Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I was day dreaming in the car this morning about where my sims should go next for a holiday and the pros and cons of each world. I live vicariously through my sims :lol:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    ...You're cleaning your bathroom and wish your Sims had more cleaning house options.

They must suffer even as you have! :naughty:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I've probably mentioned this before, but a couple of times, I wake up in the middle of the night and have to pee. "OK, zoom out, right click and drag the viewframe. Select the toilet..." "Oh yeah, I have to actually get out of bed."
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    ...when you try to shift click to delete someone, then remember you can only do that and it be okay on sims
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    I remember that several years ago I heard a tune from TS3 used in some soap opera and I asked my grandma sitting next to me, "omg, I know this melody from The Sims game, why is this tune on TV?". It doesn't matter that she didn't understand what I was talking about :P
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    gerefteast wrote: »
    I remember that several years ago I heard a tune from TS3 used in some soap opera and I asked my grandma sitting next to me, "omg, I know this melody from The Sims game, why is this tune on TV?". It doesn't matter that she didn't understand what I was talking about :P

@gerefteast Yes. I have heard that before. I've heard it on Extreme Cheapskates and I heard a song from My Sims on The Loud House. It just makes my day when I hear the sims songs. Many times, it is quite fitting to the show. I wonder where they are getting the songs from.

Many years ago Pergo did a commercial with a song from TS2. It was great.
    @Anthonydyer, I'm from Poland and I heard the song in some Polish tv programme. It was one of the buy mode tunes. Well, it was quite surprising ;)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @gerefteast @Anthonydyer During the 2012 London Olympics, a TS3 build track accompanied one of those fluff pieces they show when there isn't anything interesting (read: track, swimming, or women's gymnastics) going on at the moment. Having already spent so much time building, I recognized the music from the first bar. The piece started with people driving through the Welsh woods, and the music was absolutely perfect; the scenery reminded me a bit of a dried-out Twinbrook. The "correspondent" was "investigating" the "weird" names and spellings that Welsh towns still use (did you know that there are other languages in England besides English? Who would have thought?!) and generally being a well-meaning but totally ignorant American. I always wondered if some sound engineer was a simmer and wanted to say, hey look, there's a language that makes about as much sense to me as Simmish! Let's set the mood with some loading music.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Getting a bit off topic again, sorry, but there has been a funny story floating around the Internet for years concerning the Welsh language. Don't know if this ever really happened or if it was an urban legend, but back when inter-office communications (email) were pretty new someone in the highway department needed to order up a sign that said, "Road patterns are changing temporarily due to construction, the bridge ahead is out, drive slowly and be safe" or something like that. But the construction project was in Wales and the worker didn't speak the language, so they reached out to the government operations office for a translation so the sign could be localized.

They got an answer ten seconds later and were really impressed with the efficiency of this new email system and the responsiveness of the office worker.

So somewhere in Wales on a road where one could conceivably drive off of a bridge that isn't all there, a huge sign was then posted that said, in Welsh, "Hi, I am out of the office until Tuesday. I will respond upon my return, but please contact our receptionist if you need immediate assistance." :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lrnblsm98lrnblsm98 Posts: 51 Member
    When you look at houses and try to find one you want to build in the game
  • SlpngktSlpngkt Posts: 1 New Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > Tomorrow I might be going to a social club meeting held at a University. I looked up the building and it looks like this:
    >
    >
    >
    > To me it looks like a TS3 rabbit hole so I I go inside, I will feel like a Sim going inside...

At first I thought Binder Clips Center, but that is clearly Cuisine and Contracts haha
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you play and do laundry/cook/other stuff at the same time while the game is still running, it doesn't matter that you're not there every second, your sims' lifes must go on and you can't delay them.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    When you play and do laundry/cook/other stuff at the same time while the game is still running, it doesn't matter that you're not there every second, your sims' lifes must go on and you can't delay them.

@Avatarit Don't you know about the Sims rule that you should never leave your game without pausing it? Every time I get up without pausing the game (even if just going to the bathroom) I can guarantee you one of my sims will feel the need to not pay their bills, start a kitchen fire, swim and drown, stand under a meteor, miss work, etc. Every one of those things have happened to me at least once.

