they just never leave. Stalkish, much?

As for Eliza, well..... This is why I let her die. :# I can not stand her in my game.
    - But in all seriousness, I’ve had uninvited Sims pop into my houses before and make themselves at home, yes. It’s only happened a few times though, but I always assumed it had something to do with CL’s key-feature. But considering you don’t have that installed, I’m unsure.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Something odd must be happening since the patch or since Laundry Day because I just started a household in Brindleton Bay and Justin Delgato just walked into the house and stated cleaning dishes - none of my sims even know him yet and it was not during a welcome wagon or anything like that and he is not a vampire - he was just suddenly there inside the house.
  • Options
    j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    Just Goldilocks disguised as Eliza..
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    When I play the Vatore's, my victims seemed to think that when I drink their blood it means "please! come into my house! play chess with my sister! it will be jolly good fun!" cuz I usually play as Caleb. I think once Caleb left for work and Don still insisted on staying in the house for like.. 2 entire days... I think I told him to peeve off eventually. Ik that's probably not the exact same though cuz I still initiate some kinda interaction with 'em, but it seems a bit strange for sims to wake up from being passed out on the floor after being bitten for blood and then going straight to the house of the person who bit them for a nice game of chess...
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Same thing happened to me with baby daddies just walking in and never leaving. I usually end up locking the doors to non household members, but that inconveniences the actual invited guests. Sometimes locking the door is tricky too because the baby's dad will lurk outside and as soon as I unlock the door to let a guest come in, the dad just sneaks in behind them. It's super creepy and kind of realistic. This went on until the toddler became a kid.

Is the baby now a toddler? I forget if it was in the Parenthood patch or if you have the pack, but if the parents don't live together the non-residemt parent will come over to check on the toddler.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    JoeHuman wrote: »
    I've found that Sims with the 'inappropriate' trait tend to do these things. My current sim has this trait, met another sim with the same trait and the sim showed up at our house one day, super stinkin' and just invited herself in. We asked her to leave after she started helping herself to food.
    Also, when I built a pool in the yard, Sims I already know and also any repairperson that came to the house would come over just to play and swim, then they'd help themselves to just anything they wanted in the fridge.

Isn't "Inappropriate" in Sims 3?