Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs Since 11/7 Patch and/or Installation of Cats & Dogs EP

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The bugs that I've encountered include: cc hairs randomly disappearing and reappearing during gameplay (sims walk around bald from time to time), all custom traits are no longer available in cas and the add more traits mod doesn't work on some of the traits I have like tsundere trait or bad and boujee trait, and sims randomly floating in midair when using cc bunk beds.

Hello
    Many custom traits were broken by the recent patches. You will need to go back to where you downloaded the traits from and see if there may be an updated version that has been released.

Sims 4 Studio tool has now updated its program, and has a batch fix that includes fixing some of the cc items broken by the last patch
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the cas and objects batch fixes.
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I started a brand new game after the latest patch, and I noticed.
    when I get a meal from the fridge and tell mum to eat. she goes and has a bath every time. the only way to get her to eat is to make her cook another meal. everyone else will grab a plate.

I also had my dog get dirty for no reason.
    I was only playing a few hours so this is all I noticed.
  • Options
    I started a brand new game after the latest patch, and I noticed.
    when I get a meal from the fridge and tell mum to eat. she goes and has a bath every time. the only way to get her to eat is to make her cook another meal. everyone else will grab a plate.

I also had my dog get dirty for no reason.
    I was only playing a few hours so this is all I noticed.

Hello
    Try having the mother travel to another lot and then back home again, and see if there is an issue next time she eats. If the issue remains, try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game, and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    kss4kss4 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have to say, I have loved the Sims since they originally came out! BUT, I have noticed that the prices are getting higher and the quality is getting lower! I have every single Sim game ever put out, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs has done nothing but bug my game! I have repaired and reinstalled, no mods or cc to be had; so that is not to blame! I am sick and tired of people not doing actions and not being able to businesses on the same lot! I can not get any services that way! Yes, I have business lots with homes too, they all work fine except for Cats and Dogs and I definitely like the open world plan better! EA you have made things worse by trying to make them (what you think) is better! Please stop trying to pump out more packs and fix the ones that are there!
  • Options
    kss4 wrote: »
    I have to say, I have loved the Sims since they originally came out! BUT, I have noticed that the prices are getting higher and the quality is getting lower! I have every single Sim game ever put out, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs has done nothing but bug my game! I have repaired and reinstalled, no mods or cc to be had; so that is not to blame! I am sick and tired of people not doing actions and not being able to businesses on the same lot! I can not get any services that way! Yes, I have business lots with homes too, they all work fine except for Cats and Dogs and I definitely like the open world plan better! EA you have made things worse by trying to make them (what you think) is better! Please stop trying to pump out more packs and fix the ones that are there!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having game issues :(
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that may perhaps help. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    kss4kss4 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > kss4 wrote: »
    >
    > I have to say, I have loved the Sims since they originally came out! BUT, I have noticed that the prices are getting higher and the quality is getting lower! I have every single Sim game ever put out, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs has done nothing but bug my game! I have repaired and reinstalled, no mods or cc to be had; so that is not to blame! I am sick and tired of people not doing actions and not being able to businesses on the same lot! I can not get any services that way! Yes, I have business lots with homes too, they all work fine except for Cats and Dogs and I definitely like the open world plan better! EA you have made things worse by trying to make them (what you think) is better! Please stop trying to pump out more packs and fix the ones that are there!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having game issues :(
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that may perhaps help. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Thanks hon! I have been playing for about an hour now, only had to reset my sim once and a few minor work around glitches! I always expect some glitches with any game but the ones I have been having since cats and dogs were just ridiculous! Hopefully it will continue to work with little problem! :)
  • Options
    kss4 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > kss4 wrote: »
    >
    > I have to say, I have loved the Sims since they originally came out! BUT, I have noticed that the prices are getting higher and the quality is getting lower! I have every single Sim game ever put out, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs has done nothing but bug my game! I have repaired and reinstalled, no mods or cc to be had; so that is not to blame! I am sick and tired of people not doing actions and not being able to businesses on the same lot! I can not get any services that way! Yes, I have business lots with homes too, they all work fine except for Cats and Dogs and I definitely like the open world plan better! EA you have made things worse by trying to make them (what you think) is better! Please stop trying to pump out more packs and fix the ones that are there!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having game issues :(
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that may perhaps help. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Thanks hon! I have been playing for about an hour now, only had to reset my sim once and a few minor work around glitches! I always expect some glitches with any game but the ones I have been having since cats and dogs were just ridiculous! Hopefully it will continue to work with little problem! :)