The funny thing is one time I decided to get up but wanted the game to still run, so I turned my volume up loud so I can listen for ominous music. :D
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Don't you know about the Sims rule that you should never leave your game without pausing it? Every time I get up without pausing the game (even if just going to the bathroom) I can guarantee you one of my sims will feel the need to not pay their bills, start a kitchen fire, swim and drown, stand under a meteor, miss work, etc. Every one of those things have happened to me at least once.

The funny thing is one time I decided to get up but wanted the game to still run, so I turned my volume up loud so I can listen for ominous music. :D

Once I left and when I came back, there was a fire.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    when your local university gets their own TS3 representation.

UBCHockeyTee_TS3.png

UBCVarsityJacket_TS3.png

Just because you can... :D Hallelujah TSR Workshop.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

@Avatarit Don't you know about the Sims rule that you should never leave your game without pausing it? Every time I get up without pausing the game (even if just going to the bathroom) I can guarantee you one of my sims will feel the need to not pay their bills, start a kitchen fire, swim and drown, stand under a meteor, miss work, etc. Every one of those things have happened to me at least once.

I always save before I get up, just in case :wink: usually when I get back I see it stuck on a game messege like an opportuniy or a call from someone that one to invite my sim on a date and waiting for an answer. I can go away for half an hour to get back and see they progressed only 2 days :smile: now that's a disappointment.
    The volume is a good idea :lol: like a baby monitor :wink: You can keep the baby in one room with the baby monitor from the store, keep the game camera on the parents room with the other baby monitor and then go away with loud volume so you could monitor the parents that monitor the baby :lol:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Two sim days progress in 30 real time minutes is disappointing?

Once again I have to wonder if I'm playing a totally different game from everyone else here. It usually takes me 1-3 realtime days, not playing continuously of course, to progress my game that far (and not counting game sessions where I've started up and then decided I was too tired to play or got pulled away by something else). I know we all have different play styles, etc. but the difference here seems awfully extreme. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Two sim days progress in 30 real time minutes is disappointing?

Once again I have to wonder if I'm playing a totally different game from everyone else here. It usually takes me 1-3 realtime days, not playing continuously of course, to progress my game that far (and not counting game sessions where I've started up and then decided I was too tired to play or got pulled away by something else). I know we all have different play styles, etc. but the difference here seems awfully extreme. ;)

Anyway in my comment I was referring to the situation of kids+adults in a regular rabbitholes jobs/school and without building during that time as I'm not in front of the computer. In that case sim-time should fly: 6 hours they are at school/work, 8 hours they sleep - those minutes are going fast forward by default.
    I don't always play like that, it depends on the household members, their occupation, and my game style at the time. sometimes it's fun to run a term with a household, and sometimes it's more fun to experience every single moment, sometimes I do it too, and when I build during the game then of course it's even more time.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Oneday, I asked the price of grocery in simoleons, not in euro at mart in real life. The cashier asked me, “say again please?”
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    edited January 2018
    You know you're addicted when, after 8 years you still get excited about playing Sims 3.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    You know you're addicted when, after 8 years you still get excited about playing Sims 3.

@dogdancer Yup! Just got my 8th Anniversary Badge and I'm still very much excited about the game! :mrgreen:
    #truestory
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SimplyErica16SimplyErica16 Posts: 51 Member
    Whenever you *LITERALLY* dream of playing the game..
    I'm a fellow Simmer!
    I have a youtube channel as well! Check it out ➭ SimplyErica

• SimplyErica16SimplyErica16 Posts: 51 Member
    or whenever you pass by a great looking how and think "..I'm going to make that in The Sims.."
    I'm a fellow Simmer!
    I have a youtube channel as well! Check it out ➭ SimplyErica

edited January 2018
    When you are wondering what traits you would have if you were a sim ;)
    Actually, I think we need a psychotest for that lol
    Post edited by gerefteast on
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    gerefteast wrote: »
    When you are wondering what traits you would have if you were a sim ;)
    Actually, I think we need a psychotest for that lol

Pfft, I already know that one. Handy, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Genius and Evil. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top