Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows and Door size offerings

NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Is it difficult to offer smaller/wall size 1 windows and doors of the ones that are released for taller walls? I have seen some great releases in stuff/game packs that have windows and doors that only come in middle or tallest wall size but not for regular sized walls.

(that bae window would have been so great in a kitchen where often there is a jut out window over the sink)
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I wonder if we can re-size them in-game? I have not tried it, but you can resize various objects in the game - didn't they add some new scale tool into the game?

A window *could* be re-sizable. A door is more problematic because you need to retain the width - but technically yes.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I was hoping to use the new bay window that came in Laundry Day Stuff in my sims' conservatory, but that is only for middle sized walls... kinda annoying...
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2018
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can re-size them in-game? I have not tried it, but you can resize various objects in the game - didn't they add some new scale tool into the game?

A window *could* be re-sizable. A door is more problematic because you need to retain the width - but technically yes.

no you cant resize windows at this time, you can - but the "hole" doesnt resize, just the object itself. Same with mirrors (the reflective surface doesnt resize).
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Op, you make a really good point.

What the designers have created is a garden window (somewhat different from a bay window). It would have been awesome if it had arrived with a variation that could have gone over a counter or a table, as garden windows often do.

In my personal happy place, all of the doors and windows would have come in sizes to match each category of wall height. It can be so frustrating to find a window/door that you love, yet it isn't the right height. Come to think of it, curtains have the same issue.

The ability to scale buy mode objects has been a revelation for the interior designer that lurks in me. :) A build mode equivalent would be incredible. If that isn't technically possible, it would be nice if they provided sets that had options within each height category.

Perhaps in the next version of the game...
    I3Ml5Om.jpg