You’re welcome :) I hope that your game continues to work with not too many issues.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Please add to your list of issues how, " THE COME AND GET IT STORE TABLE AND CANVAS" STILL DOESN'T WORK SINCE THAT TIME EITHER FOR MANY OF US INCLUDING MYSELF. i wonder if this feature will ever be fixed as most of my sims use it as a way to make a living and there are only so many lots to use for a few items they wish to sell. I thought the latest patch would finally fix the bug. Instead the game makers haven't fixed it or mentioned anything about it. Therefore, I wonder if they are even aware of the problem or ongoing threads that appear on other links.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    BTW, my complaint about the "come and get it store items" and FLEA MARKET event with the same table and canvas issues is very annoying and interfering with my gameplay altogether.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Please add to your list of issues how, " THE COME AND GET IT STORE TABLE AND CANVAS" STILL DOESN'T WORK SINCE THAT TIME EITHER FOR MANY OF US INCLUDING MYSELF. i wonder if this feature will ever be fixed as most of my sims use it as a way to make a living and there are only so many lots to use for a few items they wish to sell. I thought the latest patch would finally fix the bug. Instead the game makers haven't fixed it or mentioned anything about it. Therefore, I wonder if they are even aware of the problem or ongoing threads that appear on other links.

Hello
    The Developers are aware of the issue. The thread about the issue is listed as open on the AHQ EA site .
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Yard-Sales-not-working-anymore/td-p/6405452
    The Developers read all the threads, and do testing on the issues,
  • Options
    Ashawny30Ashawny30 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ever since I updated with the January 11 , 2018 update my game has been severely glitchy. My graphics card meets the requirements . There is white and grey lines moving in and out fading in and out. I have never had something like this happen to me and I've searched for answers everywhere. Please someone help me .
  • Options
    Ashawny30 wrote: »
    Ever since I updated with the January 11 , 2018 update my game has been severely glitchy. My graphics card meets the requirements . There is white and grey lines moving in and out fading in and out. I have never had something like this happen to me and I've searched for answers everywhere. Please someone help me .

Hello @Ashawny30
    Make sure that your graphics card is uptodate.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • Options
    h.t.t.p://pastebin.com/H1554qtK
  • Options

Hello @Ashawny30
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the issues.
    I am so sorry :(
    Try testing by playing in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Doing these things may help your issues.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issue occurred after installing Cats and Dogs ep, you could try disabling the pack and see if that helps.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Each patch and pack adds extra pressure on the computer to run the game. The patch may have caused these issues. Sometines the game can be working okay, then the next time it doesn’t work.
  • Options
    Thank you very much!!!! That helped and completely fixed my problem!
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    I don't know if this has been asked before but does anyone else also having problems with the highchair?
    Since the patch of December or January the highchair is not working as it should. :(
    The parent places the toddler in the chair and takes it out again before the toddler can eat OR without any reason the parent places the toddler in the highchair, takes the toddler out off the highchair again en places him back in the chair.
    The toddler gets angry and is not be fed.
    The only thing you can do is remove the highchair, place the food on the counter or table and give the toddler the command to grab a plate.

I don't use mods or cc.
    Does anyone know if this has been reported yet?
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
  • Options
    Puncky99 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been asked before but does anyone else also having problems with the highchair?
    Since the patch of December or January the highchair is not working as it should. :(
    The parent places the toddler in the chair and takes it out again before the toddler can eat OR without any reason the parent places the toddler in the highchair, takes the toddler out off the highchair again en places him back in the chair.
    The toddler gets angry and is not be fed.
    The only thing you can do is remove the highchair, place the food on the counter or table and give the toddler the command to grab a plate.

I don't use mods or cc.
    Does anyone know if this has been reported yet?

Hello
    Simmers have posted about this on this AHQ EA thread. You may like to post feedback there also.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-issues/m-p/5819628
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    Thanks @rosemow. I will do so. :)
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
  • Options
    After the laundry update today, after logging in and clicking on sims4 game, my window just shows a white screen with the sims4 logo in left top corner. Is there any fix for this? Tried restarting Origins but it just starts with Sims4 logo on the screen, then disappears into a small window. When I click on the small window, only a white screen shows. Do I need to re-install the entire game?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    After the laundry update today, after logging in and clicking on sims4 game, my window just shows a white screen with the sims4 logo in left top corner. Is there any fix for this? Tried restarting Origins but it just starts with Sims4 logo on the screen, then disappears into a small window. When I click on the small window, only a white screen shows. Do I need to re-install the entire game?

Hello @MsKatieRose
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    > >
    >
    >
    > Hello @MsKatieRose
    > Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

thanks that worked
  • Options
    > >
    >
    >
    > Hello @MsKatieRose
    > Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

thanks that worked

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

@rosemow is correct your laptop is under requirements. You can also try lowering your resolution in the game launcher . Your resolution is too high to game on for your video card. Check off laptop mode in the launcher. Play in windowed mode. This will all take stress off your video card/processor. In the end you will need a new computer that meets recommended requirements if you wish to keep adding more and more to this game. It's not complete and the more you add to this game, the more demanding the game will become to a computer